Todd Todd Todd Todd

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The trade the Cardinals make is with the Miami Dolphins, who have the 18th pick, two after the Cardinals. In this scenario, they want USC offensive lineman Alijah Vera-Tucker. McShay suggests the Cardinals would get the Dolphins' third-round pick to move back two spots, but could also net a fifth-rounder this year and a pick in the fourth round next year.

Pick No. 18: Virginia Tech CB Caleb Farley
Pick No. 49: Purdue WR Rondale Moore

Patrick Peterson is off to Minnesota, both starting outside corners -- Malcolm Butler and Robert Alford -- signed one-year deals and Byron Murphy Jr. is mainly a nickelback. Farley had a back procedure at the end of March, and though it isn't expected to impact his training camp availability, it's a concern. Still, he is the best cover corner in the class and fits what the Cardinals are looking for on the outside.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry Ronin but you got the trade wrong, It is not all the picks you mentioned., it's more of a this or that. Here is what Todd proposed:

The Dolphins move from No. 18 to No. 16, and the Cardinals walk away with more draft capital. I'd say it could return a third-rounder (No. 81) or perhaps something like a fifth-rounder (No. 156) and a 2022 fourth-rounder for Arizona.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would do in a heartbeat, but Fairley has some red flags, we can't risk to pick him
Same concern there were with dj Hayden and Malik hooker
Didn’t Hayden have a heart condition?

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s a risk taking a player who had major surgery during the offseason...just look at Bosa who missed his last year in college and missed most of his second year

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
It’s a risk taking a player who had major surgery during the offseason...just look at Bosa who missed his last year in college and missed most of his second year
or look at all the teams that passed on Gronk because of his back surgery.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can name all the players you want but the fact of the matter is the ratio of players that had severe injuries in college increases when they go pro. There’s no way to spin around that and naming one or two players who stayed relatively healthy doesn’t cut it.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
You can name all the players you want but the fact of the matter is the ratio of players that had severe injuries in college increases when they go pro. There’s no way to spin around that and naming one or two players who stayed relatively healthy doesn’t cut it.
His injury isn't severe and he's going to be ready for full action by training camp.

I believe Gronk's back injuries were much more concerning. And, yes, Gronk has had injuries as a HOF player but I'd take that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His injury isn't severe and he's going to be ready for full action by training camp.

I believe Gronk's back injuries were much more concerning. And, yes, Gronk has had injuries as a HOF player but I'd take that.
I guess the proof is in the pudding. Will actual GMs be concerned? If not he will go top 14. If so, he drops. Their opinion is the only one that matters (and their medical staff).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Farley is the CB that interests me the most of the top picks because he makes the most plays on the ball.

We now know he has elite size and speed. If his prognosis is good, I'd take him, but then sign a vet like Dunbar to fill out the group while Farley gets healthy.

Round 2 go Javonte Williams and Round 3 TE.

Reactions: PJ1

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess the proof is in the pudding. Will actual GMs be concerned? If not he will go top 14. If so, he drops. Their opinion is the only one that matters (and their medical staff).

Even a slight concern usually will merit a ten pick or so drop from what we've seen over the years.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Are you saying that if they hadn’t sustained a severe injury in college that they would’ve avoided injuries in the pros? Because if not, then isn’t it all coincidence?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Farley is the CB that interests me the most of the top picks because he makes the most plays on the ball.

We now know he has elite size and speed. If his prognosis is good, I'd take him, but then sign a vet like Dunbar to fill out the group while Farley gets healthy.

Round 2 go Javonte Williams and Round 3 TE.
I would agree other than the fact we have no 3rd round pick. I’d also go best available (other than QB, K, S, and whatever they take in first two rounds) at that point bc the truth is we need a lot of positions still.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean he is still in 20s that be rare for cards fa lol just injuries major red flag

But Gurley if in right system oline could still produce

Hope cards look at him at least

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson