Over-hyped guys you don’t like

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The 2 guys I think are most over-hyped are Trey Lance and Kyle Pitts.

I just don’t get the Trey Lance love. Sure, he’s athletic and has a strong arm but he was playing against future businessmen and street free agents. He may turn out good, but top 10 is ridiculous to me.

Kyle Pitts is my other guy. He’s a great prospect, no doubt, but I just think of Vernon Davis when it comes to Pitts. Pitts is taller but they are similar athletes.
Like Davis, I doubt Pitts revolutionizes the TE position.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Wasn't Vernon Davis considered the one of, if not the, best TE in the league from like 09-13?
‘09 was his best year but it wasn’t off the charts good. He only made 2 pro bowls. He was good, but wasn’t a big difference maker like his draft hype predicted.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence
I could see that. Everybody just assumes he’s going to be a star. He may be but I don’t think he’s going into a great situation. Especially, if Urban wants to run his college style offense.
By no means am I buying the hype about Meyer as a NFL head coach either.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Micah Parsons- he was an edge rusher in HS. Very limited snaps at LB show in recognition and in coverage. Questions about how much he loves football. Then add to the fact that we already drafted two inexperienced LBs in the first round recently.... I’m out

Kwitty Paye- He is an athletic freak that is excellent setting the edge and making plays in the run game, but he has no plan as a pass rusher. Lack of moves besides bull rush. I don't like taking DT's in the first that can't consistently generate pressure. I surely don't want an edge that can't.... I'm out

Christian Darrisaw- AKA Levi Brown part 2.... Great size, feet and strength. But his effort varies from game to game. Let another team try to light a fire under this kid. If I were a GM, I'm not risking my job and reputation on a kid that doesn't give 100%.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Elijah Vera-Tucker
Trey Lance
Mac Jones
Any Center drafted before Creed Humphrey <-- I may be alone on this island.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Travis Etienne
Vera Tucker
Waddle

I'm not saying I don't like them I just think they are overhyped or mocked higher than I think they should

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence
Trey Lance
Justin Fields
Mac Jones

I think Lawrence will be good, but not god. The remaining three are going to leave teams disappointed and I am exceedingly happy that one of them will be a 49er and that those morons sold the farm for a flop.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Justin Fields
Micah Parsons
Devonta Smith (I struggle with physical outliers)
Caleb Farley (his back scares me)
Travis Etienne (doesn't seem special)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 2 guys I think are most over-hyped are Trey Lance and Kyle Pitts.

I just don’t get the Trey Lance love. Sure, he’s athletic and has a strong arm but he was playing against future businessmen and street free agents. He may turn out good, but top 10 is ridiculous to me.

Kyle Pitts is my other guy. He’s a great prospect, no doubt, but I just think of Vernon Davis when it comes to Pitts. Pitts is taller but they are similar athletes.
Like Davis, I doubt Pitts revolutionizes the TE position.
Didn’t Wentz play against the same level of competition albeit he won championships in the same school?

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence
This. He's going to throw a lot of picks in the NFL.

I didn't watch a lot of his final year but I felt like he regressed his sophomore season. He trusted his arm too much and tried to squeeze passes into tighter windows than he should've.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This. He's going to throw a lot of picks in the NFL.

I didn't watch a lot of his final year but I felt like he regressed his sophomore season. He trusted his arm too much and tried to squeeze passes into tighter windows than he should've.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose