Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Kyle Pitts
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Pat Surtain II
Jaycee Horn
Greg Newsome

Now, some position may require additional moves in FA to fill out the roster more than others, but I feel these players all have grades that make them a first round value. Newsome might be the only player who people could argue is a reach at 16, but I feel he is a first rounder, plays a premium position, fills a need, and the drop off after him is significant. No need to try to be happier than happy sometimes.

Outside of that, any sort of top 100 pick would be worth moving down.

I omitted Farley as I can't take on the risk at 16.

I omitted AVT because of our roster and I feel he is in a different tier than Sewell and Slater.

No defensive front 7 players feel like they are worth it without trading back.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My board at 16. (no order right now)

Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Kyle Pitts
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Pat Surtain II
Jaycee Horn
Greg Newsome

Now, some position may require additional moves in FA to fill out the roster more than others, but I feel these players all have grades that make them a first round value. Newsome might be the only player who people could argue is a reach at 16, but I feel he is a first rounder, plays a premium position, fills a need, and the drop off after him is significant. No need to try to be happier than happy sometimes.

I omitted AVT because of our roster and I feel he is in a different tier than Sewell and Slater.

If Newsome is a reach, then he is a very, very slight reach. Lowest I see him dropping is 21.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My board at 16. (no order right now)

Jamar Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Kyle Pitts
Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
Pat Surtain II
Jaycee Horn
Greg Newsome

I’d agree with your group, but surprised (a little) at devonta smith’s absence. I say “a little” bc his slight frame worries me, but if he’s good he’s likely a home run. I’d be a tad disappointed with Horn or newsome 16, but I’d get over it. I don’t think the 16 slot is an enviable position for us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d agree with your group, but surprised (a little) at devonta smith’s absence. I say “a little” bc his slight frame worries me, but if he’s good he’s likely a home run. I’d be a tad disappointed with Horn or newsome 16, but I’d get over it. I don’t think the 16 slot is an enviable position for us.
I understand Newsome, but why Horn?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Newsome is a reach, then he is a very, very slight reach. Lowest I see him dropping is 21.
Agreed. Ideally, off of his grade, you get him in the 20-25 range but I wouldn't risk it. Limited starts, injuries, and penalties in college push him down a bit in grade for me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For me, and probably just me, I am not inclined to take a WR who has a similar skill set to Hopkins (in terms of how he wins) who is also an outlier in size.

I already have a 6'1 who can play everywhere and wins with precision route running. If I am looking to add a WR in round 1, I want a guy who can crush the underneath routes with RAC or can blow the roof off vertically. Again, my preference, but I like diverse WRs if I am spending top dollar or a high pick.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
lets assume:

1. the Cards get one of the CBs they want at #16
2. Harris, Etienne and Williams go off the board early 2nd, Toney too

3. Do spend #48 on Rondale Moore?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me, and probably just me, I am not inclined to take a WR who has a similar skill set to Hopkins (in terms of how he wins) who is also an outlier in size.

I already have a 6'1 who can play everywhere and wins with precision route running. If I am looking to add a WR in round 1, I want a guy who can crush the underneath routes with RAC or can blow the roof off vertically. Again, my preference, but I like diverse WRs if I am spending top dollar or a high pick.
I get that. That said I would’ve likely classified boldin and Fitz in the same group (mind I’m not saying they were similar skill sets, just same general group - neither was a vertical threat in a speed sense and neither was a make-you-miss Waterbug YAC guy) and that worked pretty well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lets assume:

As much as it wouldn’t knock my socks off, I might have to consider it. Depends what olinemen, edge, and if Marshall is available. Maybe even consider zaven Collins if he’s still there.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I love me some Rondale Moore:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, he's only played about 1 1/2 years of college ball, but he's fast, smart, and super-strong for a guy his size.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
As much as it wouldn’t knock my socks off, I might have to consider it. Depends what olinemen, edge, and if Marshall is available. Maybe even consider zaven Collins if he’s still there.

Marshall is another WR that i would have no issue taking at 48

what Moore gives you: dynamic run after catch guy. probably a killer slot guy, with added benefit of reverses, etc. He has shown he can catch over the shoulder, so he likely isnt limited to short stuff. In summary: the potential to be a guy that defenses have to account for every down. Thats attractive.

what makes me pause: at a certain point, size does matter for a WR and 5-7 is just sooooo short. At 48, you are thinking of getting player in your top 26 or so (i.e. doesnt have to be an everydown player, but someone on the field a lot). Will Moore ever be more than a part time gadget player? Thats fine for JJ Nelson picked in the 6th, but not at 48.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
lets assume:

There’s certainly much to like about Moore. It wouldn’t break my heart if they took him. He has good speed to spread the field. He could help as a returner. I like Williams better if he’s there. At his size he’s likely a role player. His durability is a concern though some small guys have done well and survived. I’d rather have a player who would be involved in more plays, but finding one in this draft is a huge task.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There’s certainly much to like about Moore. It wouldn’t break my heart if they took him. He has good speed to spread the field. He could help as a returner. I like Williams better if he’s there. At his size he’s likely a role player. His durability is a concern though some small guys have done well and survived. I’d rather have a player who would be involved in more plays, but finding one in this draft is a huge task.
I really struggle with Moore’s size. Serious outlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Toney is my favorite trade down candidate. Pitts would be a no-brainer.
Agree on Pitts but it is mostly about my preference in personnel. I prefer 11 personnel to 10 personnel. I feel it lets you do more and can be more difficult for the defense to matchup with depending on the TE. I feel Pitts would let you run 11 personnel size with 10 personnel receiving ability. Hopkins, Green, Kirk and Pitts would be a tough group to matchup with IMO.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'd take terrace Marshall from LSU. He just ran a 4.38 and it nearly 6ft 4. We need a big fast wr with great hands

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose