Per Adam Schefter ....... Colt McCoy to Visit Cardinals Next Week

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Colt is a game manager with a noodle arm. He won't lose the game with dumb mistakes if he needs to come in for a quarter. By all accounts he's a hard worker and well liked in the locker room.

I do prefer Hundley, but it seems like that's not going to happen.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this possible move. Cards need an experienced qb to back up Murray. Not a big name or big bucks guy. Remember Palmer had Drew Stanton as a backup. He started and did win some games for us.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like this possible move. Cards need an experienced qb to back up Murray. Not a big name or big bucks guy. Remember Palmer had Drew Stanton as a backup. He started and did win some games for us.

Stanton also had a great defense to back him up to overcome his deficits. While I think our defense will be better next season (health permitting), it’s not as good as it was in 2014-2015. McCoy is not a good QB. I wish we’d go after Alex Smith, who has experience as a starter and some success under his belt.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Hundley was a Tom Clements guy. McCoy should be a better mentor for Murray. (I hope) If he has to play we're in deep doo-doo.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
you would have to shelve half the offense if he came in

not that Colt McCoy is going to run tons of RPO, but Alex Smith can run 0

If we want to continue throwing horizontally...... Alex and Colt are perfect.

If we want to..... you know....... improve. I would suggest (swallows hard) someone like Geno Smith, Gabbert, or hell..... Nick Mullens.

Honestly..... We should have signed Trubisky.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
As we saw in the season finale (debacle) versus the Rams, you need a veteran back-up QB in the NFL who can at least come in and "manage i.e. not lose" the game. McCoy is a huge upgrade over Streveler. Also McCoy filled in for Daniel Jones last year and led the NYG to one of their most impressive wins as AT Seattle! What I like more about McCoy is he gives KM someone to bounce things off throughout the ups and downs of the season.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If we want to..... you know....... improve. I would suggest (swallows hard) someone like Geno Smith, Gabbert, or hell..... Nick Mullens.

I’ll take Gabbert as my backup any day.

I’m wondering if hundley and kyler butted heads

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im not here to say is a good back up or not but I took a look at his career and he just played for very bad teams, never had a chance to lead a good offense

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

for 2.5 million, he was a bargain as a backup.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we saw in the season finale (debacle) versus the Rams, you need a veteran back-up QB in the NFL who can at least come in and "manage i.e. not lose" the game. McCoy is a huge upgrade over Streveler. Also McCoy filled in for Daniel Jones last year and led the NYG to one of their most impressive wins as AT Seattle! What I like more about McCoy is he gives KM someone to bounce things off throughout the ups and downs of the season.
It’s a pretty big stretch to say McCoy lead anything in that game. He was 13/22 for 105 yards 1 TD/1 INT in that game against the Seattle. The Giants D was nails in that game holding the Hawks to 12 points.

he’s pretty terrible. Even as a backup.