THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Quite possibly the ugliest, most frustrating win I've watched. The Jones effect is real. Two of the injuries are "what can you do?" sort of injuries, but the Wilson hamstring is unforgivable. Cabbage head has played him for the full 90 for 9 games in 27 days, I think it is, while Gayle hasn't started all season. Gee, ya think he might do a hamstring?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Oh, FFS. We bring Jones in and he teaches the team that sitting back to absorb pressure and being scared to press is a recipe for disaster; he shows us what being even the least bit positive can do for the team. So what does effing Bruce set the team up to do? Sit back like scared little whipped dogs and not DARE to be brave.

Most predictable loss ever. FIRE HIM!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
They're going down. They're going down because the idiot Ca$hley doesn't care and the wouldn't fire that effing muppet Brucey Boy. Way to ruin your "boyhood club" Cabbage Head.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
And Bruce's tactical cowardice costs Newcastle 2 points, and almost cost them all 3. What do you do when you get a 1-0 lead? Why, retreat and turtle and play like scared children, of course. Thanks, cabbage head.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. I don't know what's worse, that the cowardly coach set the team up in a cowardly, passive manner in a relegation 6-pointer that lead to an absolute drubbing, or that the owner, and I quote, "feels sorry for the manager" and that's one of the main reasons he won't be sacked. How in the MOTHER-LOVING EFF IS IT POSSIBLE that ANY POS MANAGER ISN'T SACKED UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES??? Ashley must actually WANT to be relegated for some reason.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well well well, what a difference coaching not scared makes. Excellent display against Spurs and unlucky to only get a point. Then...back to his old coward ways. Bruce is getting plaudits for beating Burnley, but it's two individual displays in 5 minutes after one sub a monkey could have decided to make. Otherwise...this game was painfully bad, because he set them up to play scared. Again.

Survival now (thankfully) looks likely again, but no thanks at all to cabbage head.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Cabbage head could screw up a wet dream. What other coach is so bad that a 2-0 lead with your opponents down to 10 men they would park the bus until the other team levels the score? So, so stupid and so, so cowardly. And then, wow, like magic, when Bruce stopped whispering his poison in their ears, the team puts pressure on West Ham, and Willock scores the winner. I mean, gee, Brucey Boy, what could you have done differently there? lol

At least the team is...maybe not safe yet, but safe adjacent.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Nice draw. I had quibbles with a lot of Bruce's decision making, but the team turned it on in the end when it needed to. Screwed out of one goal, so a totally earned draw.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Will Brucey Boy continue his cowardly tactics, leave Shelvey in the lineup and Willock on the bench? Will he set his team up to go for it or completely capitulate again like he did against the Gooners? I think he thinks they're already safe--and they absolutely are not yet safe--and he's already got them on the beach. We shall see.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well, Newcastle is safe for another season. Thank God there was just 1 more complete crap team that were just that teensy bit worse than Newcastle.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
It is unreal to me that so many teams lost on the final day for Newcastle to be able to finish 12th. Then again, that's what playing two relegated and completely downtrodden teams at the end of the season will do for a team--when you play absolute crap (like Newcastle yesterday) you can still win.

Brucey boy so, SO chuffed at the accomplishment, at managing to accumulate 45 points, equaling Rafa's total. Yeah, Rafa had a net NEGATIVE spend of 30 million (meaning the club made a 30 mill profit) against Cabbage Head's 100 million net spend over just 2 seasons, but yeah, keep on patting yourself on that back there, Brucey boy. Your media mates will continue to pump you up.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is unreal to me that so many teams lost on the final day for Newcastle to be able to finish 12th. Then again, that's what playing two relegated and completely downtrodden teams at the end of the season will do for a team--when you play absolute crap (like Newcastle yesterday) you can still win.

Brucey boy so, SO chuffed at the accomplishment, at managing to accumulate 45 points, equaling Rafa's total. Yeah, Rafa had a net NEGATIVE spend of 30 million (meaning the club made a 30 mill profit) against Cabbage Head's 100 million net spend over just 2 seasons, but yeah, keep on patting yourself on that back there, Brucey boy. Your media mates will continue to pump you up.
hey Newcastle is not far off from passing Arsenal and Tottenham...lol. maybe they can qualify for Europa Conference League soon.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
hey Newcastle is not far off from passing Arsenal and Tottenham...lol. maybe they can qualify for Europa Conference League soon.

They certainly have a decent roster that is being WOEFULLY mismanaged, but they won't push on under current ownership, and certainly not with current management/coaching! Our transfer budget is touted at a whopping 12 million pounds! Plus cash generated by sales, but Mike Ca$hley has been known to promise those funds to be re-invested but then pocketing all the profits. Just ask Rafa Benitez! I mean, hell, even Pardew got screwed! Some savvy moves got the team into the Europa League, and they finished a game outside the semis. What did Ca$hly do next? Deny Pardew any real funding and only bought ONE senior player--Vernon Anita. We know what followed soon after. Not that Pardew was in any way a good manager, but still.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
They certainly have a decent roster that is being WOEFULLY mismanaged, but they won't push on under current ownership, and certainly not with current management/coaching! Our transfer budget is touted at a whopping 12 million pounds! Plus cash generated by sales, but Mike Ca$hley has been known to promise those funds to be re-invested but then pocketing all the profits. Just ask Rafa Benitez! I mean, hell, even Pardew got screwed! Some savvy moves got the team into the Europa League, and they finished a game outside the semis. What did Ca$hly do next? Deny Pardew any real funding and only bought ONE senior player--Vernon Anita. We know what followed soon after. Not that Pardew was in any way a good manager, but still.
it really is sad to see how their supporters just feed all of that money to their greedy ownership and they still spend like a small team. One Royal Air Force lad that I met in England once told me that he cannot for the life of him understand why Newcastle fans continue to hold season tix only to watch shyte week after week.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
it really is sad to see how their supporters just feed all of that money to their greedy ownership and they still spend like a small team. One Royal Air Force lad that I met in England once told me that he cannot for the life of him understand why Newcastle fans continue to hold season tix only to watch shyte week after week.

Well, actually, they don't anymore, not really. The pandemic spared Ca$hley a lot of blushes. The year before a lot of hard-core fans staged protests and walkouts. Facing a shortfall of season tickets and half-empty stands, Ca$hley literally gave away 10,000 season tickets. Shrewd business, to get butts in the seat buying pints and pies and tea and making him look better. Honestly, look for things to turn UGLY this coming season with Bruce still at the helm and live fans.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well, actually, they don't anymore, not really. The pandemic spared Ca$hley a lot of blushes. The year before a lot of hard-core fans staged protests and walkouts. Facing a shortfall of season tickets and half-empty stands, Ca$hley literally gave away 10,000 season tickets. Shrewd business, to get butts in the seat buying pints and pies and tea and making him look better. Honestly, look for things to turn UGLY this coming season with Bruce still at the helm and live fans.
Yeah that’s true. Of corse I should have pointed out that was years ago now. I went to a match at st James when they played Rotherham in 2017. This is back when Newcastle were in the championship. It was a full house, great atmosphere. Newcastle have great supporters.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah that’s true. Of corse I should have pointed out that was years ago now. I went to a match at st James when they played Rotherham in 2017. This is back when Newcastle were in the championship. It was a full house, great atmosphere. Newcastle have great supporters.

I definitely have to make it over for a game. I'll feel bad to not know any of the chants, but still. I mean, there's still a hard-core fan base that makes it to games and makes for a great atmosphere. I understand that. They echo King Kev's words about what makes up a football club, and that Ca$hley won't be there forever. It's the FANS club, and they shouldn't have to give it up. I just wish the criminal Premier League and the criminal Marsters hadn't buckled to the Big 6 and refused to give an answer on the takeover. They're TERRIFIED of Newcastle getting an even chance to compete and become the next Man City. I don't have much faith in the arbitration, either.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I definitely have to make it over for a game. I'll feel bad to not know any of the chants, but still. I mean, there's still a hard-core fan base that makes it to games and makes for a great atmosphere. I understand that. They echo King Kev's words about what makes up a football club, and that Ca$hley won't be there forever. It's the FANS club, and they shouldn't have to give it up. I just wish the criminal Premier League and the criminal Marsters hadn't buckled to the Big 6 and refused to give an answer on the takeover. They're TERRIFIED of Newcastle getting an even chance to compete and become the next Man City. I don't have much faith in the arbitration, either.
I think the top 6 clubs know how difficult the premier league is and it wears on them, but there is no reason for them to break away because they are still at an advantage. In spite of all the complaining, Liverpool and Chelsea both finished top 4 because they have an embarrassing
amount of riches. They complain about all the games, but yet is that not what they are playing for? to play in those games? There has to be some type of relegation threat or you will have Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State/Oklahoma/Notre Dame every year. They just stockpile all of the best players. and to some degree you have that anyway with those top 6 teams stockpiling players.

There is no reason why Newcastle cannot be more competitive. the city is a bit isolated, but so is Leicester to some degree. I'm sure the players cannot go anywhere though without being recognized. I think that is probably an issue in most towns in England, except for maybe London where there are so many people.

you have to go. it is worth it. st James is a jewel. for me it is a better stadium than Wembley, but I enjoy smaller venues that are more interactive for fans. and of corse football is meant to be interactive. Of corse I would like to go to a match in Dortmund as well. they have a large stadium, but I hear it is the best large stadium venue in the world for a football match.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well, I have no doubt Newcastle are entering a relegation season. Cabbage Head is spouting the same garbage, we have ONE, count it, ONE top-flight level striker (with injury history), and ONE 2nd-tier level backup, and he thinks we have adequate cover up top! The Mags supposedly have a whopping 10 mill for a transfer "war chest" which I don't even believe, because they are yet to make a single freaking signing. And we all know what kind of squad depth they (don't) have, stretching back to last season. Finally, I believe they'll lose St. Maximin before the season because he doesn't want to constantly play on a team fighting relegation, and he's been unsettled he's been out weeks with an unspecified non-Covid "illness." Uh huh, suuuure...an illness that leaves him well enough to run around and play tennis.

I mean, when the takeover was delayed--criminally, yet again--I thought Ca$hley would wise up and spend the minimal amount to hopefully avoid relegation. Instead, no, not a single player brought in, less than two weeks before the opening of the season. What's more, there aren't even any strong rumors of player movement. Hasn't been a hint of a whisper about a rumored medical or anything. The best, most pathetic false rumor was that Willock was booked for flights to Newcastle--the day season tickets went on sale. Disgusting leaks from a disgusting owner and organization, which went away shortly thereafter.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
They FINALLY got one across the line. The big one, the Willock deal. Of COURSE they dragged it out all week so he can't play in the first game, the bumbling jackasses. And of course we're woefully thin throughout the squad and won't reinforce enough. But, with this signing, at least there's the hope Newcastle won't go down. Always look on the bright side of life, right? :D

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Well, the offensive firepower in the lineup has thankfully counteracted Bruce's stupidity in defensive selection. Leaving the captain on the bench and ALSO leaving the only ball-playing central defender on the bench in favor of a has-been in Clark and Krafth? No wonder Newcastle looked clueless in defense. If it wasn't for a heroic save from the solid debutante Woodman, and lack of West Ham finishing, this game would have gotten ugly, fast.

Yet there is Almiron, and St. Maximin, and Wilson. Hell, even Hayden is looking positive offensively. Ritchie with a great cross to the head of a marauding Murphy. Bruce is allowing them to attack, so fair play there. Problem is, if (when) one or more of them get injured, there is ZERO squad depth. Willock will be in next week, so that helps, but the squad are woefully shallow.

Ah well. I'll damn well take a 2-1 lead at halftime. Especially with Woodman looking purely belter out there :)

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Can we sack this f*#$ng joke of a manager before the first game is over? I mean, down 4-2 AFTER the debutante keeper saves a 1 on 1 AND a freaking penalty. At least 2 goals caused by plodding defenders THAT SHOULDN'T BE IN THE LINEUP failing to play effectively out of the back and just giving the ball away, and at least two goals where Ciaran Clark (an absolute donkey) is woefully out of position. Gee, if only we had started TWO of our three BEST central defenders, this might have been averted! But, golly, who could expect old Cabbage Head to be clever enough to, you know, play our TEAM CAPTAIN and our ONLY BALL PLAYING CENTRAL DEFENDER!!! Why, oh why, would he ever think to play a star of the Euros in his starting lineup? What a f$*#ng disgrace.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose