Steelers release CB Steven Nelson

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nelson is a CB2 though. A good one, but we would still need a CB1.

that's what the draft is for. Reality is, we're not going to have a bonafide #1 this year. So best to get a solid number 2, hope for a #1 in the making in the draft and see if our pass rush can be as dynamic as people are hoping to cover for whatever the secondary is lacking.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Won't be cheap. Would love it if we could swing it.
Pugh did announced he restructured his contract and took a reduce pay because “he loved Az and wanted to be here”

I do think something is on the horizon

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pugh did announced he restructured his contract and took a reduce pay because “he loved Az and wanted to be here”

I do think something is on the horizon

I dont know that freed up money will just cover rookie pool... They need to cut Kennard and rework CJ contract.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Well we don’t need to trade that second rounder for Nelson some people here wanted to, let’s sign him!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He is right more often then not
But for it to be “big” there’d have to be an impressive cb available. Who, exactly would that be? Other Nelson there’s just a bunch of guys. That said, I’m sure in keim-speak signing butler would be “big” bc he’s a recognizable name.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, since all salaries are slotted, they know the cost. They have $5.5 million in the Cardinals rookie pool.

They need 2.736M for the rookie pool. Remember that we have over the 53 total and when those players get release that cost is added back into the cap. See the link:

https://overthecap.com/draft/

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t have a number one or a number two. Beggers can’t be choosers. Sign him draft one at 16

I really don't want to rely on a rookie CB to be CB1. Look at Okudah.

It's tough for CB's to transition, even when playing CB2.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need 2.736M for the rookie pool. Remember that we have over the 53 total and when those players get release that cost is added back into the cap. See the link:

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Either way on the number, that amount is accounted for when we see the current cap numbers. Spotrac shows a different number for the pool, but they break it down differently and it appears to both show the came cap numbers.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson