Bears release CB Kyle Fuller- Signs with Broncos

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you get lucky. When you have to take the 4th or 5th guy out of desperation and not because that's the player you wanted, you may as well just be closing your eyes and drafting whoever you point at on ESPN.
Has nothing to do with luck. It has to do with evaluation. Does he fit the scheme? Athletic profile? Just like drafting the 1st WR doesn’t mean he’ll be the best WR from the class.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with luck. It has to do with evaluation. Does he fit the scheme? Athletic profile? Just like drafting the 1st WR doesn’t mean he’ll be the best WR from the class.
But picking the 4th or 5th one means you don’t actually get to pick the best one for your scheme or the one that most fits your desired athletic profile bc 3-4 of them have been selected before you even got to swing the bat. That’s why the whole “the first one picked isn’t always the best” argument fails. The first one picked means you had the full array to select from. Giving you the beat odds of success.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When you're not picking your guy first, your evaluation doesn't matter unless you get lucky and it just so happens everyone passed on the guy you evaluated best.

And since when can our scouts evaluate?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, what's upsetting is, we don't have the first 22 picks in the draft so we can get the best player for each position.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But picking the 4th or 5th one means you don’t actually get to pick the best one for your scheme or the one that most fits your desired athletic profile bc 3-4 of them have been selected before you even got to swing the bat. That’s why the whole “the first one picked isn’t always the best” argument fails. The first one picked means you had the full array to select from. Giving you the beat odds of success.
This isn't necessarily true.

The 1st CB taken overall might have the best skillset such as being good in all categories like Press Man/Off Man/Zone while the 4th CB taken could be great at Press Man while just being decent at Off Man and serviceable in zone. If you're a defense that runs Press Man a lot, that 4th CB taken might just entice you more than the 1st taken since he's greater in that area than the 1st. Jaycee Horn has been touted as the best Press Man CB in the class, but he has generally been ranked as the 3rd CB behind Patrick Surtain and Caleb Farley since they are a little bit more well rounded in the other non-Press Man areas.

Jeffrey Okudah was the 1st CB taken last draft, but had a horrific rookie season compared to his counterparts. His forte is playing Press Bail, but since Matt Patricia was a jackass, he had him playing up on the WR damn near all the time. Pretty much letting him die. If their new DC lets him actually play his game, he will most likely thrive.

Hell, the 1st CB taken in the past 4 drafts hasn't actually been the best CB from the class.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you're not picking your guy first, your evaluation doesn't matter unless you get lucky and it just so happens everyone passed on the guy you evaluated best.

And since when can our scouts evaluate?
Luck happens all the time in the draft. That's why it's called a crapshoot.

They can't, which is the problem.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was just yesterday someone was bashing my “negativity” because Fuller came available... as if he was going to sign with us.

I seriously don’t know what planet some of you guys live on sometimes.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even really want Adoree. I'm just disgusted. I just can already envision Keim saying he totally wanted the 4th or 5th CB on the board at #16 and that was the target all along, after we've been traded in front of 2-3 times.
This....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! So this is what Keim should be doing? With the results we’ve seen Guess he isn’t.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

The 1st CB taken overall might have the best skillset such as being good in all categories like Press Man/Off Man/Zone while the 4th CB taken could be great at Press Man while just being decent at Off Man and serviceable in zone. If you're a defense that runs Press Man a lot, that 4th CB taken might just entice you more than the 1st taken since he's greater in that area than the 1st. Jaycee Horn has been touted as the best Press Man CB in the class, but he has generally been ranked as the 3rd CB behind Patrick Surtain and Caleb Farley since they are a little bit more well rounded in the other non-Press Man areas.

Jeffrey Okudah was the 1st CB taken last draft, but had a horrific rookie season compared to his counterparts. His forte is playing Press Bail, but since Matt Patricia was a jackass, he had him playing up on the WR damn near all the time. Pretty much letting him die. If their new DC lets him actually play his game, he will most likely thrive.

Hell, the 1st CB taken in the past 4 drafts hasn't actually been the best CB from the class.

You mean drafting for need and settling for 4th or 5th best is really a clever ruse, and not just desperately drafting for need to cover for failings as a GM?

You must be registered for see images attach

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean drafting for need and settling for 4th or 5th best is really a clever ruse, and not just desperately drafting for need to cover for failings as a GM?

You must be registered for see images attach
Have do you even describe “need”? I feel it’s such a vague term.

The 4th or 5th positional player taken does not mean he’ll have the 4th or 5th best career from the group.

Also, the 4th or 5th positional player taken can still be better than other positional 1st player taken. Like Simmons & Wirfs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No, what I said was exactly true. Apparently you didn’t understand it because you’re still making the same argument. I’m not arguing who gets the beat cb where, I’m arguing the further down the list of players at a desired position you select the greater the likelihood you don’t get what you want bc you have less selection. Plain and simple.

let me simplify this for you:

there are 5 sodas: Pepsi, sprite, Dr Pepper, orange crush, and root beer. You like root beer, but you’re choosing 4th. I’m choosing 1st. Who has the better odds of getting root beer?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Have do you even describe “need”? I feel it’s such a vague term.

The 4th or 5th positional player taken does not mean he’ll have the 4th or 5th best career from the group.

Also, the 4th or 5th positional player taken can still be better than other positional 1st player taken. Like Simmons & Wirfs

Nah, you're just purposefully playing dumb to rile the board. Pretty transparent, really. Need? Having no starting CBs going into the draft. Song and dance your way to how that's a good idea. I'm waiting.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tre White was the 5th CB taken from his class & he has been better than the 1st:

DE
RB
WR
S
OLB
TE
OT
ILB

Also better than the CBs taken ahead of him with the exception of Marlon Humphrey.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, what I said was exactly true. Apparently you didn’t understand it because you’re still making the same argument. I’m not arguing who gets the beat cb where, I’m arguing the further down the list of players at a desired position you select the greater the likelihood you don’t get what you want bc you have less selection. Plain and simple.

let me simplify this for you:

there are 5 sodas: Pepsi, sprite, Dr Pepper, orange crush, and root beer. You like root beer, but you’re choosing 4th. I’m choosing 1st. Who has the better odds of getting root beer?
Nah, I understood it. That's been my argument all along and it's what the draft is all about. I think what you said is true to a certain point. Of course, the odds of the 13th ranked thing in one area being better than the 1st ranked thing is another area is quite slim. However, it depends on how strong the areas when compared to each other as a whole are.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, you're just purposefully playing dumb to rile the board. Pretty transparent, really. Need? Having no starting CBs going into the draft. Song and dance your way to how that's a good idea. I'm waiting.
It might just be Stout playing dumb. Are you? Idk. You clearly operate in a box you refuse to get out of and only think one way instead of multiple. I can't help that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Avoidance, thy name is DVontel.
Damn son, I can't do normal human life things?

What I said quite clear. What the results have been is quite clear. Stout, I don't think I can break it down for you anymore that I can.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
However, I mostly speaking from a draft scout prospective and less so a GM perspective.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nah, I understood it. That's been my argument all along and it's what the draft is all about. I think what you said is true to a certain point. Of course, the odds of the 13th ranked thing in one area being better than the 1st ranked thing is another area is quite slim. However, it depends on how strong the areas when compared to each other as a whole are.
That’s true. It also depends how close in ability the group you’re choosing from are as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Damn son, I can't do normal human life things?

What I said quite clear. What the results have been is quite clear. Stout, I don't think I can break it down for you anymore that I can.

Bro...they just want to doom and gloom.

What you are saying 100% makes sense.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim's treatment of the CB position could be considered malpractice at this point. What is this meathead doing? Word is he didn't like the FA's available...As opposed the crap we have? This guy needs to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose