NBA Trade Deadline Thread 2021

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would love to get Collins from the Hawks. It's superteam time...... We could win the damn West IMO if we do this right.

It's not happening.

We could not make an offer that they would even consider for him.

Cam Johnson and 2 first rounders? They would hang up on that offer.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones was just on the radio.

He is not making any kind of a trade. It just isn't happening.

Basically said buyout guy would have to have interest in them, and understand they wouldn't be guaranteed any minutes.

Said he anticipated tomorrow being quiet. Also said he will not react to what any other team does.

I don't think we are going to get any roster changes.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jones was just on the radio.

He is not making any kind of a trade. It just isn't happening.

Basically said buyout guy would have to have interest in them, and understand they wouldn't be guaranteed any minutes.

Said he anticipated tomorrow being quiet. Also said he will not react to what any other team does.

I don't think we are going to get any roster changes.

I'm good with this. McDonough rarely used to disappoint with making a fun trade deadline move...and that led to disappointment later.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to get Collins from the Hawks. It's superteam time...... We could win the damn West IMO if we do this right.

Woj in a "fake trade" segment today suggested targets like Larry Nance jr, Kenrich Williams or Daniel House. I suspect our moves (if we make any) are going to be less impressive than most people hope.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Woj in a "fake trade" segment today suggested targets like Larry Nance jr, Kenrich Williams or Daniel House. I suspect our moves (if we make any) are going to be less impressive than most people hope.
This is the first time in I think my life I can honestly say, WHO?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hoping Deng would get bought out & sign with us. I wanted the Phoenix Suns to take him in the draft instead of Len. I still think he would make an excellent back up at PF/center. a post-buyout, free-agent might be attracted to the chance to play with Chris Paul for Monty, and help a team compete for their first championship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Phoenix needs to create more basketball culture here.

We were on our way until Jerry Colangelo sold the team.

they weren’t on their way. They were one of the best franchises in sports, culture wise, even without a title. Cola gels was already a great ambassador for the league, previously getting stars and great role players to come here on wink wink one year deals during the Barkley years and enough to attract Nash and Richardson. Even though they had never won a title, the franchise was very well respected and almost always competitive with a major run as title contenders from 1989-95, getting into the playoffs most other years before revamping for the Nash title contending years, the last time he had an impact on the team.

Sarver and co trashed that rep for a while, but credit where credits due, he’s come a long way in the last two years and the franchise’s fortunes have done the same in reponse. Hopefully a nice playoff run this year will push us further down the yellow brick road, creating an even better culture and one that lead to long term success that one day will lead to that golden trophy and a banner hung up in the rafters.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns - Lakers game this past Sunday, LeBron made the trip. EJ says why make the trip if you're not playing. This made me think a little as the trade deadline comes up and rumors start to swirl.

They're still in okay playoff standings shape right now. Is Lebron not as "injured" as he claims to be to get a trade done? Now the lakers are okay with shedding Shroeder, Trez and KCP for Drummond. Just seems a little suspect.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pretty lame haul for Vuc. Although I am assuming those 1st rounders have same kind of protection.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose