2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are the warriors doing like a low-key tank? No draymond or stef tonight.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers did a buy-out on Marc Gasol, I guess it would never be to come to the Suns.

Of course the Lakers owe us for Tyson Chandler and Steve Nash.

Do the Lakers think that way? I doubt it.

By Dave McMenamin ESPN Staff Writer:

Gasol, speaking after the Lakers' 115-94 win over the Sacramento Kings on Friday, said he was unsure how often his number will be called with Drummond in the fold.

"I think there's an 'if' -- 'if' they need you. And it's a big 'if,'" Gasol said when asked about Lakers coach Frank Vogel repeatedly stating Gasol's continued importance. "You're not Plan A right now. You're Plan C, D. ... You have to accept it because that's your job. And that's what you sign up to do. It's never easy to accept that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-gasol-frustrated-role-andre-drummond-arrival

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The arrival of Andre Drummond will change things for Marc Gasol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If the Lakers did a buy-out on Frank Gasol, I guess it would never be to come to the Suns.

Gasol, speaking after the Lakers' 115-94 win over the Sacramento Kings on Friday, said he was unsure how often his number will be called with Drummond in the fold.

"I think there's an 'if' -- 'if' they need you. And it's a big 'if,'" Gasol said when asked about Lakers coach Frank Vogel repeatedly stating Gasol's continued importance. "You're not Plan A right now. You're Plan C, D. ... You have to accept it because that's your job. And that's what you sign up to do. It's never easy to accept that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-gasol-frustrated-role-andre-drummond-arrival
Frank Gasol. Is he the third brother? Makes sense that he could come to the Suns then.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers did a buy-out on Frank Gasol, I guess it would never be to come to the Suns.

the Lakers aren’t doing anyone any favors and letting Gasol go, especially with AD injuries making him even remotely questionable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Lakers aren’t doing anyone any favors and letting Gasol go, especially with AD injuries making him even remotely questionable.

I don't think so either. Only thinking back when the Suns waived Tyson Chandler so he could go to the Lakers.

Players should realize how disposable they are there.

Marc Gasol signed a two year contract with the Lakers so he should have known what he was doing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

No way would I have believed we would be over .700 at any point in this season!! Just enjoying the ride! :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

No way would I have believed we would be over .700 at any point in this season!! Just enjoying the ride! :)
If only those standings would play out like that. I would have ZERO problems matching up with Dallas in the first round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday agrees to maximum contract extension with Bucks for four years, worth up to $160 million.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jrue Holiday agrees to maximum contract extension with Bucks for four years, worth up to $160 million.

That is a LOT of money!! Is he really worth that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks have now locked in their three stars long term: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only those standings would play out like that. I would have ZERO problems matching up with Dallas in the first round.

They'd probably be my pick too since we've fared so well against them since Doncic arrived but they aren't the same team we faced earlier this season. We beat them in 2 close games to drop them to 8-13 but they've gone 19-8 since then and just finished with 4 straight wins on the road. If Luka and KP continue playing well they will be a tough postseason opponent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'd probably be my pick too since we've fared so well against them since Doncic arrived but they aren't the same team we faced earlier this season. We beat them in 2 close games to drop them to 8-13 but they've gone 19-8 since then and just finished with 4 straight wins on the road. If Luka and KP continue playing well they will be a tough postseason opponent.

yeah, I’d much rather face the Spurs or Grizz than the Mavs, where Doncic will probably get EVERY call in the playoffs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bulls look to be a much improved team with the addition of Vucevic. They beat the Nets yesterday. I'm glad the Suns don't play them anymore.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I’d much rather face the Spurs or Grizz than the Mavs, where Doncic will probably get EVERY call in the playoffs.

I agree. Although, if he is getting every call in the playoffs were are likely to face them anyway.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets are cooking with Aaron Gordon as they win 5th game in a row.