Currently, What do you Fear most regarding the Cards and the Upcoming Season?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To sum up: I hear the cellar calling us again. I just hope the Rams stink and Russell Wilson retires or is traded.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you even read my post? I gave you MULTIPLE metrics in which Butler was far behind Peterson last year. I understand people are grumpy about PEDs and diva behavior, but it doesn't make the facts any less the facts. If Butler and Peterson have the exact same season next year, Peterson will come out the winner.

Why are we acting like Butler is some paragon of behavior and leadership when he got BENCHED FOR THE SUPER BOWL?

Also, you ignored any rookie/Alford thoughts. Last I checked, multiple CBs play at once.

Comp % allowed

Butler 63%
P2 67.1%

Yards per completion

Butler 10.9
P2 12.5

Yards per target

Butler. 6.9
P2. 8.4

Tackles

Butler 100
P2. 61

Passer rating allowed

Butler. 83.2
P2. 98.2

On every important metric Butler was far better

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Comp % allowed

Butler 63%
P2 67.1%

Yards per completion

Butler 10.9
P2 12.5

Yards per target

Butler. 6.9
P2. 8.4

Tackles

Butler 100
P2. 61

Passer rating allowed

Butler. 83.2
P2. 98.2

On every important metric Butler was far better
These aren't exclusively the important metrics. We'll see, guys. Like I said, Butler was more efficient, but gave up a ton of receptions and yards. Teams don't throw at guys who have good coverage.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These aren't exclusively the important metrics. We'll see, guys. Like I said, Butler was more efficient, but gave up a ton of receptions and yards. Teams don't throw at guys who have good coverage.

Butler can hardly control how much is thrown his way because his team has no pass rush. All he can do is the best he can with those passes, which he did much better than P2 did.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
My biggest fear for the season is that Keim isn't fired after another mediocre season and this merry-go-round keeps on spinning. Last year's 8-8 was with the easiest schedule we'll see for some time and I don't think we're going to match it. Bringing in the 2015 all pro team isn't exciting me for 2021. Hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a long season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Bro he gave up a below average passer rating.

What that means is that even though he gave up a lot of receptions, QBs weren't very efficient throwing the ball to his coverage target.

With a better pass rush, he likely gives up a lower passer rating and less yards and receptions. That's not a crazy conclusion at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bro he gave up a below average passer rating.

What that means is that even though he gave up a lot of receptions, QBs weren't very efficient throwing the ball to his coverage target.

With a better pass rush, he likely gives up a lower passer rating and less yards and receptions. That's not a crazy conclusion at all.
We can keep yelling at each other all day, I'm not ready to anoint a 31 year old CB who was already slow when he started in the league and gave up the most receptions and yardage of any CB.

I'm a lot more afraid of Malcolm Butler covering our division's WRs than the matchups he had against the rest of his division and the AFC North last year. He's going to have to deal with real QBs and receivers here.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
"real QBs and receivers here“, :rolleyes: :lmao: ?
Okay, tell me which you'd rather face off against:
2021 NFC West:
Stafford to Woods & Kupp
Wilson to Metcalf & Lockett
3rd overall QB to Aiyuk & Samuel

vs.

2020 AFC South:
Minshew/Glennon/Luton to Chark & Shenault Jr.
Rivers to Hilton & Pascal
Watson to Cooks & Fuller

The Texans are the only concerning team there. Rivers was a corpse, Hilton was a corpse, Pascal wasn't a threat. I don't need to say more about the Jags.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My fear is we go with Hicks as starting ILB. We need ILB's with speed, Simmons needs a side kick. I wonder if ARZ will target another ILB in later rounds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welcome to the board! I'll have the dark meat part of a rotisserie chicken, an XL Mountain Dew, a bag of Doritos, and a box of Paczki (sp?). New board members "buy" dinner, and I've been on a strict diet for a month and a half :D
Been a looooong time since we’ve seen that tradition.

I’ll have a #1 from Taco Bell with a cherry Pepsi and no ice.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been a looooong time since we’ve seen that tradition.

I’ll have a #1 from Taco Bell with a cherry Pepsi and no ice.

hola newbie! I’ll have a large Lou Malnati’s deep dish sausage pizza, extra tomatoes and a fountain crisp Diet Coke!

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Season ending by game #2

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since the dawn of time in the NFL, massive injuries or lack thereof will determine our ultimate fate. To overcome injuries, you need great scheming & coaching on both sides of the ball. Not sold we have that. So my concerns lie with injuries and coaching.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My fear -

That injuries eat into our lack of deph at a key position, leaving us with a glaring weakness.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
That teams figured out how to defend us during the second half of the season, that we won't be able to adjust, and we'll realize that KM is not the answer. And that we'll fire KK and SK, promote VJ and Adrian Wilson, and suck for a long time.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams can throw on any CB if there’s no pass rush. Prime Peterson or Revis couldn’t cover Isabella for 10 seconds.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
We have no depth and are hell-bent on mortgaging our future replacing draft busts with ancient veterans. This is the course for teams that want to be competitive, but are incompetent in the draft. The fear isn't this season, it's 2-3 years from now when we have 0 hope of ever sniffing the playoffs again. That starts with Keim and ends with the entire scouting department.

All of our moves point to the fact that we will never have a consistently competitive team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave