Keim press conference is coming up on youtube

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Complete chickenbleep answer. Complete copout. I get he doesn't want to admit his gross incompetence, but basically "every legal way to acquire a player is a possible way to fill this need" is LAME. A gaping roster hole--a pair of gaping roster holes--he idiotically allowed to happen, and this is the milquetoast answer we get. What a tool.

Ok...

Play Keim for a moment and give us the answer that would satisfy?

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
He will monitor the RB position? What does that mean? Wake up it is another hole you created.

I'm worried about the RB position too, hopefully Eno Benjamin shows enough in preseason to be the #3 RB. Do we bring back Det RB Adrian Peterson to be the #2 RB, he still has some gas in the tank or KC FA Damien Williams. I do think we draft a RB in first two rounds. We have too!!!

I was VERY disappointed in losing TE Dan Arnold. Young and seemingly getting better by the season, he was one of the better TE's we have seen in AZ since Jay Novacek in the 1980's LOL. I wish we could of kept him, he did get paid nicely by CAR.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The most frustrating part if the "Byron Murphy is a slot guy" line. He as a first round guy on their board and he can't play outside.

The board is the problem Steven.
It didn’t seem like he had much of a sense of urgency to do anything at the position; and it also felt like when he was asked about PP21 it was more reminiscing over his time here (comparing it to AW) as opposed to actively trying to keep him. Not sure I would’ve matched Minny’s 10mil, but it didn’t sound like he was banging on the door to keep him.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think along the lines of what he precisely should have done and let me in on the secret.

P.S. we're 6 months from the start of the season.

Would not be in a position we are in with no outside CB, RB and TE positions. You are defending the guy and keep asking everyone what they would do. Please enlighten us on his plan and be specific. We obviously can't figure out what he is doing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And you know that he was projected as a slot CB, a virtual full time position in today's game.
Being a nearly full time position doesn't take away that most teams' best receivers don't line up there still. We spent a premium pick to try to take away players who are the 2nd or 3rd best receiver on the team, while having no ability to cover the enormous guys on the outside who just absolutely take over games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Think along the lines of what he precisely should have done and let me in on the secret.

P.S. we're 6 months from the start of the season.
Hmm, a gm should be proactive and know what his plan is months, and even years ahead of time and adjust accordingly. Are you suggesting keim didn’t know the contractual facts and circumstances of his team?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And you know that he was projected as a slot CB, a virtual full time position in today's game.
Unless 60% suddenly has become the equivalent to 100%, a slot CB is about 40% less than a full time position.

Yes, I am also aware that he was projected as a CB who could play in the slot. However, when you take a player in the top 45 of a draft it is implied you are taking him because he is able to grow into something more than a sub-package role. Especially when you as the team drafting him state you had a first round grade on him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if it makes you feel any better:

John Schneider and John Lynch have the same issue Steve Keim does:

giant holes at CB on their respective rosters. They also appear to be pursuing the same strategy