NBA Trade Deadline Thread 2021

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Vuc is 30. DA is 22. Vuc may be better than DA at the moment, but current DA is the more efficient defender and higher potential. I frankly wouldn't swap b/c I'm confident DA will be the better player soon.

Even though the Bulls had to only give up Carter Jr., losing picks for a team that's in rebuild mode is kind of dumb, IMO. If you're gonna tank, go all-in like the Suns and Sixers did. Not this half-assed crap with bringing in 30 y/o guys to build around.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Vuc is 30. DA is 22. Vuc may be better than DA at the moment, but current DA is the more efficient defender and higher potential. I frankly wouldn't swap b/c I'm confident DA will be the better player soon.

Even though the Bulls had to only give up Carter Jr., losing picks for a team that's in rebuild mode is kind of dumb, IMO. If you're gonna tank, go all-in like the Suns and Sixers did. Not this half-assed crap with bringing in 30 y/o guys to build around.

They have just enough talent not to be bad enough to bottom out. If it doesn’t work and they jump in the lottery the picks have protection.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not quite confident, more like cautiously optimistic when it comes to Ayton passing Vucevic by. As for swapping the two, the closer we are to a game like Miami (where Ayton was great) the less willing I'd be to make that deal. But the reverse is true too. And, if Paul wasn't near the end of his career and if the (arguably) 3 best teams in the NBA weren't at high risk for injury problems, I wouldn't even contemplate an Ayton trade during a bad stretch of DA performances.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC has a monopoly on draft picks. There should be anti-draft pick legislation. :madarms:

As you accumulate bunches of them they tend to lose value and you can only handle so many young players at one time so I'm sure they'll be packaging them for players and draft move-ups before long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you accumulate bunches of them they tend to lose value and you can only handle so many young players at one time so I'm sure they'll be packaging them for players and draft move-ups before long.

They will be like the corner bank. It's where teams will go for draft picks and they will multiply their assets.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Similar to what he would’ve been here, Gordon is the Nuggets 4th best player. They got better and Portland improved their depth.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I really hope that James Jones has all buyout candidates on speed dial.

Also, would've helped had Stix developed quicker, especially when Saric plays like poo :confused:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless something changes I guess a buyout is the most we can hope for to add front court depth.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, would've helped had Stix developed quicker, especially when Saric plays like poo :confused:

If the Suns first round pick would have been more ready to play like Cam Johnson, it would have helped this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Jalen really lost the chance early on when he contracted covid.

Seemed like they were intent on giving him minutes the few games before he went out with the sickness. Then we rolled on to some wins with other lineups and he found himself on the outside looking in.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Suns first round pick would have been more ready to play like Cam Johnson, it would have helped this season.
Or, learn to draft the BPA. Replace Payne with Haliburton and we are in a much better position now and in the future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson