Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will be increasing fan capacity April 7th versus Utah from 3,000 to "5,500-plus"

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty earns Western Conference Coach of the Month for March.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty is the first Suns coach to win it since Jeff Hornacek in December of 2013.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton on The Jump with Rachel Nichols.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton on The Jump with Rachel Nichols.

I didn't facepalm once, although I skipped over a few parts. Hopefully a sign of maturation. I found it a little hilarious, and at the same time sad, when they showed the ppg list of centers that Paul had played with while interviewing him. Their ppg had all gone up after playing with Paul. Ayton's name was rather conspicuously missing. I wondered what he was thinking at that moment.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't facepalm once, although I skipped over a few parts. Hopefully a sign of maturation. I found it a little hilarious, and at the same time sad, when they showed the ppg list of centers that Paul had played with while interviewing him. Their ppg had all gone up after playing with Paul. Ayton's name was rather conspicuously missing. I wondered what he was thinking at that moment.

I do think Deandre Ayton is maturing. IMO, he has had to take a step back so the team can take a step forward. He has been asked to step up his defense and I think his offense has lagged behind. He is being asked to digest a lot of information since the arrival of Chris Paul. The Suns will only go as far as his shoulders carry them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lol... I noticed the exact same thing.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
4. Monty Williams, Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have been the surprise of the NBA season so far. After their promising play in the bubble in Orlando last season and the addition of Chris Paul over the offseason, the Suns were expected to be good, but not too many people expected them to be this good. The Suns sit second in the ultra-competitive Western Conference, and they're playing some great basketball on both ends of the floor.

Phoenix has the NBA's eighth-best offense, fifth-best defense and the second-best net rating in the entire league, behind only the Utah Jazz. The Suns are one of only three teams -- along with the Jazz and Bucks -- that have both a top-10 offense and defense. Williams' players have clearly bought into his style and system, and they look like a legitimate threat in the West as a result. After over a decade without a postseason appearance, the Suns are relevant again and Williams is a big part of the reason why.
Top five 2020-21 NBA Coach of the Year Award candidates, headlined by Quin Snyder and Doc Rivers - CBSSports.com

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns would have won a championship if Joe Johnson had stayed as well.

Too bad everyone couldn't see the bigger picture.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I go back and forth on the Joe thing. Yes I think we win in 07’ but paying him the max might’ve shorted the team somewhere else. Imagine having Steve Ballmer or Joe Lacob where we’d never worry about it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I go back and forth on the Joe thing. Yes I think we win in 07’ but paying him the max might’ve shorted the team somewhere else. Imagine having Steve Ballmer or Joe Lacob where we’d never worry about it.
Absolutely worth taking that chance. You have to swing for the fences to win titles and we had that opportunity staring us in the face with the chance to extend Joe.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I felt the same way when Sarver decided not to pay all that money to JJ. It was like the upcoming season was over before it started.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Back-up point guard haunted us the entire SSOL duration. Was such a steep offensive drop off when Nash wasn't on the floor. Joe was able to fill that role and keep the offense flowing nicely when he was here, on top of what he brought us at shooting guard. One JJ contributed the equivalent of two or three players. Would've been worth every penny imo.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back-up point guard haunted us the entire SSOL duration. Was such a steep offensive drop off when Nash wasn't on the floor. Joe was able to fill that role and keep the offense flowing nicely when he was here, on top of what he brought us at shooting guard. One JJ contributed the equivalent of two or three players. Would've been worth every penny imo.

We could of had prime Jason Kidd on the bench and it wouldn’t have mattered D’Antoni loves his his super short rotations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson