Deandre Ayton discussion

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
He has certainly seems to have turned the corner in the last 3-4 weeks. His body language has been great, and he's not getting down on himself and disengaging when he makes a mistake like he used to do. Most importantly, we have to remember that he's still just 22 years old. He will continue to grow and mature.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has certainly seems to have turned the corner in the last 3-4 weeks. His body language has been great, and he's not getting down on himself and disengaging when he makes a mistake like he used to do. Most importantly, we have to remember that he's still just 22 years old. He will continue to grow and mature.
Um. Since he became a father. That added sense of responsibility tends to change a person's perspective on life.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns used to make a point of getting Ayton a lot of paint touches early in the game, but they've gone away from that. Lately it's been Booker who's been getting those early play calls. Wonder if it's time to switch that up again. If Ayton can get going, it will open up the floor for everyone.

He still fumbles a lot of catchable passes, but does seem to be improving in that area.

In regards to Ayton, I wouldn't change what has been working. Especially to go back to a way of using him that seemed to make him disappear as the game went on.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In regards to Ayton, I wouldn't change what has been working. Especially to go back to a way of using him that seemed to make him disappear as the game went on.
Yup. Just keep winning. That’s what it’s all about right now. Let Ayton develop in the flow of the team.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Ayton's been doing a great job recently. I notice him calling for the ball once in a while, he's been finishing some nice lobs from Booker and Paul, and he's been maintaining his defensive focus. I am very happy with Ayton the last couple of weeks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The little baby hook is virtually automatic against smaller players. It’s never going to draw fouls, but it’s a powerful weapon. If he can get it to work against bigger and better defenders, watch out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton's stats are becoming meaningful and not just numbers. I'm liking 4th quarter Ayton.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I know there are some posters on this board who Gambo is talking about. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude has grown by leaps and bounds since Monty benched him. Some guys could south at that moment. Ayton didn’t. Major credit for that alone, but the continued improvement ever since then has been awesome to watch.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
His length and athleticism are going to be so important in the playoffs on the defensive end. For the record the best games I saw DA play in college were in P12 Tournament, the two ASU games and the Oregon FBI game all of which were under bright lights and scrutiny (I'll give him a pass for Buffalo game since PJC could barely get the ball past halfcourt).

Kid has a very laid back personality so part of me thinks/hopes the intensity and spotlight of playoff basketball will light a fire that a Tuesday night game vs Orlando won't.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yep, we're only a championship team if Ayton takes us there. Terrifying, but he's definitely showing growth.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, we're only a championship team if Ayton takes us there. Terrifying, but he's definitely showing growth.

It's not just on him.

If Booker keeps playing like he has lately, we are in big trouble.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree with this. I've been one of his biggest critics, but that's because I know he's the key to this team. He is the most naturally gifted player on the squad, with the highest ceiling. The championship aspirations of this team hinge on him meeting his potential.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

dude has grown by leaps and bounds since Monty benched him. Some guys could south at that moment. Ayton didn’t. Major credit for that alone, but the continued improvement ever since then has been awesome to watch.
I'll eat all the crow that I need to. I just want to see this trend turn into the new normal.
We haters are enjoying his success. It's awesome, I hope he keeps making us look stupid.

Agreed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose