Suns @ Clippers Thursday game thread 4-8-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty thinks getting the best from every team will help.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker points out about the Clippers switching everything and be quicker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah Playoff Rondo is very real. Pressure bust pipes but it also makes diamonds some guys are just built different

Pandemic P is the exact opposite.

lol... I hope so. His ass shrunk to the size of a peanut when the chips were down last post-season and the one before that.

I hate the Lakers with a passion, but if it came down to Lakers or Clips, I'd want to see the Lakers win. I can at least respect how ridiculously great LeBron is and AD isn't a bad guy. Really none of the Lakers are major douche-canoes. But the Clips are just chock full of them, outside Kawhi.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Booker points out about the Clippers switching everything and be quicker.

Yup. Suns won’t see many teams with that length and athleticism. Mainly clips and Lakers. But they likely will meet one of them in the playoffs. So they have to be as crisp as possible. They don’t leave many cracks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Suns won’t see many teams with that length and athleticism. Mainly clips and Lakers. But they likely will meet one of them in the playoffs. So they have to be as crisp as possible. They don’t leave many cracks.

Hopefully a rested and better shooting Suns team can meet the challenge.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some interesting 3-point stats on Jae Crowder from Duane Rankin although not unexpected.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not too down about this loss. The Clippers could not miss from 3 and the Suns couldn't hit. After an OT win against the Jazz. It happens.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough loss but I love the fight this team has. You can't win them all. Hanging in there as long as they did after an overtime game in Utah last night shows some heart. Heart doesn't win games. I think if they had a day off before this game though it would have had a different outcome.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
18 more points from the 3pt land and still only lost by 10 on the road during a brutal back to back.

Get ready boys...... the home stretch is going to be insane.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I use to like Rondo. Maybe it was when the Suns drafted him in the first round decades ago. I hate him now.
Anyone want to say Ayton is a waist on the offensive side now?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I use to like Rondo. Maybe it was when the Suns drafted him in the first round decades ago. I hate him now.
Anyone want to say Ayton is a waist on the offensive side now?
Personally I always thought he was a shoulder.

I love when Ayton shows up for a span of three games offensively and all of a sudden people start crowing about it. We’ve seen this before. I’m hoping he can keep it up for more than 2 3/4 games (his offense was MIA in the fourth last night).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Personally I always thought he was a shoulder.

I love when Ayton shows up for a span of three games offensively and all of a sudden people start crowing about it. We’ve seen this before. I’m hoping he can keep it up for more than 2 3/4 games (his offense was MIA in the fourth last night).
Exactly. He has a lot to prove on that end of the floor. And that means being consistent. I’m not sold yet but I’m hopeful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly. He has a lot to prove on that end of the floor. And that means being consistent. I’m not sold yet but I’m hopeful.
The glimpses into what he’s capable of tend to be pretty breathtaking - even as Eddie and Shaq criticize him for not dunking. I know we say it again and again, but it’s what frustrates all of us. It’s there. It is definitely there. He just doesn’t bring it every night. Yet (at least I hope it’s “yet”).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder has been really frustrating the last couple games. The Clips were on a tear from 3 point land and the Suns looked gassed. Having said that the one thing I thought was impressive? The Clips were not giving any of the Suns space. There were right in the face of Booker and CP3 all night. They were daring someone else to shoot the ball. I have not seen many teams play the Suns like that.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well can't win em all.... just hoping suns right suns show up vs wizards

I was expecting a l just cause 7 in a row and a hard ot w vs jazz which now thank god suns won that lol

Beat the wizards suns don't play down to there level!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They doubled him ...........have to hit the three
Or, you know, as the biggest guy on the court (clips played a pg and four wings the fourth) maybe this guy who was formerly a big rebounder could go get the ball off the glass and score off that? Maybe?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Crowder has been really frustrating the last couple games. The Clips were on a tear from 3 point land and the Suns looked gassed. Having said that the one thing I thought was impressive? The Clips were not giving any of the Suns space. There were right in the face of Booker and CP3 all night. They were daring someone else to shoot the ball. I have not seen many teams play the Suns like that.
I don’t think many teams are capable of that kind of in your face defense on both Paul and Booker at the same time. Clips have a lot of defensive wings and guards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, you know, as the biggest guy on the court (clips played a pg and four wings the fourth) maybe this guy who was formerly a big rebounder could go get the ball off the glass and score off that? Maybe?

yeah... not crazy to see his rebounding take a decent drop post All-Star break, down from 11.5 to 9.5 per game over the last 16 games. If he’s not going to be a beast offensively, his ass better be rebounding like a monster. He did that for one month in January, where he was at 13 per game. But he’s tailed off since.