2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers took care of the Jazz. Now tied in the loss column.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I figure the ankle is probably a bigger deal than it looks like he'll be less than 100% for awhile now. I guess they got it right but that game swung completely on the foul on Kemba with Steph shooting a 3 that they overturned saying it wasn't a foul. Right down the other end Tatum hits a 3 so it's a 6 point swing. But I guess they're saying the high five isn't a foul after the release and Steph caused contact with the leg kick so I guess they got the call right.

Bazemore missing 2 FT's and Draymond a layup were killers.

If Toscano Anderson can't play the next game and Curry is sub optimal with the ankle going to be tough to beat Philly.

Curry is insane could have easily had 50 again tonight if that call isn't overturned. He was clearly hurt, he even took Tylenol or something on the court, ripped the packet open and took it.

Tough loss both the game and the 2 injuries

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph Curry wins Player of the Week with these stats

43.8 PPG | 5.8 RPG | 5 APG | 57.3 FG% | 54.3 3FG%

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so young. I don’t know how a parent recovers from something like this.

A big part of what I do is working with families in this type of situation. It's tough. I could tell you a lot of incredibly sad stories. But this is not the place. My prayers go out to the Pippen family. I have a son this age.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big part of what I do is working with families in this type of situation. It's tough. I could tell you a lot of incredibly sad stories. But this is not the place. My prayers go out to the Pippen family. I have a son this age.

man... you’re doing God’s work JC. It takes someone with an incredible heart and ability to deal with despondency to do what you do.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can or should win an MVP on a team barely over 500 but man is Steph Curry challenging that notion. 11th straight game over 30 tonight in the win over Philly. entered the 4th Q with 29 points and the Warriors tied, Philly hits a 3, Curry hits a 3 and proceeds to score 20 points, including a missed FT in the 4th quarter. Kerr actually left him in a bit at the end to try and get 50 if not for the missed FT he had it. 5 of the 11 he topped 40 with one 53 a 49 and a 47. 10 3's again tonight.

I have never seen a guy on a tear like this where more than half his made shots are from 3. He's shooting 49% from 3 in April and doing it taking 14 a game!

He can't possibly keep it up but remember after the last game they didn't even know if he'd play today because of the ankle roll.

The man is legend, again they are the 8th worst offense in NBA history with him not on the floor and yet they're .500.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can or should win an MVP on a team barely over 500 but man is Steph Curry challenging that notion. 11th straight game over 30 tonight in the win over Philly. entered the 4th Q with 29 points and the Warriors tied, Philly hits a 3, Curry hits a 3 and proceeds to score 20 points, including a missed FT in the 4th quarter. Kerr actually left him in a bit at the end to try and get 50 if not for the missed FT he had it. 5 of the 11 he topped 40 with one 53 a 49 and a 47. 10 3's again tonight.

I have never seen a guy on a tear like this where more than half his made shots are from 3. He's shooting 49% from 3 in April and doing it taking 14 a game!

He can't possibly keep it up but remember after the last game they didn't even know if he'd play today because of the ankle roll.

The man is legend, again they are the 8th worst offense in NBA history with him not on the floor and yet they're .500.

He’s on a Jordan-esque run this month and i think he’s definitely a top 5 candidate for how he’s carried that team all season, but still not the MVP. He’s incredible though and I think their run gets back in gear next year and has at least another three years in it, especially if Wiseman makes a leap or they get the Wolves pick and get another good player to go with them with Klay back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s on a Jordan-esque run this month and i think he’s definitely a top 5 candidate for how he’s carried that team all season, but still not the MVP. He’s incredible though and I think their run gets back in gear next year and has at least another three years in it, especially if Wiseman makes a leap or they get the Wolves pick and get another good player to go with them with Klay back.

Yeah I'm not saying he should win it but this is unreal. he scored 20 points in just over 6 minutes in the 4th quarter. At least the 4th time in the 11 games he's had 20 or more in a quarter.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It almost looks like the Red Sea parting.

Overstating and way too early, I know. It's just a LOT of key injuries among contending teams this year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It almost looks like the Red Sea parting.

Overstating and way too early, I know. It's just a LOT of key injuries among contending teams this year.

It is really weird. Still a month away so they may all get healthy in time yet.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He was on the court at the end of their game last night in street clothes. I know clothes can be misleading but he looked ENORMOUS, he looked like he'd gained 20 pounds since he last played.

I'm assuming all the injuries are Covid related, guys who shut down and then came back in the bubble and then had a new offseason, not injuries caused by Covid, but caused by the new schedule that Covid caused.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave