Bickley Assessment Seems Sadly on Target

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Before we tear Bickley apart, it’s worth noting there are legitimate questions about Murray’s toughness. I can recall third downs where Murray chose to give himself up or go out of bounds rather than taking contact that might have resulted in a first down and extending the drive. Perhaps he was instructed to do so. I’ll grant the hat thing is silly and maybe just Murray being provocative. The way Bickley phrased the contact/injury issue was capricious, but vets, like Hudson, are not giving to sit through a game tape where they busted their butt and Murray doesn’t fight for the first. I’m not saying Murray should try running over people but he could clearly have made a try that would have produced minimal contact with his elusiveness.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I can recall third downs where Murray chose to give himself up or go out of bounds rather than taking contact that might have resulted in a first down and extending the drive.

there is no question he avoids contact

i also remember a third down vs the Dolphins where he lowered his shoulder to get a first down and got drilled

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
And that was the play that had him hurt the rest of the season. The splits are clear
yep

that one tweaked it (he played really well the next week vs Buffalo)

i think Seattle 2 game actually hurt it

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For the record, I do not like seeing our uber talented hobbit getting hit either. Look, if he's getting hit... the play went wrong or it's the wrong play because he plays QB and not RB :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before we tear Bickley apart, it’s worth noting there are legitimate questions about Murray’s toughness. I can recall third downs where Murray chose to give himself up or go out of bounds rather than taking contact that might have resulted in a first down and extending the drive. Perhaps he was instructed to do so. I’ll grant the hat thing is silly and maybe just Murray being provocative. The way Bickley phrased the contact/injury issue was capricious, but vets, like Hudson, are not giving to sit through a game tape where they busted their butt and Murray doesn’t fight for the first. I’m not saying Murray should try running over people but he could clearly have made a try that would have produced minimal contact with his elusiveness.

I'm surprised you read Bickley. This is not someone I read for news.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only quarterback I want to see get hit is our opponent.

Hey , 4th down, game on the line is a different and isolated circumstance. Not 3 rd and 10 on your own 15 yard line in the first quarter.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not everyone embraces getting hit by speedy linebackers like Andrew Luck. Maybe it’s why he retired early?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Once-upon-a-time there was a big strapping QB by the name of Andrew Luck viewed by many as a future great. He had it all - size, arm strength, touch and for a big man quite fleet of foot.

Now, kids, before we go on you should know that this is a sad, cautionary tale of brawn over brain because Andrew, intelligent thou he was, had a macho side that impressed Monday morning QBs until "Luck" ran out.

Etc., etc., etc.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not an insider or beat writer. He says a lot of things most valley media wouldn’t touch with a 10 ft pole. For a big market city we have the softest sports media.

I'm not a huge fan of reading for opinion. I mostly read content from beat writers or those who have some inside connection to breaking news.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can read an opinion but if there is a logical reasoning behind

There are some posters on the forum who I enjoy reading for informed opinion.

I don't like to read articles that tend to inflame readers.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are some posters on the forum who I enjoy reading for informed opinion.

I don't like to read articles that tend to inflame readers.

Right
But u know the Arizona media are called soft, it's a pity the only one singing outside the choir he is just flaming instead of raising valid questions

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Once-upon-a-time there was a big strapping QB by the name of Andrew Luck viewed by many as a future great. He had it all - size, arm strength, touch and for a big man quite fleet of foot.

Now, kids, before we go on you should know that this is a sad, cautionary tale of brawn over brain because Andrew, intelligent thou he was, had a macho side that impressed Monday morning QBs until "Luck" ran out.

Etc., etc., etc.
You could use wentz and Cam Newton as examples

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right
But u know the Arizona media are called soft, it's a pity the only one singing outside the choir he is just flaming instead of raising valid questions

I tend to sift for facts from the media rather than fluff so if if the content is there I'm satisfied. A lot of the good stuff I get from information presented on this forum. I do not read to get irritated.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of reading for opinion. I mostly read content from beat writers or those who have some inside connection to breaking news.

Teams are their own information outlet now. I couldn’t tell you the Suns current beat writer for instance.

I remember reading Kent Somers and Paul Coro a while back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave