Any Interest In A Two Round Draft Contest?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For bragging rights. If so, this is what I'm proposing.

*We list the player we think the team will draft in Round One and Round Two.
*We add a second choice in brackets for both picks.
*Entry must be submitted by noon (Arizona time) on April 29th.
*We can change our Round Two pick by noon on April 30th. For example we enter a CB in Round One and a WR in Round Two. And the team selects a WR in Round One, making it VERY doubtful that they will go with two WR's.

The reason, I'm proposing a back up pick is that we really won't know who will be available until the team is 'on the clock'. And this will give us a slightly better chance to score.

Less than two weeks to go. Can't wait.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure

#1 Azeez Ojulari
#2 Kelvin Joseph

This is only because I suspect Surtain and Horn will be gone and they may well think Farley and Newsome are a reach.

Backup

#1 Farley - What's more Keim than a guy with this injury history?
#2 Joseph Ossai

I don't see anything other than OLB and CB in the first 2 rounds really. I know it's nice to speculate about WR's or Frieiermuth in round 2 but I just can't see anything else.

Golden is 30 and on a 2 year deal . CJ is nearly 32 and a FA next year. Watt is 32 and on a 2 year deal and the only real depth we have is Gardeck who may not be healthy. Plus, next years Edge class looks bad from what I can see.

CB is obvious.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure

#1 Azeez Ojulari
#2 Kelvin Joseph

This is only because I suspect Surtain and Horn will be gone and they may well think Farley and Newsome are a reach.

Backup

#1 Farley - What's more Keim than a guy with this injury history?
#2 Joseph Ossai

I don't see anything other than OLB and CB in the first 2 rounds really. I know it's nice to speculate about WR's or Frieiermuth in round 2 but I just can't see anything else.

Golden is 30 and on a 2 year deal . CJ is nearly 32 and a FA next year. Watt is 32 and on a 2 year deal and the only real depth we have is Gardeck who may not be healthy. Plus, next years Edge class looks bad from what I can see.

CB is obvious.

I think all these guesses might be thrown off by a trade back (if there is one available). If they like Farley for example they may think they can get him a little later.

I think they would like to get their 3rd back for a WR.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all these guesses might be thrown off by a trade back (if there is one available). If they like Farley for example they may think they can get him a little later.

I think they would like to get their 3rd back for a WR.

Yes, a receiver is a need but as a stop gap receiver they can sign Demiere Byrd who played pretty well for us, would be a solid 4th receiver and a deep threat, not an outside guy but can be a reliable weapon
BTW i do expect Kirk playing a great season, being in a contract year

WR - Hopkins Green Kirk Byrd late draft pick
TE- Brevin Jordan Maxx Williams
RB - Conner Edmond Hubbard

Last edited:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. WR Devonta Smith (Zaven Collins)

2. CB Caleb Farley (WR Rondale Moore)

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, a receiver is a need but as a stop gap receiver they can sign Demiere Byrd who played pretty well for us, would be a solid 4th receiver and a deep threat, not an outside guy but can be a reliable weapon
BTW i do expect Kirk playing a great season, being in a contract year

WR - Hopkins Green Kirk Byrd late draft pick
TE- Brevin Jordan Maxx Williams
RB - Conner Edmond Hubbard

I'm surprised nobody picked Byrd up. He's a good WR4 and cheap as chips.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just a suggestion. I think it makes sense to select as we get closer to the Draft. Because if we sign someone (FA) or trade for a player it might change the team's draft plans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a suggestion. I think it makes sense to select as we get closer to the Draft. Because if we sign someone (FA) or trade for a player it might change the team's draft plans.

We can always come back and hit edit.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
My main curiosity is if we would really pass on Micah Parsons if he were there. A great LB makes so many plays in so many ways.

1a. Trade Back followed by picking Harris, RB
1b. Parsons, LB

2a. Melifonwu, CB
2b. Joseph, CB

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With only five days to go, and before I forget, I'll enter my picks. Since SK always seems to be pretty lucky in getting his player (His problem is more about his evaluation of players, imo) I'm guessing the player will be available.

Round One-Smith, WR (Harris, RB)
Round Two-R. Moore, WR (Brown,WR)

Also, I"m going from defense to offense at #16.

Edit change on April 29th

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In order for Horn to be available at #16, I'm guessing the following happens with the first fifteen picks.
*Five QB's
*Four Pass Catchers
*Two OT's
*One CB
*One LB
*Two Surprise Picks (Collins, Farley, Toney, Freiermuth are possibilities)

Also, if we want to trade back, our best option will be for one of the five QB's to fall. JMO.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
never look back post fitz? take two top receivers in the best WR class in a long time

it would make this board lively, I like
CardNots, if the team goes WR in Round One, I'll be changing my Round Two pick by noon, tomorrow. Although, your point is tempting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose