Hawks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-30-31

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home for three games starting with back-to-back games against the Hawks on Tuesday and Bulls on Wednesday. And on Friday they play the Thunder.

The Suns previous game with the Hawks on January 13th was postponed and the Bulls will be much improved with the addition of Nikola Vucevic.

Hawks are 23-23 and have won seven of their last ten games. In their last outing the Hawks lost to the Nuggets 126-102.

Suns are 31-14 after coming off a 101-97 overtime win over the Hornets on Sunday.

The Hawks game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have the best the NBA best road record at 16-6 road record.

It's time to improve at home as well. They will be challenged by the Hawks and Bulls.

In April they have a tough schedule which will have a big impact on their seeding heading into the playoffs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go suns still excited from hornets w

Hawks are playing decent this yr right? Especially isn't young? Really liked him in draft...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's go suns still excited from hornets w

Hawks are playing decent this yr right? Especially isn't young? Really liked him in draft...

they’ve been hot since Nate McMilllan took over as coach, winning 9 of 12 I think. Another good matchup where hopefully we can snap out if this funk where they don’t make us crazy every fourth quarter, ultimately winning, at the expense of new grey hairs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they’ve been hot since Nate McMilllan took over as coach, winning 9 of 12 I think. Another good matchup where hopefully we can snap out if this funk where they don’t make us crazy every fourth quarter, ultimately winning, at the expense of new grey hairs.
Hahaha yea I'm having heart attack city almost every suns gm can't imagine what poffs will do to my stress over suns winning :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Abdel Nader will again be OUT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A solid tweet from Jae Crowder.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Abdel Nader will again be OUT.

The team is really missing Nader's energy off the bench right now. Him and Payne are the only guys who will attack the basket but teams are figuring out that you just have to camp out on Cam's left hand and he's neutralized. Nader has better size and can initiate contact a lot better. Craig is a good pickup and is a better defender, but with a group that's lacking offense right now, Nader is a better option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team is really missing Nader's energy off the bench right now. Him and Payne are the only guys who will attack the basket but teams are figuring out that you just have to camp out on Cam's left hand and he's neutralized. Nader has better size and can initiate contact a lot better. Craig is a good pickup and is a better defender, but with a group that's lacking offense right now, Nader is a better option.

Nader is indeed missed. Suns don't have many players that can get to the basket. He is also a pesky defender and can spread the court. I'm beginning to worry about him a bit though. Hope his injury will heal with rest.

Torrey Craig was a good find. I'm now looking at him as mostly a backup 4. Crowder and Craig might be a good duo there.

Sometimes I wonder why Frank Kaminsky doesn't get some minutes at the 5.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking ahead to the Bulls game on Wednesday. Zach Lavine re-aggravated his ankle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs lost to the Kings last night. That was the only helpful score I saw in Western Conference.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope the Suns win tonight. Still frustrated about the UCLA Alabama game. Not usually a Tide fan, but the coach's dad is a good friend.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking forward to gm tonight and caught up on zzz last night

Hope ayton book paul perform well and the bench shows up

Please no late shots or deep 3 by crowder lol

Go suns an amazing season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Kaminsky III OUT due to health and safety protocols.

Abdel Nader remains OUT.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Kaminisky is the 5th Suns player to miss time due to health and safety protocols.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frank Kaminisky is the 5th Suns player to miss time due to health and safety protocols.

Man injuries and covid have stung this yr smith dario now frank.... hope a quick recovery fingers crossed

He has been valuable part this yr

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Kaminsky out, the Suns likely only have two big men (6'10" and above) available to play for the next couple of weeks unless Jalen Smith can contribute.

This will pose a challenge.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you jinx him Mainstreet.............

I think the Suns will have to add a big man on a two way or 10 day contract to provide some depth upfront.

Our big men have to stay out of foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to look at the bright side, the Suns may be forced to play Jalen Smith.