My thoughts on the added free agents

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The number was like 57%.
That’s amazing considering that he caught 47 of 104 targets. That would mean literally every pass thrown to him that he didn’t catch was “uncatchable.” Label me a disbeliever if that’s the claim.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sometimes a great receiver can make those balls catchable
Maybe he is half step slower, maybe was more an effort problem, but I don't think he had no chances in every those 57 throws

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That’s amazing considering that he caught 47 of 104 targets. That would mean literally every pass thrown to him that he didn’t catch was “uncatchable.” Label me a disbeliever if that’s the claim.
agree with you here Ouchie... I'm very bearish on the AJ Green pickup and dont think he will give us much beyond Fitz capabilities.

I would love for him to pop cause Im a lightsider but I dont see him doing more than 600 yards

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agree with you here Ouchie... I'm very bearish on the AJ Green pickup and dont think he will give us much beyond Fitz capabilities.

I would love for him to pop cause Im a lightsider but I dont see him doing more than 600 yards
I would love to be proven wrong. And I think he’s got a little more in the tank than Fitz. But I think anyone expecting 1,000 yards and dynamic play are going to be sorely disappointed. I’d be stoked to see 700 yards. But I don’t expect it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would love to be proven wrong. And I think he’s got a little more in the tank than Fitz. But I think anyone expecting 1,000 yards and dynamic play are going to be sorely disappointed. I’d be stoked to see 700 yards. But I don’t expect it.

Then do th research or pay attention yourself. The number of uncatchable balls was posted multiple times over. You can dispute it or go watch all of the balls thrown AJ Green's way.

Be lazy and just say ZOMG AJ GREEN SUCKZ!!! Or Google it like I did and you'll quickly see youtube videos of Burrow and the other POS Bengals QBs throwing ducks Green's way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Then do th research or pay attention yourself. The number of uncatchable balls was posted multiple times over. You can dispute it or go watch all of the balls thrown AJ Green's way.

Be lazy and just say ZOMG AJ GREEN SUCKZ!!! Or Google it like I did and you'll quickly see youtube videos of Burrow and the other POS Bengals QBs throwing ducks Green's way.
So you’re backing the 57% number you threw out there? He caught 45% of targets. Math, krang, math.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If that was all on their QB play then we should put Tee Higgins in the HOF right now.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Green has the worst advanced stats out of basically every receiver that played in 2020. QB play didn't impact this...dude couldn't separate from a turtle last year. He's all name and no game.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
I was wondering if those of you who watched a lot of Green’s games in 2020 could tell me if the other team’s best cornerback was on Green most the time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If that was all on their QB play then we should put Tee Higgins in the HOF right now.
Yes he and Boyd had good seasons. I’m willing to concede that aj green could have received all, or even most, of the uncatchable balls, but it actually begs the question why? Just pure happenstance? Could be. But chance doesn’t usually recur with such consistency. Could it be a receiver who no longer gets great separation has a more difficult time getting to balls and thus they are rules uncatchable? Occams razor?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I was wondering if those of you who watched a lot of Green’s games in 2020 could tell me if the other team’s best cornerback was on Green most the time.
That could certainly play a role.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes he and Boyd had good seasons. I’m willing to concede that aj green could have received all, or even most, of the uncatchable balls, but it actually begs the question why? Just pure happenstance? Could be. But chance doesn’t usually recur with such consistency. Could it be a receiver who no longer gets great separation has a more difficult time getting to balls and thus they are rules uncatchable? Occams razor?

Is it hard to understand that Green was more of the deep ball guy in the offense?

Uncatchable means no one can catch it.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here are 2 pics of what the players who signed cheap 1 year deals with us will be doing next year.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or you could be like, not lazy, and watch some Bengals tape and you would see that Green was more of the deep target and Burrow was God awful throwing to him.
I suppose that’s possible but you’d think that would be evidenced in the yards per catch stat.

Boyd - 10.6 on 79 catches
Green - 11.1 on 47
Higgins - 13.6 on 67

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I suppose that’s possible but you’d think that would be evidenced in the yards per catch stat.

Boyd - 10.6 on 79 catches
Green - 11.1 on 47
Higgins - 13.6 on 67

Right....because most of the long throws were errant.

I have to dig a little to find the youtube video where a Bengals fan shows every throw to Green last year. I didn't even finish watching it because all you had to see was a few games to realize that Burrow just isn't used to throwing to guys who make the contested catch, which is the kind of receiver Green is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right....because most of the long throws were errant.

I have to dig a little to find the youtube video where a Bengals fan shows every throw to Green last year. I didn't even finish watching it because all you had to see was a few games to realize that Burrow just isn't used to throwing to guys who make the contested catch, which is the kind of receiver Green is.
No need. I’m not vested in proving anything. I just see the injuries, age, and recent numbers and thus I’m not enthused. We will get what we get when the season starts.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would have to imagine that it is very rare for a team like ours to get this much older in an offseason.

1. We are more likely to be 4th in our division that to be in the NFC Championship.
2. Almost everyone we signed has a significant injury history. That never bodes well.
3. Our GM & Coach are leveraging youth for age.....IMOHO.... Because they know they need to produce now to save their jobs. That never works out well in the long run for a team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would have to imagine that it is very rare for a team like ours to get this much older in an offseason.

1. We are more likely to be 4th in our division that to be in the NFC Championship.
2. Almost everyone we signed has a significant injury history. That never bodes well.
3. Our GM & Coach are leveraging youth for age.....IMOHO.... Because they know they need to produce now to save their jobs. That never works out well in the long run for a team.
Well said. With a young coach, young QB, and all that comes with it, you think we'd be the plucky up and comers who might not be there yet but are gaining momentum every day. No matter what we do this year, the roster will be pushing 50% different next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No need. I’m not vested in proving anything. I just see the injuries, age, and recent numbers and thus I’m not enthused. We will get what we get when the season starts.

I think the silver lining I see is that he is replacing Fitzgerald...who is now old and slow. The Cardinals are very likely moving Kirk to the slot where I think he will be more effective. If Green even hits 800 yards, this signing is a huge win.

To summarize: Green should be more effective than Fitz and Kirk should be better in the slot. What I would love would be for the Cardinals to sign Nelson. That would mean they wouldn't have to go corner round 1, and could pretty much go BPA.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My observations as a fan with a tad of information from a far. I know someone close to my family who has seen JJ's medicals and there is a lot that can go wrong. I hope not and you dang right I hope he can contribute but I do not see him being able to give his all despite his legit warrior attitude. I have always watched the Bengals for whatever reason, almost like the AFC fubar version of the Cards but even worse if that is possible. AJ Green simply lost interest losing year after year and the man is not ancient by any means from years of watching him is my impression.. he has a name for a reason, the guy is a quality vet at the least and happy with the signing :)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I rewatched that also. Inexcusable that we lost that game. Murray ran for over 100 yards & yet KK decides to try a 47 yard FG with a struggling kicker on 4th & 1 late in the game just to tie the game. Zane comes up short with 1:58 left & game over. On the drive before this, we turned the ball over on downs after a 10 play drive when KK decides to run Edmonds up the gut on 4th & 1. You have one of the most elusive QB's in football & he takes the ball out of his hands TWICE in the 4th quarter of a game we dominated. Even if Zane had connected to tie the game, the Dolphins had 2 minutes & 3 TO's to set up a winning kick. Does anyone really think our D would have stopped Miami?? We made Tua look like Montana in that game.

Ughh. Another reminder of our coaches' genius.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the silver lining I see is that he is replacing Fitzgerald...who is now old and slow. The Cardinals are very likely moving Kirk to the slot where I think he will be more effective. If Green even hits 800 yards, this signing is a huge win.

To summarize: Green should be more effective than Fitz and Kirk should be better in the slot. What I would love would be for the Cardinals to sign Nelson. That would mean they wouldn't have to go corner round 1, and could pretty much go BPA.
I see the increase from aj to Fitz as incremental at best. I was hoping we would actually add a threat as a #2 receiver. Kirk improving on moving to the slot is a big presumption. Am I remembering correctly that when we drafted him everyone was excited about him in the slot and then we found out he was primarily utilized as an outside receiver?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My observations as a fan with a tad of information from a far. I know someone close to my family who has seen JJ's medicals and there is a lot that can go wrong. I hope not and you dang right I hope he can contribute but I do not see him being able to give his all despite his legit warrior attitude. I have always watched the Bengals for whatever reason, almost like the AFC fubar version of the Cards but even worse if that is possible. AJ Green simply lost interest losing year after year and the man is not ancient by any means from years of watching him is my impression.. he has a name for a reason, the guy is a quality vet at the least and happy with the signing :)
Is this an accurate summary of your post:

1. medically he is a potential ticking time bomb.
2. he quit on his team.
3. He looks spry when you’ve watched him.
4. You like his well-earned reputation.
5. Bengals suck but you watch them anyway.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Is this an accurate summary of your post:

1. medically he is a potential ticking time bomb.
2. he quit on his team.
3. He looks spry when you’ve watched him.
4. You like his well-earned reputation.
5. Bengals suck but you watch them anyway.

Eh.. almost
1. Correct on JJ
2. Guess you can say that but remember there was years before that which tried his patience when he did go all out
3) Yeah, I think he has something left in the tank for sure
4) Correction, I acknowledge why he has a well earned rep
5) Yeah, maybe some kind of twisted feel good placebo for being a Cardinal fan :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose