Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am sure there is a Mendoza Line however, there is also an argument that getting more carries helps RBs get into a rhythm. Ultimately, I think it can be argued both ways and 4.6 isn't a huge outlier in terms of production.
It can be argued both ways, but I’d be shocked if the weight of evidence doesn’t heavily evidence a steep decline in ypc when a rb doubles their carries.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chase Edmonds is (what is commonly referred to) "change of pace back". He is not a starter nor does he have the physical attributes to play 16/17 games as the bell cow. Youre most likely looking at a trade down scenario and ETN getting drafted by the Cardinals . #FinalAnswer
For the last few years we’ve been hearing by most that Edmonds was a change of pace 3 rd down back.

Suddenly many on this board has him penciled in as the starter and doubling his carries.

unreal.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think high RB in this class would be dumb.

Harris is good but I don't think he's RB1 in most recent classes. Maybe not top 2 in some. Etienne has an average draft grade in round 2 and has some major flaws in his game. Then it's a bunch of guys.

Gainwell, Carter, Williams etc have some talent but aren't top 50 for most analysts. There's no slam dunk RB1's there. Not even Harris.

With the limited picks we have we could very well burn one of them on a RB in the top 50.
What class Najee wouldn’t be RB1 in outside of 2018?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're both examining different data sets when it comes to Chase's production. I look at his starts in this league and see:
2019:
SEA - Rushing - 6 for 37, Receiving - 0 for 0 (No TDs)
@NOR - Rushing - 7 for 8, Receiving - 2 for 5 (No TDs)
2020:
DET - Rushing - 3 for 13, Receiving - 2 for 21 (No TDs)
MIA - Rushing - 25 for 70, Receiving - 3 for 18 (No TDs)
If you want to evaluate Edmonds' potential as a starter, why omit these stats just because he didn't officially start the game? He certainly got more than a typical "starter's" touches.
2019:
NYG - Rushing - 27 for 126, Receiving 2 for 24 (3 TDs)

...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to evaluate Edmonds' potential as a starter, why omit these stats just because he didn't officially start the game? He certainly got more than a typical "starter's" touches.
2019:

...dave

didn’t he get hurt the next game?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Speaking of what is Barkley’s value right now? He was a pantheon level prospect/rookie and now he’s almost an afterthought. RB’s in a nutshell.

I do love Najee though.

Just talking about prospects, before turning pro, last five years
My top 3
Barkley
Harris
Nick chubb

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
didn’t he get hurt the next game?
The next game was @ the Saints, which i had the misfortune of attending in person. @Solar7 already posted the stats from that game. He played into the 4th quarter, ineffectively, but then the entire Cards O was ineffective all game. He may have been hurt at the end of the game, don't recall.

For the record, i'm not making a case that Edmonds will be a productive and durable 3-down starting back... just wondering why @Solar7 left out the stats from the one game where he got the most touches, and blew up.

Other games that might be more representative of Edmonds' potential as a starting back:
2020:
MIA - Rushing 25 for 70, Receiving 4 for 14 (0 TDs)
PHI - Rushing 11 for 47, Receiving 3 for 19 (1 TD)
SEA - Rushing 7 for 71, Receiving 11 for 123 (1 TD)

...dave

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The next game was @ the Saints, which i had the misfortune of attending in person. @Solar7 already posted the stats from that game. He played into the 4th quarter, ineffectively, but then the entire Cards O was ineffective all game. He may have been hurt at the end of the game, don't recall.

For the record, i'm not making a case that Edmonds will be a productive and durable 3-down starting back... just wondering why @Solar7 left out the stats from the one game where he got the most touches, and blew up.

Other games that might be more representative of Edmonds' potential as a starting back:
2020:
MIA - Rushing 25 for 70, Receiving 4 for 14 (0 TDs)
PHI - Rushing 11 for 47, Receiving 3 for 19 (1 TD)
SEA - Rushing 7 for 71, Receiving 11 for 123 (1 TD)

...dave
...? The Miami game was in my summary. It's the last one. That's a pathetic 2.8 YPC. The Philly game was his best game, but he had an even split in carries with Drake.

If those games are examples of his potential as a starting back, we should be worried.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
2019:

...dave
Just saw this after my last reply. I had a ton of notifications.

The point about him being the designated starter is that there's a period where the other team gets to scout him and be prepared for him. Capturing lighting in a bottle when teams aren't prepared for you to get the ball isn't the same as entering the week as the starter and getting gameplanned against.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

Washington Football Team Pro Bowl DE Ryan Kerrigan will take a free agent visit to the #Bengals today, source said, another potential addition to Cincy's revamped defense. WFT also has interest in having Kerrigan, the team’s all-time sack leader, return

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jason licth beside the signing of the goat made really great drafts and signings, of course he did some mistakes(2016 draft) but looking at their roster he had much more hit then misses

Big free agents signings

Shaquille Barret
Jason Pierre Paul
Ndukamong Suh
Gronk

And they have several starters drafted
The offensive line has 4 draft picks( Donovan smith, Eli Marpet, Alex cappa, Tristan Wirfs)
RB Ronald Jones
WR Evans Goodwin Scotty Miller
TE Howard
Nose tackle Vita Vea
ILB which is the best unit in the nfl David and white
The secondary starters are just draft picks

When u make good drafts u can just focus extending your best guys and not paying elite above average players
Comparing to us, they did extremely well

Kudos to Licht, who was under Keim wings

In the offense the real starters we have are Murray and Humphries
In the defense our supposed to be starters are Simmons Murphy, Thompson and Budda Baker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.