CB Quinton Dunbar to visit Lions and Cardinals

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport

Free agent CB Quinton Dunbar, most recently of the #Seahawks, has two visits scheduled for next week: He’s set to visit the #Lions and #AZCardinals, source said. He’s been waiting for the right opportunity, but it all ramps up soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunbar is one of the guys who people have talked about as possibly being okay, right? I don't know enough about him. thoughts from others?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
very good 2019

subpar 2020, but he was injured for most of it

still only 28

but has "durability concerns"

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope cards can bag him fingers crossed... cb depth is much needed

Reactions: PJ1

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not particularly interested. He was part of that Seattle team giving up historic numbers in the passing game, and also has never played a full season.

I dunno. Veteran minimum or something? Maybe. But meh.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think he could add some depth and start in a pinch. Looking at his stats it appears he is a much better player when he is playing the LCB position than when he is moved around. In his two years in Washington listed as a LCB, he was pretty productive. I guess some guys just play better on one side of the field than the other.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not particularly interested. He was part of that Seattle team giving up historic numbers in the passing game, and also has never played a full season.

I dunno. Veteran minimum or something? Maybe. But meh.

He played few games last year

His pff grades

2020 47, 7 6games
2019 87, 6
2018 66,5
2017 74, 7

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Assuming Steven Nelson wants too much money. I would just take 2 CB's in draft than pinch pennies in FA CB discount bin.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He would be an upgrade over Alford who hasn’t played in 2 years

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
wouldnt shock me if Dunbar's agent put that out to try to prod the Seahawks into an offer, or, prod the Lions not to let him leave town

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wouldnt shock me if Dunbar's agent put that out to try to prod the Seahawks into an offer, or, prod the Lions not to let him leave town

Makes sense. Cards don't have money to give him much of a contract plus they most likely will go CB in Rounds 1 or 2.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On May 14, 2020, an arrest warrant was issued by the Miramar Police Department, alleging Dunbar committed armed robbery alongside New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker at a party the day before. On May 15, 2020, his attorney claimed to be in possession of affidavits from witnesses that state that Dunbar was not involved in the robbery. The next morning on May 16, 2020, both Dunbar and Baker turned themselves in to the police. The following day it was announced that Dunbar had posted bail for $100,000. Dunbar pleaded not guilty to charges. On August 7, 2020, all charges against Dunbar were dropped by Broward County prosecutors. Broward State Attorney Mike Satz announced Baker was charged with 4 counts of robbery with a firearm, and he is facing 10 years to life in prison if convicted. Dunbar was not charged. There was evidence provided by the state attorneys office that the alleged victims accepted $55,000 in exchange for changing their story in regards to Dunbar. Despite the fact that the witnesses by their own testimony appear to be paid off, the state attorney case filer, Alex Urella, still filed against Baker.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
On May 14, 2020, an arrest warrant was issued by the Miramar Police Department, alleging Dunbar committed armed robbery alongside New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker at a party the day before. On May 15, 2020, his attorney claimed to be in possession of affidavits from witnesses that state that Dunbar was not involved in the robbery. The next morning on May 16, 2020, both Dunbar and Baker turned themselves in to the police. The following day it was announced that Dunbar had posted bail for $100,000. Dunbar pleaded not guilty to charges. On August 7, 2020, all charges against Dunbar were dropped by Broward County prosecutors. Broward State Attorney Mike Satz announced Baker was charged with 4 counts of robbery with a firearm, and he is facing 10 years to life in prison if convicted. Dunbar was not charged. There was evidence provided by the state attorneys office that the alleged victims accepted $55,000 in exchange for changing their story in regards to Dunbar. Despite the fact that the witnesses by their own testimony appear to be paid off, the state attorney case filer, Alex Urella, still filed against Baker.

I don’t know man. You speak to any attorney and they will tell you cases are “settled” like this routinely, especially with people who have money. A lot of times, it’s just easiest and more cost effective to just pay people off. I’d imagine he would have easily spent $55k on felony 2/3 charges. I have a client that was 100% not guilty of what he was accused of, and he was told by his attorney to settle with this unscrupulous biach for a low 6-digit amount. That ransom amount was a business decision (and so is the reason he now invests in protection agents). Innocent wealthy people settle frequently.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The one where all charges were dropped and the "victims" lawyer was charged with extortion.

"Baker, the former Giants first-round pick, had all charges stemming from an alleged armed robbery dropped on Monday, after the lawyer of three of the four victims in the armed robbery case was arrested in Broward County, Fla. The attorney is facing an extortion charge."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dunbar currently has Detroit and Arizona on his mind, but Michael-Shawn Dugar dropped another interesting tidbit.

Even though there may be mutual interest between the Seahawks and Dunbar in reuniting, where the latter ends up will most likely depend on the amount of money he wants for his services. We’ll see how this plays out.
Do Seahawks and Quinton Dunbar have mutual interest in reuniting? (yahoo.com)

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad. Lions also signed CB Corn Elder last week. Additionally they took CB Jeff Okudah last year with the third pick in the first round. Bottom line I don't see them taking a CB this year with their 7th pick.

Also this from Gambo the evening:

John Gambadoro

He was never coming here for a visit