Home Opening Series: Reds at Diamondbacks (April 9-11, 2021)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home Opening Series: Reds at Diamondbacks (April 9-11, 2021)

Got our masks, clear bags, mobile tickets, and purple to wear (not fans of the Sedona Red).

Looking forward to another home opener.

Go Dbacks !!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex and I are going as well - masks, no bags, mobile tickets and whatever Dback shirt is clean :)

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reds are playing well and they can generate some serious offense.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
If you're hitting .080 you'd better be catching everything out there.

Escobar, well, he's killing us all over the place lately.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our 3 and 4 hitters are batting .133 and .179 lol. This team can't hit, nor can they pitch. Its going to be a looooooong year. At least TL will get fired, tired of him running out uninspired baseball players to the field every game.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Our 3 and 4 hitters are batting .133 and .179 lol. This team can't hit, nor can they pitch. Its going to be a looooooong year. At least TL will get fired, tired of him running out uninspired baseball players to the field every game.

Six of the position players tonight are hitting under .200

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember when the front office last year tried to play off the abysmal season by citing covid and shortened season lol. I knew this team was bad because they simply lack good baseball players. We only have a handful of pieces any other MLB team would want, the rest is absolute trash. There is no one in this lineup outside of Marte that scares anyone.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Marte, Peralta and Calhoun are the only every day players they have that I think could start for half the teams in the majors.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not a bad come back. Still not a fan of the initial baserunner on second in extras..

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only did the D backs put a bad product on the field but it was even worse for the fans

absolutely no social distancing. The lines for concessions were horrendous and not moving. Instead of having everything open to spread out the crowd they went cheap and only had a few open which concentrated everyone together.
They also staffed for a normal game in which most people are on the first two levels. Because of the social distancing there are far more people in the upper concourse and that’s where the major traffic jams were because they did not plan for that’

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only did the D backs put a bad product on the field but it was even worse for the fans

absolutely no social distancing. The lines for concessions were horrendous and not moving. Instead of having everything open to spread out the crowd they went cheap and only had a few open which concentrated everyone together.
They also staffed for a normal game in which most people are on the first two levels. Because of the social distancing there are far more people in the upper concourse and that’s where the major traffic jams were because they did not plan for that’

Not what I wanted to hear. My son and I are hitting the ASU baseball game next Friday. I am curious what that experience will be like

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This team is unwatchable... I feel for Tory...being a captain on a ship you KNOW is sinking can be much fun.
And I honestly can’t see how this death-spiral is gonna change anytime soon. Aside from Galen and Marte, this team is literally void of any other player who would be starting on any other team. Incredible...

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
R. Smith actually pitched pretty good today. I hope he can keep it up. Escobar just now, as I am typing this, just hit a HR over center field fence, 8-2 D Backs.