ESPN Louis Reddick is huge fan of Caleb Farley

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t pay a ton of attention to draft gurus but one guy who knows his stuff is Louis Reddick and Louis is a huge fan of Caleb Farley. “Caleb is a spectacular player. While I like Surtain and Horn, Farley is the best cover corner and can finish with interceptions.” Chris Mortenson reported that NFL teams got really positive news on Farley’s back procedure and he will be full go for the 2021 season.

The clips I have seen of Farley confirm the scouting report. Uber athlete with tremendous length and range.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Chris Mortenson reported that NFL teams got really positive news on Farley’s back procedure and he will be full go for the 2021 season.

would love to know if that news was the same news dropped by his agent, or, NFL medical personnel generated news

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t pay a ton of attention to draft gurus but one guy who knows his stuff is Louis Reddick and Louis is a huge fan of Caleb Farley. “Caleb is a spectacular player. While I like Surtain and Horn, Farley is the best cover corner and can finish with interceptions.” Chris Mortenson reported that NFL teams got really positive news on Farley’s back procedure and he will be full go for the 2021 season.

The clips I have seen of Farley confirm the scouting report. Uber athlete with tremendous length and range.

He's not wrong. Farley has the look of a top corner from his film. He makes plays on the ball.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Farley does have Keim draft pick markers:

super athletic
super high ceiling
low floor
and if he is there -- a perception of getting a top 5 player for a reason he is comfortable with (fear of back injuries)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard him described as better than Jalen Ramsey was coming into the draft.

Personally if he is available at 16 I think the Cards should take him.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From all that I've read, if there wasn't an injury involved, Farley would be in a three way tie with Surtain and Horn for the best CB in this year's draft. And when we pick at #16, at least one of the three will be available. If Farley is that guy, do we take him?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Remember in Dumb & Dumber when dude 1 tells dude 2 to only buy the essentials and dude 2 buys a case of beer, a paddle game, and a big ass hat?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Farley is the most athletic of the 3 top CB's & breaks to the ball better than any CB in this draft. As a matter of fact, I've heard it said that he breaks better on the ball than any CB in many drafts. Then you have the injuries......... It's a tough call to make. Do the Cardinals have the cajones to make that pick?? Time will tell. Surtain definitely won't be there & I don't think Horn will be there either. If Horn is there, I think the Cardinals will perceive him to be the safer pick. Just not convinced he's the better pick though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a reconstructed knee.

A minor surgery and passed medical tests.

there’s no such thing as a “minor” back surgery, especially for someone that young. Passing medical tests are easy. Permanent structural damage to a back isn’t. And yes, when you have a microdiscectomy, that’s permanent damage. Discs don’t grow back so the back has been forever changed.

also, if you’ve had a microdiscectomy, the likelihood is that there was enough damage to the area that rehab didn’t control. Surgery is never the first attempt to fix problems in the back. I’m guessing there was a process of rehab and epidural blocks to try avoid surgery because making structural changes in the back at an early age in a person’s life at that area spells trouble down the road. Maybe his talent is worth it.

Last edited:

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just visualized Bidwill telling Keim, “This is a huge draft because we are going for it. We don’t need any gambles, any projects, we need impact players with no red flags.” And then Keim drafts Farley.

Different situation, but reminds me of when Keim just got done telling us his usual "The hardest thing to evaluate is a kids heart." "The thing we miss most on is judging a kids love for the game." "We have 2 character grades we put on them - off the field character and football character." And then he goes and drafts Kemdiche.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pass. Taking the third best corner coming off back surgery is a terrible idea.

He's easily the best corner based on tape.

I've watched them all and Farley is the one make plays on the ball. Plus I love his enthusiasm; you see him hooting and hollering after dishing out big hits.

VA Tech is a bit of a cornerback factory too, and Farley is easily the best looking one to come out. Size? Check. Speed? Check. Makes interceptions? Check. Bodies up in jump ball situations? Check. He does kind of remind me of a quicker, slightly smaller Richard Sherman.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If the rest of the league allows Farley to fall to 16, the Cards should grab him. He’s not perfect. He a little tackle averse, but he can cover on an island. Like all CBs there will be growing pains but he should grow into a force in the Cards’ secondary. I’m okay with Horn, but his skills would have to be integrated into a planned coverage system.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If the rest of the league allows Farley to fall to 16, the Cards should grab him. He’s not perfect. He a little tackle averse, but he can cover on an island. Like all CBs there will be growing pains but he should grow into a force in the Cards’ secondary. I’m okay with Horn, but his skills would have to be integrated into a planned coverage system.

He's not as tackle adverse as Peterson.

Go through his tape and you'll see a bunch of big hits as well, hits I've never seen from Peterson.

I think those who are saying Horn or Surtain are better based on tape are WRONG. Farley is quite a bit better if you just trust your eyes.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Different situation, but reminds me of when Keim just got done telling us his usual "The hardest thing to evaluate is a kids heart." "The thing we miss most on is judging a kids love for the game." "We have 2 character grades we put on them - off the field character and football character." And then he goes and drafts Kemdiche.
Ouch! Kemdiche. Swung for the fences with this douche & missed. In college, his great plays were Clowney like. Then he would disappear. In hindsight, a horrible pick. But, he was intriguing at the college level.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's easily the best corner based on tape.

I've watched them all and Farley is the one make plays on the ball. Plus I love his enthusiasm; you see him hooting and hollering after dishing out big hits.

VA Tech is a bit of a cornerback factory too, and Farley is easily the best looking one to come out. Size? Check. Speed? Check. Makes interceptions? Check. Bodies up in jump ball situations? Check. He does kind of remind me of a quicker, slightly smaller Richard Sherman.
Pretty sure he was initially a WR, so he does have great hands. Drives me insane to have a great cover corner who can't catch the ball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose