ESPN Louis Reddick is huge fan of Caleb Farley

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rest of the league allows Farley to fall to 16, the Cards should grab him. He’s not perfect. He a little tackle averse, but he can cover on an island. Like all CBs there will be growing pains but he should grow into a force in the Cards’ secondary. I’m okay with Horn, but his skills would have to be integrated into a planned coverage system.
You’re not the first person to say his tackle averse, which makes me question Richard Sherman comparisons people have been making here. Thoughts on that comp?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's not as tackle adverse as Peterson.

Go through his tape and you'll see a bunch of big hits as well, hits I've never seen from Peterson.

I think those who are saying Horn or Surtain are better based on tape are WRONG. Farley is quite a bit better if you just trust your eyes.
Yeah I see he hit and tackles like Murphy. I also see him attack the ball like a hawk as well.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s not a reconstructed knee anymore. That was four years ago. Two years ago it was back spasms. Now it’s microdiscectololgistily. This boat is sailing the wrong direction.

Not a medical term.

Microdiscectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed on patients with a herniated lumbar disc.

You either can pass the stress tests or not. He can.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just visualized Bidwill telling Keim, “This is a huge draft because we are going for it. We don’t need any gambles, any projects, we need impact players with no red flags.” And then Keim drafts Farley.

I'm trying to visualize how anyone in his right mind would in your scenario select a gamble, a project, a red flag.

I can't unless Keim is singularly dedicated to getting fired.

If it's Farley it will be with Mike's approval.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If he’s open with his medicals I don’t think it affects his stock directly. Unless it was significant to him missing a full season. I know some of it was personal but I don’t know the full story. I don’t think Chase’ year off was medical related and his stick hasn’t been affected. In fact with LSU’s crappy offense last year it might’ve benefitted him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not a medical term.

Microdiscectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed on patients with a herniated lumbar disc.

The back is never that simple.

just as an FYI - I don’t know your experience with backs, but I broke a wing off one of my vertebrae - docs decided not to do surgery. It’s affected me at odd times throughout my life. Granted I’m not a professional athlete.

cheese on the other hand has had multiple disc-related surgeries and attest to what each of them were like for him. And he had the first at a young age too.

the back is no joke.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The back is never that simple.

just as an FYI - I don’t know your experience with backs, but I broke a wing off one of my vertebrae - docs decided not to do surgery. It’s affected me at odd times throughout my life. Granted I’m not a professional athlete.

cheese on the other hand has had multiple disc-related surgeries and attest to what each of them were like for him. And he had the first at a young age too.

the back is no joke.

Agree.

In passing, however, it's a procedure fairly common in hockey, which was my College sport.

JJ Watt had surgery before the 2016 season for a herniated disk in his back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a medical term.

its the most minimal surgery you can have for back surgery, but the above seems to come from of lack of experience or knowledge of the subject.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree.

In passing, however, it's a procedure fairly common in hockey, which was my College sport.

JJ Watt had surgery before the 2016 season for a herniated disk in his back.

Right... and what happened that season? He came back and almost immediately went back on IR for the rest of the season because of his back issues. I remember him coming back at the time and I thought it was beyond idiotic.

The next season he had a very slow start, dealt with back spasms and then had another injury that destroyed his season and put him back on IR.

the next year he was great, but his production in that one hear is the anomaly since he started having back problems and the rest of his body started breaking down.

Also, Hockey and Football are totally different sports so injuries can effect players much differently.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right... and what happened that season? He came back and almost immediately went back on IR for the rest of the season because of his back issues. I remember him coming back at the time and I thought it was beyond idiotic.

The next season he had a very slow start, dealt with back spasms and then had another injury that destroyed his season and put him back on IR.

the next year he was great, but his production in that one hear is the anomaly since he started having back problems and the rest of his body started breaking down.

Also, Hockey and Football are totally different sports so injuries can effect players much differently.

Two crash sports!

There are boards, no out of bounds in hockey and ice is harder than grass.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two crash sports!

There are boards, no out of bounds in hockey and ice is harder than grass.

There’s a difference in stopping and cutting on a dime on grass versus cleats. Also there’s a different effect the pounding of running takes on the back versus skates.

two combat sports, but completely different combat sports, IMO.