Trade Up, Or Back, Or Stand Pat?

What should the Cardinals do on draft day?

• Trade up

• Trade back

• Stand pat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Fairley no, we need someone who hasn't medical red flags, being medical cleared now doesn't change much his status
I like also Asante Samuel, maybe he will be the better pro despite being just 5'10

That's why Farley might be available though.

If you look at tape, I think he's the best of the bunch.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The problem is, if there is a guy worthy up trading up for, I'm sure the Cards could probably use him as well. If there a slew of similar guys available, then trade back.

This is how I view it. If one of the top three or four corners are gone, trade back and add more picks.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The tape doesn't mean much if a player is an injury prone
We are not in a position to gamble for first round prospect with some durability concerns

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Frank Gore was injury prone too.

Farley is a top ten player in this draft.
Thing is, Keim and Kliff need to win now to keep their jobs. Drafting a guy who hasn't played in a year, has only played two years at the position, and could potentially miss part of training camp due to injury are all lots of major signs pointing to him having a rocky rookie year. I can't see how they take him unless they trade back.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah I’m okay nabbing Farley if we trade down and add a 2nd. In fact I’d probably be ecstatic if we could pull Farley and another 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thing is, Keim and Kliff need to win now to keep their jobs. Drafting a guy who hasn't played in a year, has only played two years at the position, and could potentially miss part of training camp due to injury are all lots of major signs pointing to him having a rocky rookie year. I can't see how they take him unless they trade back.
If they are drafting for this year cb is a terrible selection. Rarely do even the best corners play well as rookies.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If they are drafting for this year cb is a terrible selection. Rarely do even the best corners play well as rookies.
Well, agreed, it's why I think we're going to be awful at the position and have a bet out on it, but I would trust a Surtain to be at least a little bit ahead of the curve. I could see Farley being so far behind the curve he cedes the majority of his 2021 playing time to Alford, sorta like how we didn't do much with Simmons all year.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, agreed, it's why I think we're going to be awful at the position and have a bet out on it, but I would trust a Surtain to be at least a little bit ahead of the curve. I could see Farley being so far behind the curve he cedes the majority of his 2021 playing time to Alford, sorta like how we didn't do much with Simmons all year.
Learning how to run routes in the NFL seems easier to learn how to defend the routes. Was there any CB in the last 5 draft that started strong in year one? I think if you want a CB this year, than you have to trade back since he won't start. We saw the problems of the ILB and CB and FS/SS rookie class last year. They didn't have a normal camp and no real preseason and it showed. This years draft after the top 5-7 looks even a worse crap shot as usual so I'm all in to shoot more often and hope to find something.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
According to this article on Arizonasports.com, that outpatient surgery earlier this year was to clean up discS (plural) in his back?

https://arizonasports.com/story/2611536/nfl-draft-cb-caleb-farley-did-well-with-check-after-surgery/

That young, after a year with no football and he has multiple discs that are already at issue? That’s not good.
Yeah, when I heard the report on NFL Live earlier this week, that was a huge red flag. Like, dude, you sat around all year and didn't get the surgery first chance you could?

I get we're in unprecedented times with Covid though, and that's something that could always be addressed in meetings. I know I had a friend who needed a foot surgery but it kept getting put off because it wasn't life threatening.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when I heard the report on NFL Live earlier this week, that was a huge red flag. Like, dude, you sat around all year and didn't get the surgery first chance you could?

I get we're in unprecedented times with Covid though, and that's something that could always be addressed in meetings. I know I had a friend who needed a foot surgery but it kept getting put off because it wasn't life threatening.

the timing doesn’t bother me. Actually now that you bring up Covid, it makes sense if he waited and was scared to go into a hospital. Especially because for long stretches of time, hospital weren’t even doing elective surgeries.

it’s the multiple discs that scares me that needed to be “cleaned up”. Being that young and already having more than one level thats messed up ain’t good for a young kid, especially playing such a high contact sport.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My two weeks plus draft timeline have us standing pat and selecting either Horn or Waddle. Of course next week it will probably change.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Quite a few so called draft experts have us taking an offensive lineman in round one. When you think about it, a surprise it would not be. Certainly not a RB now that Conner is in the fold. Probably not a WR since Green is signed and chances are not a CB either since they signed Butler. I honestly think Keim is of the opinion that he covered those bases with the signings he made.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Quite a few so called draft experts have us taking an offensive lineman in round one. When you think about it, a surprise it would not be. Certainly not a RB now that Conner is in the fold. Probably not a WR since Green is signed and chances are not a CB either since they signed Butler. I honestly think Keim is of the opinion that he covered those bases with the signings he made.

Made this post on April 15th.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose