Suns @ Hornets Sunday game thread 3-28-2021

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Fine. Whatever chap
Nobody ever accuses you of being a spectacular conversationalist, have they?

If you don’t want to discuss then don’t post in the first place.

You are so set on the Suns being worse than anyone they play that even in an ugly win you can’t give the team any credit.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're 5 wins away from being guaranteed a 500 season and there is a lot of basketball left to played. The difference between this team now and the last decade is night and day.

Ill take these ugly wins over blow outs also because they should keep the team from being complacent and buying into their spot in the standings.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Down the stretch he certainly did disappear. He panicked in a three foot shot, couldn’t snare an offensive rebound that hit his hands twice and let every player he guarded score on him to end regulation.

Ok

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
We're 5 wins away from being guaranteed a 500 season and there is a lot of basketball left to played. The difference between this team now and the last decade is night and day.

Ill take these ugly wins over blow outs also because they should keep the team from being complacent and buying into their spot in the standings.

I see what you are saying, but I am a bit worried about the frequency of these ugly wins. Flip side is that they play well against good teams, but I really don't like how they get these ugly wins against "bad" teams.

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I don't think they're too bad of a team, above .500.
I thought that number 0 was going to beat us all by himself there for a while. We couldn't do anything with him. He had his way with us, seemed like.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you bare saying, but I am a bit worried about the frequency of these ugly wins. Flip side is that they play well against good teams, but I really don't like how they get these ugly wins against "bad" teams.

I agree. It shows a pattern. Complacency is a recipe for disaster.

When Crowder is not hitting threes he is not very effective.

The Suns shouldn't ignore that Saric scored 6, 8, 4, 2, 4, 2, 8, 7 in his last eight games. This is not Super Dario we are seeing.

I suspect Dario needs some rest. It's a shame the Suns cannot give him any the way this roster is shaped.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland and Denver appear poised to make big runs. At some point I think the Mavericks will as well.

The Clippers will be there at the end. So will the Lakers unless they can't get healthy. The Jazz are here to stay.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Won't take too much away from this performance. Last game of a 4 game road trip, played against a solid team with a good home record and played the game at 10 AM (a time that most of these guys are probably just getting out of bed on most game days).

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The offense was comically bad at the end of the game, but the Suns' defense was pretty solid. Most of the Hornets points on that comeback came from fast breaks and crazy shots from Graham and Rozier.

I think Ayton was out at the end of the game because the Hornets were targeting him on defense like they did last game with Lamelo Ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You are so set on the Suns being worse than anyone they play that even in an ugly win you can’t give the team any credit.
What a joke of a post. Unlike many in this board I correctly predicted a good season once we traded for Paul - a four seed, no less. So I’d appreciate you not making up BS about me. Today was a lackluster performance down the stretch. This was a scenario where the team that played worse lost more than the team that played better won.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Btw, someone can disagree with you without you attacking them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You are a lawyer aren’t you used to people disagreeing with you?
Actually people usually agree with me in my professional life. It’s primarily here on a sports talk board where that’s not the case.

remember, I’m a transactional attorney. We work to create harmony for projects.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Actually people usually agree with me in my professional life. It’s primarily here on a sports talk board where that’s not the case.

remember, I’m a transactional attorney. We work to create harmony for projects.
That is actually amazing. Who knew? Talk about bucking the stereotype.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is actually amazing. Who knew? Talk about bucking the stereotype.
You’d be surprised. People only tend to think of litigators when they think attorneys. But there’s a vast sea of different types of attorneys. Think about a guy who drafts wills and trusts for example.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember Cam Johnson playing so tentative for a long time. He only shot threes 0-6, so this may have contributed to him not seeing the basket better.

The same with Crowder 0-9 from that range.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't remember Cam Johnson playing so tentative for a long time. He only shot threes 0-6, so this may have contributed to him not seeing the basket better.

The same with Crowder 0-9 from that range.
Didn't Cam have Covid? I had it. I got better and got back to work, but there are lingering effects for a long time. My blood pressure remained up for more than two months. I just did not feel right for a while. Give him some time.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty impressed with Crowder as a professional and a human being in this game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Cam have Covid? I had it. I got better and got back to work, but there are lingering effects for a long time. My blood pressure remained up for more than two months. I just did not feel right for a while. Give him some time.

I think Cam Johnson will be fine but he did not play confident for whatever reason yesterday. Maybe that's part of it. It's hard to say why.

On the other hand, perhaps he was simply off like Crowder.

I think players when they are cold from three should make a strong effort to get to the basket to regain their rhythm.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are anyone's thoughts on having Craig and Ayton out there at the same time? We ran like that for a bit but not long enough to get eyes on that lineup. I like Craig, he's almost feerless when he's out there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are anyone's thoughts on having Craig and Ayton out there at the same time? We ran like that for a bit but not long enough to get eyes on that lineup. I like Craig, he's almost feerless when he's out there.

When the Suns acquired Craig I thought he could play some power forward. My mind hasn't changed.

Personally I like the idea. I'd be willing to give it a try although I believe Monty might think Crowder plays better as a starter.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns acquired Craig I thought he could play some power forward. My mind hasn't changed.

Personally I like the idea. I'd be willing to give it a try although I believe Monty might think Crowder plays better as a starter.

My eye tells me that he's so up and down that i think its a wash, slightly leaning towards better as a bench player who can close games.
Maybe an analytics thing.

I'd really still like to see Nader in there, he can do everything, most importantly get to the rim on his own.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My eye tells me that he's so up and down that i think its a wash, slightly leaning towards better as a bench player who can close games.
Maybe an analytics thing.

I'd really still like to see Nader in there, he can do everything, most importantly get to the rim on his own.

Crowder always plays hard but I wish he had a shot in-between a 3-point shot and a layup. I've always liked him as a player but he often frustrates me a bit when his outside shot is off. This is why I wanted the Suns to add a more prototypical power forward who has an inside game.

I like Nader a lot. The Suns have missed him. He is pure hustle and can get to the rim or shoot outside. In the Hornets game the Suns could have used him.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Crowder, but I really don’t know what he was thinking when he shot that long three with 11(?) seconds left on the shot clock, under a minute to play (40 or so seconds, I think) and the Suns ahead towards the end of regulation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Crowder, but I really don’t know what he was thinking when he shot that long three with 11(?) seconds left on the shot clock, under a minute to play (40 or so seconds, I think) and the Suns ahead towards the end of regulation.

that was confusing... to say the least.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave