I think

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
therefore I am....No...after 10 hours on the road yesterday with alot of time to think, I have decided that the Cards should draft Harris #1 and Williams #2 if they can sign another CB free agent. Take the 2 running backs run the ball down everyone's throat like the Titans do with Derrick Henry. Scatter draft CBs in the later rounds and sign some undrafted CB free agents and maybe get lucky. Time of possession with a great running game will keep the defense off the field. Just my 2 cents.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Well we do need one of those guys. Williams in the 2nd CB 1st

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
You are limiting your thinking too much... Since QB is the most important position, why don’t we just draft 6 QBs and let the best one be a backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
therefore I am....No...after 10 hours on the road yesterday with alot of time to think, I have decided that the Cards should draft Harris #1 and Williams #2 if they can sign another CB free agent. Take the 2 running backs run the ball down everyone's throat like the Titans do with Derrick Henry. Scatter draft CBs in the later rounds and sign some undrafted CB free agents and maybe get lucky. Time of possession with a great running game will keep the defense off the field. Just my 2 cents.

I do some of my best and worst thinking while on the road, quiet with my thoughts.

Something we share, evidently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are limiting your thinking too much... Since QB is the most important position, why don’t we just draft 6 QBs and let the best one be a backup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look up the 49ers 1981 draft.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are Malcolm Butler, Robert Alford, and Byron Murphy capable enough for you to forego a CB in the first and take Najee? To me, he looks like this year's Nick Chubb. Is that enough?

Actually, considering that Chase Edmonds is our only RB with any real game experience, it wouldn't be horrible, but RB's are largely a product of the offensive line talent and OC scheme. They'd have to be exceptional to consider them in the first round.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are Malcolm Butler, Robert Alford, and Byron Murphy capable enough for you to forego a CB in the first and take Najee? To me, he looks like this year's Nick Chubb. Is that enough?

Actually, considering that Chase Edmonds is our only RB with any real game experience, it wouldn't be horrible, but RB's are largely a product of the offensive line talent and OC scheme. They'd have to be exceptional to consider them in the first round.
IMO, there’s no way that Edmonds can handle the load of being RB1. He’d be injured by week 4. I also don’t believe that RB’s are largely a product of their OL. The Browns OL was better last year, but it was putrid before that. And Chubb still ran like a stud. Granted, we all want a stud OL, but a stud RB like Harris would make our offense dynamic. I like Edmonds, but he cannot in a million years carry the load necessary for this team to be a playoff threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson