Path to the draft....trades, rumors, etc

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't get Pitts to the Falcons. Receiving is the least of their worries. They already have 2 of the best wide receivers in the league. Possible the best #1 and #2 combo. And Gage at WR3 have nearly 800 yards.

And they got nearly 600 yards from Hayden Hurst at TE, plus Hurst is a good blocker.

The Falcons were 5th in receiving yards last year. What exactly is Pitts going to add they don't already have? Any yards he has they would have anyway between those guys, he'd just be stealing yards from someone else.

They are weak at DE, LB, they could do with a CB. Makes massive sense for them to trade back. Which is why I think they will.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That sounds like totally accurate Cards info to me.

Collins kind of looks like a poor mans Simmons. He looks ok, but he looks more like a middle linebacker than a pass rusher to me. Feel like we should trade down a few spots if he is the plan though.
Simmons is S/ILB ... Zaven would be an ILB/EDGE.

Where he has an advantage is that he would be a natural LB being asked to play LB.

The unfortunate part is that he has said he prefers to play an off-ball LB role vs an EDGE role, and I believe we would be using him in a hybrid capacity. So, we risk drafting another player who had success in one role and then putting him at another.

All this said, I like Collins as a player and feel he fits our division very well. I don't like using another high draft pick on an ILB. A situation where I like the player, don't mind the spot selecting him, but hate the positional value.

My board for the Cardinals looks like this right now. (no order)

Kyle Pitts
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Pat Surtain
Jaycee Horn

Then I have these players with a clarification.

Greg Newsome (if he fits the system)
Caleb Farley (if medical is really good)

After that I am looking to trade back. If we can't, Collins, AVT, and Parsons are also options.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons is S/ILB ... Zaven would be an ILB/EDGE.

Where he has an advantage is that he would be a natural LB being asked to play LB.

The unfortunate part is that he has said he prefers to play an off-ball LB role vs an EDGE role, and I believe we would be using him in a hybrid capacity. So, we risk drafting another player who had success in one role and then putting him at another.

All this said, I like Collins as a player and feel he fits our division very well. I don't like using another high draft pick on an ILB. A situation where I like the player, don't mind the spot selecting him, but hate the positional value.

My board for the Cardinals looks like this right now. (no order)

Kyle Pitts
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Pat Surtain
Jaycee Horn

Then I have these players with a clarification.

Greg Newsome (if he fits the system)
Caleb Farley (if medical is really good)

After that I am looking to trade back. If we can't, Collins, AVT, and Parsons are also options.

Almost my exact list but with Vera Tucker as well. Newsome is the trade back

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
166lbs. Yeesh.

Two things bother me about this.

The practicalities of a 166lb WR in the NFL going up against the best CBs at 190-200lb. That's simply too lightweight. He would be a massive outlier.

But more so, why is he 166lb? He's 6ft tall. At that height he should comfortably carry 190+. Is there are lack of effort or interest in putting the work in?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Smith must have like 2% body fat at 166...that's incredibly thin. His tooth pick legs are the most worrisome. I just dont see how he's going to be very successful against NFL CB's playing hard press at the line...

keith wenzel

Reaction score
I am still very concerned about the CB position. I just can not see Alford as a projected starter. As great as a receiver would be, and living in Mississippi if you are moving up Jamar Chase is the best bet, we have to improve at CB for the defense ti take the next step

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Smith must have like 2% body fat at 166...that's incredibly thin. His tooth pick legs are the most worrisome. I just dont see how he's going to be very successful against NFL CB's playing hard press at the line...
My running weight when I ran track in college was 155 lbs at 6’1” and I had 4% body fat.

Now, I’m 195 lbs and let’s just say I am no longer at 4%. :D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

i would think that in the SEC, the moment that D coordinators could figure out that jamming Smith at the line would take him out of the route --- he would have faced non-stop jamming at the line

the SEC in the 19 and 20 drafts had 11 corners taken (not including Alabama) -- so he faced quality

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i would think that in the SEC, the moment that D coordinators could figure out that jamming Smith at the line would take him out of the route --- he would have faced non-stop jamming at the line

the SEC in the 19 and 20 drafts had 11 corners taken (not including Alabama) -- so he faced quality

True, but then he isn't playing NFL quality corners every week

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Only Keim would trade up for a WR when every draft is stacked at WR.

Even if you REALLY like Waddle you can get Waddle adjacent without the huge expense of trading up.

Elijah Moore, Bateman, Tony etc
But Waddle is a much better prospect. That’s why he’s a top 10-12 pick and those guys are likely 2nd rounders.

However, I wouldn’t trade up for any WR not named Chase.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose