Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't get how some bad qbs still playing in the nfl
For 3rd guys I think it's more about knowing the system, operating the scout team effectively, and helping guys get ready for the week than it is about actual in game performance.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To date:

Trades, FA signings, Contracts adjusted, etc. for 2021 reduced cap season

Rodney Hudson (C) (from LV for 3rd. rd pick)

Mason Cole (to Minny for 6th rd pick)

JJ Watt (DE)

AJ Green (WO)

Malcolm Butler (CB)

Robert Alford (CB)

Markus Golden (OLB)

Kelvin Beachum (T)

Brian Winters (G)

Max Garcia (G/C)

Dennis Gardeck (LB)

Ezekiel Turner (LB)

Tanner Vallejo (LB)

Kylie Fitts (LB)

David Parry (DT)

Charles Washington (S)

Shawn Williams (S)

Chris Banjo (S)

Matt Prater (K)

Andy Lee (P)

Colt McCoy (QB)

Darrel Daniels (TE)

Justin Pugh (contract adjusted)

Jordan Hicks (contract adjusted)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To date:

JJ Watt (DE)

AJ Green (WO)

Malcolm Butler (CB)

Robert Alford (CB)

Markus Golden (OLB)

Kelvin Beachum (T)

Brian Winters (G)

Max Garcia (G/C)

Dennis Gardeck (LB)

Ezekiel Turner (LB)

Tanner Vallejo (LB)

Kylie Fitts (LB)

David Parry (DT)

Charles Washington (S)

Shawn Williams (S)

Chris Banjo (S)

Matt Prater (K)

Andy Lee (P)

Colt McCoy (QB)

Darrel Daniels (TE)

good job

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To date:

JJ Watt (DE)

AJ Green (WO)

Malcolm Butler (CB)

Robert Alford (CB)

Markus Golden (OLB)

Kelvin Beachum (T)

Brian Winters (G)

Max Garcia (G/C)

Dennis Gardeck (LB)

Ezekiel Turner (LB)

Tanner Vallejo (LB)

Kylie Fitts (LB)

David Parry (DT)

Charles Washington (S)

Shawn Williams (S)

Chris Banjo (S)

Matt Prater (K)

Andy Lee (P)

Colt McCoy (QB)

Darrel Daniels (TE)

Appreciate the summary! This would be a good separate thread to regularly edit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh. This is gonna happen, isn't it? Gross.

Why? He's shown he can perform at an NFL level. He can receive. He has a 1500 scrimmage yard season. He's not even 26 yet.

He's almost certainly going to cost vet min.

What's not to like?

He's not a superstar RB, but he's not going to be paid like one. I think he's perfect for what we need, as a back to split carries and take 10-12 hand offs a game.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't think of a player I would want less than Clowney. And I'd sign Aldon Smith and Kareem Hunt. People make mistakes, I'm ok with giving guys 2nd chances.

Clowney seems all about the money and nothing else. I'm not interested in mercs.
Agree 100%. Clowney is nothing but a solider of fortune out for paycheck at this pt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Conner
6-1, 233. Good PFF running grade (below average receiver). still in the prime. likely will be cheap deal. nice compliment to Chase.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why? He's shown he can perform at an NFL level. He can receive. He has a 1500 scrimmage yard season. He's not even 26 yet.

He's almost certainly going to cost vet min.

What's not to like?

He's not a superstar RB, but he's not going to be paid like one. I think he's perfect for what we need, as a back to split carries and take 10-12 hand offs a game.

What's not to like? He's hard-core injury prone, fumbles in bad spots, and is decidedly un-clutch. Besides all that? yeah, he'd be a good signing.

He's been no good here in Pittsburgh, and I've heard all the positives and negatives about him. There's a reason the Stillers didn't want him back.

Conner
6-1, 233. Good PFF running grade (below average receiver). still in the prime. likely will be cheap deal. nice compliment to Chase.

We don't need a "compliment" to Chase; we need a starter Chase can back up. Connor isn't that guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's not to like? He's hard-core injury prone, fumbles in bad spots, and is decidedly un-clutch. Besides all that? yeah, he'd be a good signing.

He's been no good here in Pittsburgh, and I've heard all the positives and negatives about him. There's a reason the Stillers didn't want him back.

We don't need a "compliment" to Chase; we need a starter Chase can back up. Connor isn't that guy.

I think people need to get some perspective. We aren't paying him $12m a year.

He's an experienced vet that has averaged over 1000 yards a year from scrimmage who is 25 years old and will almost certainly cost vet min or thereabouts.

On paper he's more experienced and has better stats than Drake when we traded for him.

That's great value.

And he's going to play a split role so injuries should be less of a concern. And his salary doesn't preclude us signing anyone else. What's the down side? It's win win.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

He's an experienced vet that has averaged over 1000 yards a year from scrimmage who is 25 years old and will almost certainly cost vet min or thereabouts.

On paper he's more experienced and has better stats than Drake when we traded for him.

That's great value.

And he's going to play a split role so injuries should be less of a concern. And his salary doesn't preclude us signing anyone else. What's the down side? It's win win.

The down side is counting on him producing and then he doesn't produce. Like he's known to do with the Stillers.

Look, if we were signing him as an outright backup, then great. He'd be a decent value signing. The problem is, we don't have a guy we can count on as a starter, and adding him doesn't change that. It just makes it less likely we actually address the huge RB problem we have. He's not a starter, and I don't want us counting on an oft-injured makes-big-mistakes guy to platoon with a guy who isn't a starter either.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

That's great value.

@Stout pretty much summarized my feelings, but it's not about the value. Just like I feel about Malcolm Butler and to a lesser extent AJ Green, the contracts aren't painful, but counting on them is.

Conner played in a wide open offense with 3 legitimate WRs for defenses to cover and still looked slow. It was rough. And it feels painfully obvious, again like Stout said, that if we sign him, we're out on a top RB in the first two rounds, which I feel is a mistake.

Chase is better than Conner and I think he's close to the definition of a pedestrian back.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
14s

Free agent pass-rusher Jadeveon Clowney is set to fly to Cleveland on Tuesday night and visit with the #Browns on Wednesday, source said. His 2nd visit to the team. Nothing immiment right now, but the two sides have maintained contact and share mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose