Who’s your favorite non 1st rounder?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve jumped on the Najee Harris bandwagon at 16. I can’t tell you how many times last year I remember thinking to my myself - if we only had a competent running game it would open things up so much more. I know a lot of that falls on the oline’s shoulders, but having a back like Harris will help compensate. Besides a legit speed receiver, an RB like him is the missing piece on offense. One of the little nuggets I’ve come across while coming to this conclusion:
“Per Bob McGinn of The Athletic, an anonymous NFL scout called Harris the best player in the draft and brought up Derrick Henry's name.

"Reminds me of Derrick Henry," the scout told McGinn. "I have a feeling he'll run in the 4.5 [in the 40] because he runs away from people in that league [the SEC], and that league I know has speed. Only negative I had was he absorbs punishment because he likes to run through tacklers instead of going around them."

I was on the bandwagon already (unless Horn is there, then we go Javonte in Rd 2), but this solidified it.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/najee-harris-wants-espns-todd-mcshay-to-kiss-my-a/

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And if a team wants and needs a particular CB or RB, they will jump ahead of us.

...That's why teams move up, to jump in front of other teams about to select the player they covet. Why else do you think they move up? They want to pay more?

Our perceived needs have been evident for months, and the signing of both Butler and Alford means we're not entirely dependent on the draft, nor is it clear who we actually covet. The RB need can be answered, perhaps not to your satisfaction, beyond the first round and if there's someone we particularly fancy, we too can make a move. Perhaps, sinful to say, the FO is satisfied with Edmunds and the others. We don't have long to wait to find out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our perceived needs have been evident for months, and the signing of both Butler and Alford means we're not entirely dependent on the draft, nor is it clear who we actually covet.

signing a guy who you’ve forced to take a major pay cut, is on the wrong side of 30, hasn’t played in TWO YEARS and was AWFUL the last time he did play THREE YEARS AGO should have zero bearing on what needs are dependent at the draft for CB.

counting on Alford to be anything but camp fodder is a recipe for disaster.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
signing a guy who you’ve forced to take a major pay cut, is on the wrong side of 30, hasn’t played in TWO YEARS and was AWFUL the last time he did play THREE YEARS AGO should have zero bearing on what needs are dependent at the draft for CB.

Have said on a few occasions that my hope is for Jaycee Horn at #16 and Javonte Williams in the second.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right and solars point is that all the other teams wanting a cb and a rb know that about the cards too have more draft ammunition to jump ahead of keim to grab them.

I have no issue with how we used our draft ammunition, particularly a third for a Pro Bowl Centre.

Keim is free to trade 2022 draft assets to make a deal if need be. Teams do it regularly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have no issue with how we used our draft ammunition, particularly a third for a Pro Bowl Centre.

Keim is free to trade 2022 draft assets to make a deal if need be. Teams do it regularly.
Right that’s called mortgaging your future to pay for the sins of the past.

I’m curious, are you a keim fan?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right that’s called mortgaging your future to pay for the sins of the past.

I’m curious, are you a keim fan?

No first-round picks:

LA Rams in 2021, 20, 19, 18, 17; Seattle SH in 2021, 17, 15, 14, 13; New England in 2020, 17, 16, 13; Kansas City in 2019, 18, 16; Indianapolis in 2020, 19 and there are other examples of this type of mortgaging for success.

I'm agnostic when it comes to Keim.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Alford has grossed over $40m in his career so far.

That he's coming back for a $1m says that he believes in himself and has something to prove. I like that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Our perceived needs have been evident for months, and the signing of both Butler and Alford means we're not entirely dependent on the draft, nor is it clear who we actually covet. The RB need can be answered, perhaps not to your satisfaction, beyond the first round and if there's someone we particularly fancy, we too can make a move. Perhaps, sinful to say, the FO is satisfied with Edmunds and the others. We don't have long to wait to find out.
Well, the need won't be addressed if it's not in the 2nd round, it'll be some player we can't reasonably expect to contribute meaningfully, but whatever.

If Bidwill is going to allow Keim to mortgage the futures of drafts he might not even be around for, Bidwill should go too.

Have said on a few occasions that my hope is for Jaycee Horn at #16 and Javonte Williams in the second.
And I'd be fine with/love this, but I think it's unrealistic to hope Williams will be there and we need to be as proactive as we can to best make it work.

Edit: Need a new iPad. Thing's touchscreen highlights and deletes words constantly.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alford has grossed over $40m in his career so far.

That he's coming back for a $1m says that he believes in himself and has something to prove. I like that.

that he's coming back for 1 million says there was zero market for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and was atrocious when he did play 3 years ago.

he's coming back with something to prove? great. he shouldn't be counted on for anything until he ACTUALLY proves he can even stay on the field at this point, much less be adequate on it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
that he's coming back for 1 million says there was zero market for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years and was atrocious when he did play 3 years ago.

he's coming back with something to prove? great. he shouldn't be counted on for anything until he ACTUALLY proves he can even stay on the field at this point, much less be adequate on it.

Three years ago he toughed through a calf strain. And I don't count on anyone until real bullets fly.

Don't know why you're dogging me on this.

Reaction score
Exactly why no teams jumped the exact picks ahead of us for Watson and mahomes . . . oh wait. A smart GM knows other teams needs and uses them to his advantage.

maybe Quebec is Keim!

How do you know that Keim didn't try to trade up but was turned down? Was Keim quoted as saying that he didn't think anyone else would draft Mahomes or Watson so they just sat on their hands & waited for one to drop to them?

Reaction score
What guy would you like the Cards to land after round 1.

mine is Pat Freiermuth, the TE from Penn St. Pitts is getting all the attention, and rightfully so, but Freiermuth is a great player.

He could be the Cards Kittle or Kelce. He’s that good a prospect. He’s big , athletic, great hands, can run after the catch, and can block. Plus, he’d fill a big hole on the Cards roster. It would be a steal to get him at 49.
Like I said in the mock I posted, when he was playing in 2019, he was as good a player I saw that year.
I agree baby gronk is great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose