My thoughts on the added free agents

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hudson- aces and one of the best signings the Cardinals have made since Palmer (Hopkins does not count since getting him was pure fantasy and the Texan 'GM' at the time was a total idiot)

JJ Watt- will be a utter failure due to injuries if one expects greatness and actually a distraction not on his own account but the perception of what he can offer

AJ Green- a surprising plus and will outperform Fitz but to be fair he's younger but still a quality WR, yeah he will have more worth than Kirk

Butler- no worse than late date Peterson and actually might be better

Conner- not great but solid... finally we have a banger with size who on short yardage will charge the line of scrimmage

McCoy- I never want to see him and his BB gun arm in a game that counts

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Hudson- aces and one of the best signings the Cardinals have made since Palmer (Hopkins does not count since getting him was pure fantasy and the Texan 'GM' at the time was a total idiot)

JJ Watt- will be a utter failure due to injuries if one expects greatness and actually a distraction not on his own account but the perception of what he can offer

AJ Green- a surprising plus and will outperform Fitz but to be fair he's younger but still a quality WR, yeah he will have more worth than Kirk

Butler- no worse than late date Peterson and actually might be better

Conner- not great but solid... finally we have a banger with size who on short yardage will charge the line of scrimmage

McCoy- I never want to see him and his BB gun arm in a game that counts

This pretty much sums up how I see it too.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JJ, at the very least should help in the locker room. Reported to be a very hard worker, and a team leader. Still have hope that he can also contribute on the field, though my expectations aren't very high. We'll see how the team feels by whether they draft a DL guy.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Watt signing has no downside. He is instantly our best D-Lineman by a mile, and even though hes wearing down....you put JJ shaded inside the OT, with Chandler Jones lines up outside, and there isnt an offense in the league that isn't impacted simply by the possibilities of what could happen.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not quite sure what you are trying to say but JJ played all 16 and over 1000 snaps last season and was the most double-teamed D-end in the League.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not quite sure what you are trying to say but JJ played all 16 and over 1000 snaps last season and was the most double-teamed D-end in the League.

people keep using Watt being the most double teamed DE in the league as some kind of badge of honor without noting the context of how that came about. He was the ONLY player on an awful Houston D that any offense needed to worry about. So of course he’s going to doubled a ton... you neutralize a defense’s ONLY threat and you can dominate.

and either the double teams or the wear and tear of injuries looked like they had an effect as he had posted statistically his worst healthy season as pro in over half a decade, significantly down from his hey-day where he would have been worth what he signed for.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
people keep using Watt being the most double teamed DE in the league as some kind of badge of honor without noting the context of how that came about. He was the ONLY player on an awful Houston D that any offense needed to worry about. So of course he’s going to doubled a ton... you neutralize a defense’s ONLY threat and you can dominate.

and either the double teams or the wear and tear of injuries looked like they had an effect as he had posted statistically his worst healthy season as pro in over half a decade, significantly down from his hey-day where he would have been worth what he signed for.

Check out the advance stats.

And he won't be the only threat in 2021 on our front 7.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I agree on all of these takes besides Butler, and I guess I feel the write-up on Conner is a little too positive, but for the price, whatever.

I feel slightly better about McCoy than some do, but unenthused. I didn't like Hundley either, and Streveler was obviously terrible, so we're probably right where we began.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watt was like the 6th or 7th best D lineman last year according to PFF.

That is one hell of an upgrade over Zach Allen.

AJ Green on the other hand was legitimately one of the WORST WR in the league last year. If you are going to be down on one of the signings - he's the one.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Impossible to know how the offseason signings pan out. I personally think Keim did a great job. But, only time will tell. I’m hoping that Simmons takes the next step, that Prater doesn’t gag like Gonzalez did, and that our draft adds a few more contributors. I do expect Murray to be better, our WR group to be better, our OL to be better, and our D To be better. But will it be better enough to compete in the brutal NFC West??? We’ll see soon enough.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

AJ Green on the other hand was legitimately one of the WORST WR in the league last year. If you are going to be down on one of the signings - he's the one.

Sure, if you ignore 39 uncatchable balls.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You forgot about our néw kicker...obvious upgrade over Zane who missed some crucial kicks last year that cost us some games

NFL Network replayed the Miami game last season. Kick in the cajones...again... Glad he's gonzo.

Although, Kliff's play calling and the defense really left a lot to be desired in that game also.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That is why you can't always rely on stats. I disagree with the Green perspective. He is an elite NFL player who had horrible QB play last year. I think JSG is spot on with his analysis.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFL Network replayed the Miami game last season. Kick in the cajones...again... Glad he's gonzo.

Although, Kliff's play calling and the defense really left a lot to be desired in that game also.
Yep. I rewatched that also. Inexcusable that we lost that game. Murray ran for over 100 yards & yet KK decides to try a 47 yard FG with a struggling kicker on 4th & 1 late in the game just to tie the game. Zane comes up short with 1:58 left & game over. On the drive before this, we turned the ball over on downs after a 10 play drive when KK decides to run Edmonds up the gut on 4th & 1. You have one of the most elusive QB's in football & he takes the ball out of his hands TWICE in the 4th quarter of a game we dominated. Even if Zane had connected to tie the game, the Dolphins had 2 minutes & 3 TO's to set up a winning kick. Does anyone really think our D would have stopped Miami?? We made Tua look like Montana in that game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I rewatched that also. Inexcusable that we lost that game. Murray ran for over 100 yards & yet KK decides to try a 47 yard FG with a struggling kicker on 4th & 1 late in the game just to tie the game. Zane comes up short with 1:58 left & game over. On the drive before this, we turned the ball over on downs after a 10 play drive when KK decides to run Edmonds up the gut on 4th & 1. You have one of the most elusive QB's in football & he takes the ball out of his hands TWICE in the 4th quarter of a game we dominated. Even if Zane had connected to tie the game, the Dolphins had 2 minutes & 3 TO's to set up a winning kick. Does anyone really think our D would have stopped Miami?? We made Tua look like Montana in that game.

that game was definitely on Kliff’s nuts shriveling to the size of a gnat at the end with his play calling. That offense was MOVING until they got into long field goal range and then he just laid up and went conservative. Not even to kick a FG at the very end to push to OT. He was still going to leave 2 minutes on the clock for Tua to rip the D a new butthole again and beat us in regulation.

major head scratcher.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The 4th quarter was a cluster all the way around. Really showed Kliff’s liabilities as a play caller let alone HC.

I was bored and watched it out of that. Should have just taken a nap or something instead. LOL