Legal Tampering period thread and Free agency 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay. I’m more upset at the fact that once again we are in a position of weakness at a position. We might have been able to retain Arnold for half that price had he been offered a deal mid season. Would you have been happy if Arnold was on our roster for 1.7m? Do we not take in consideration he is 26 years old and could improve?

And you know he'd have accepted that offer, how?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golliday to the Giants

4 years. $72 million

$40 million guaranteed

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Live look at Keim this weekend

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you know he'd have accepted that offer, how?
Last year of a contract , covid and a chance to pocket a couple of Million for who I believe was a UDFA and 26 years old? Ya, not sure but we’ll never know.
In 2010 the Bears let Greg Olsen walk. His stats that year? 41 catches, 404 yards and 5 td’s. sound familiar? He was 25 years old at the time.

just saying.

Reaction score
cub, you wouldn’t get your panties in a bunch if they signed Ocho Cinco instead of AJ Green, finding a way to rationalize why he’d be good for the team at this point.

But hey... if you want to keep deluding yourself that it was a good move to bring in an injury riddled 33 year old burned out WR as our one move so far to upgrade Kyler’s weapons on offense, more power to you.

You see I don't think it's our one move. You are right about Ocho though. He's kept himself in pretty good shape from what I've heard. ;)

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, that's actually a reasonable price. He was by far the best FA WR available, and is a true number 1.

lol... the most catches he’s ever had is 70 and one double digit TD season.... Has only played one full season in 4.... We get you like him but 70 catches one time in 4 years and one 11td season doesn’t make you a true #1 especially
In today’s pass happy nfl and pass happy offense he was in with Staffird at QB. If that’s a #1 he is a pretty pedestrian #1 comparatively around the league regardless of his YPC.... 18 million is too much... They overpayed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
lol... the most catches he’s ever had is 70 and one double digit TD season.... Has only played one full season in 4.... We get you like him but 70 catches one time in 4 years and one 11td season doesn’t make you a true #1 especially
In today’s pass happy nfl and pass happy offense he was in with Staffird at QB. If that’s a #1 he is a pretty pedestrian #1 comparatively around the league regardless of his YPC.... 18 million is too much... They overpayed.

Hopkins cap hit 2020: $12.5m

Green cap hit 2020: $3.5m

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If he stays healthy and has a consistent good QB I think your post will prove wrong. But I don’t say that with 100% certainty. He was the best receiver available this season though.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he stays healthy and has a consistent good QB I think your post will prove wrong. But I don’t say that with 100% certainty. He was the best receiver available this season though.

His 4 years of stats show he is what he is. According to many around here Stafford is the second coming of Peyton manning now that he’s with the Rams. He def had consistent QB play in Detroit in a pass happy offense. RBs have been invisible in Detroit for years. Yet the best he could do is 70 receptions one time? Not buying it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His 4 years of stats show he is what he is. According to many around here Stafford is the second coming of Peyton manning now that he’s with the Rams. He def had consistent QB play in Detroit in a pass happy offense. RBs have been invisible in Detroit for years. Yet the best he could do is 70 receptions one time? Not buying it.
He wasn’t a first round pick. He was a project to an extent coming outta college. Had he not had injuries all year last year I suspect he’d have two very good years with advancing stats outta four.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
DeSean Jackson Signs 1-Year Rams Contract After Eagles Release

"THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – The Los Angeles Rams announced today that they have agreed to terms with wide receiver DeSean Jackson on a one-year deal.

Jackson, 34, joins the the Rams after spending the last two seasons in Philadelphia. In 2020, he recorded 14 receptions for 236 yards and one touchdown in five games, missing most of the season due to an ankle injury..."

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year of a contract , covid and a chance to pocket a couple of Million for who I believe was a UDFA and 26 years old? Ya, not sure but we’ll never know.
In 2010 the Bears let Greg Olsen walk. His stats that year? 41 catches, 404 yards and 5 td’s. sound familiar? He was 25 years old at the time.

just saying.
Olson was the Bears #1 pick in 2007 from Miami who had more catches in 2 or his 4yrs in Chicago then Arnold's, the UDFA from Wisconsin-Platville, 51 career catches, and they traded him to Carolina for a 3rd, but yeah basically the same situation.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olson was the Bears #1 pick in 2007 from Miami who had more catches in 2 or his 4yrs in Chicago then Arnold's, the UDFA from Wisconsin-Platville, 51 career catches, and they traded him to Carolina for a 3rd, but yeah basically the same situation.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Safe to say the Bears under evaluated the talent of Olsen. It was a gaffe on there part and a trade they would not made.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The #Raiders agreed to terms with center of the future Andre James on a 3-year contract worth $12.5M, source said. He gets about $6M guaranteed. He had 1 year left, then was an RFA. Now, under contract through 2023. After LV traded Rodney Hudson, James cashes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.