Mariotta
RGIII
Keenum
Tyrod Taylor
Minshew
Brissett
Jordan love
Gabbert

and I’m not listing the ones which I’d prefer but may be identified as toss-ups. McCoy likely ends up in bottom third of backup QBs.

I will give you
Trubisky,
Taylor,
Minshew,
Mariotta,
Foles,
Brissett,
and Taysom Hill

So that is 7, Nobody else you listed is anyone any team would consider being a starter. Fitzpatrick is currently signed as Washington's starter, and got pretty big money.

It's ridiculous you put RGIII, Stidham or Gabbert on your list. Stidham was so crappy Cam Newton never even had to compete with him - and Cam Newton is old and sucks, while Stidham is young.

So now tell me who is currently a free agent that is better than McCoy?

Yes, I would agree we should have signed Trubisky or Minshew if that was possible - but that is the only 2 backup QB's that were better that was available.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can't he still scramble a bit though I know he isn't good anymore
Watching RG3 the one game he started last season honestly I thought he looked okay. He even had a big scramble. The problem was he got hurt after less than half a game. It was a non contact injury too.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope the kid fro Hawaii flashes in the preseason and mcoy won't make the 53

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I will give you
Trubisky,
Taylor,
Minshew,
Mariotta,
Foles,
Brissett,
and Taysom Hill

So that is 7, Nobody else you listed is anyone any team would consider being a starter. Fitzpatrick is currently signed as Washington's starter, and got pretty big money.

It's ridiculous you put RGIII, Stidham or Gabbert on your list. Stidham was so crappy Cam Newton never even had to compete with him - and Cam Newton is old and sucks, while Stidham is young.

So now tell me who is currently a free agent that is better than McCoy?

Yes, I would agree we should have signed Trubisky or Minshew if that was possible - but that is the only 2 backup QB's that were better that was available.
A) we are talking about backups. No one said anything about who would we want as starters. That’s not our conversation unless you’re moving the uprights.

B) you indicated there were only 5 or 6 better backups. You never limited it to availability. Again, unless you are moving the uprights now.

C) Fitzpatrick is a placeholder which is essentially a glorified backup. He’s an expensive hybrid at best, if you will.

D) stidham’s youth is what makes him more attractive potentially than McCoy who is at the end of his rope as an also ran/never was. It’s also what makes love more desirable.

E) I don’t know how you can place McCoy over flacco with a straight face.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The answer is clearly yes.

I prefer to draft someone later, if he shows some promises u have a good back up and some chance to get something in return by trading him
If Murray is out we won't win a game with Mccoy I think, so doesn't bring anything short medium and long term

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My question is does McCoy fit the offensive scheme? At 34 years old, I don't see him as much of a scrambler or even a runner on options. Murray has made plays with his legs to keep drives alive that I don't see McCoy ever making.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My question is does McCoy fit the offensive scheme? At 34 years old, I don't see him as much of a scrambler or even a runner on options. Murray has made plays with his legs to keep drives alive that I don't see McCoy ever making.

Agility behind the task is the last of fis problems

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I see 2 tyoe

so do you think MCCoy is a racist or an alum just trying to uphold a longstanding school tradition? Or both?
I won’t speak for my brother, but I see it is as an alum just trying to uphold a long-standing school tradition that has racist associations with it. So, maybe not being racist, but maybe accommodating racism. Which isn’t good either.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Colt McCoy is under center in anything but an absolute blow out, the Cards are in deep kimchee.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I won’t speak for my brother, but I see it is as an alum just trying to uphold a long-standing school tradition that has racist associations with it. So, maybe not being racist, but maybe accommodating racism. Which isn’t good either.
There's no racist content in the actual song, its lyrics are poking fun at an old dean. It receives criticism because it was created by someone who was racist. You could get rid of every school song/tradition if they were all held to that standard. I don't think you can reasonably call supporting the song accommodating racism.

There is a controversy about it now, but calling Colt a horrible person for supporting the song is such a hot take that I assume Cheese is just trolling.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's no racist content in the actual song, its lyrics are poking fun at an old dean. It receives criticism because it was created by someone who was racist. You could get rid of every school song/tradition if they were all held to that standard. I don't think you can reasonably call supporting the song accommodating racism.

There is a controversy about it now, but calling Colt a horrible person for supporting the song is such a hot take that I assume Cheese is just trolling.
Yeah, that’s not an accurate description of the controversy.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/conflict-raging-eyes-texas-school-song-73782006

“The song has been a sore subject for minority students for decades. The title is taken from a favored saying of a former school president who had mimicked remarks by Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee. The song was routinely performed by musicians in blackface at minstrel shows”