Timberwolves @ Suns Thursday game thread 3-18-2021

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone still think it's not possible for the Suns to miss the playoffs? If they continue to play the same way they have in 2 of the last 3 games, I guarantee you they will miss the playoffs.

yes I think it’s impossible.

jazz lost to the wizards tonight too. These bad losses happen to everyone.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Cant turn the ball over 20+ times and expect to win. Hopefully Cam Johnson returns soon, I think our offense is missing his shooting and our defense is missing his IQ.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes I think it’s impossible.

jazz lost to the wizards tonight too. These bad losses happen to everyone.

no stop. This is clearly a problem with THIS team. 8 of our 13 losses we’ve given up a double digit lead and our losses to bad teams continue to pile. Up this team has a legit focus issue

stop ignoring it. Good teams don’t blow double digit leads like this.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cant turn the ball over 20+ times and expect to win. Hopefully Cam Johnson returns soon, I think our offense is missing his shooting and our defense is missing his IQ.

When Crowder is not hitting threes he becomes a liability.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Timberwolves 123 - Suns 119

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plan was for Dario to miss the second free throw.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Crowder is not hitting threes he becomes a liability.

When Crowder starts against mediocre opponents, he's often a liability. We won all those games with Frank starting in part because he played fairly well most nights but also because he wasn't out there killing us with questionable defense and poor shooting. Crowder is a winner and we're going to love having him in the playoffs but his mediocre play against the worst of the league has hampered us several times this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let’s call it what it was:

book was incredible until the fourth quarter when he played like doo doo

Ayton got clowned all night long. His vaunted DPOY ability is gone. So is rebounding. And his scoring. And his hands are the worst in the league.

turnovers have become a problem for this team lately. And they seem to be really careless or stupid turnovers, like a lot of jumping the air without an idea what you’re going to do with it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well just had a sorrow bong hit :(

No way suns get swept by wolves? Right

Zzz gonna suck tonight

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Crowder starts against mediocre opponents, he's often a liability. We won all those games with Frank starting in part because he played fairly well most nights but also because he wasn't out there killing us with questionable defense and poor shooting. Crowder is a winner and we're going to love having him in the playoffs but his mediocre play against the worst of the league has hampered us several times this season.

I'm not going to give Crowder a pass against mediocre opponents. These games are important. I don't like the Suns being dependent upon a player being hot from three point land to win.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to give Crowder a pass against mediocre opponents. These games are important. I don't like the Suns being dependent upon a player being hot from three point land to win.

I'm not giving him a pass at all. I just think it's obvious what he does to that starting lineup when he's not playing with his motor racing but for some reason Monty starts him anyway despite having Frank (11-2 as a starter) on the bench. And I don't see quite the same level of inconsistency from Jae when he comes in off the bench (even against weaker teams).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather see Frank starting than Crowder.

Never in my life did I expect to WANT Frank Kaminski starting for this team, but the just play better with Rotations that made more sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not giving him a pass at all. I just think it's obvious what he does to that starting lineup when he's not playing with his motor racing but for some reason Monty starts him anyway despite having Frank (11-2 as a starter) on the bench. And I don't see quite the same level of inconsistency from Jae when he comes in off the bench (even against weaker teams).

When Crowder is hitting threes the Suns generally play well. When he is not, the Suns struggle. In the playoffs the problem will be magnified. Suns need more options when they are cold from three and Ayton gets into foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather see Frank starting than Crowder.

Never in my life did I expect to WANT Frank Kaminski starting for this team, but the just play better with Rotations that made more sense.

I like Frank Kaminsky and he has given the Suns a tremendous boost but the Suns need a better starting power forward. Crowder runs hot and cold from three.

I do think the addition of Craig will help on defense. The Suns could have used him tonight.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no stop. This is clearly a problem with THIS team. 8 of our 13 losses we’ve given up a double digit lead and our losses to bad teams continue to pile. Up this team has a legit focus issue

stop ignoring it. Good teams don’t blow double digit leads like this.

It’s a problem, but last I checked these crap teams don’t make the playoffs, so all it is affecting is our seeding.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched this one from a bar with no sound on, but that is the most disjointed we've looked all season. Turnovers galore. Cam Johnson can't comeback soon enough, those swiss army knife players who do a bit of everything are indispensable.

It's hard to sweep a team in a back to back, no matter how bad they are, but I expected we'd have to sweat game 2. We better run them out of the gym tomorrow.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched this one from a bar with no sound on, but that is the most disjointed we've looked all season. Turnovers galore. Cam Johnson can't comeback soon enough, those swiss army knife players who do a bit of everything are indispensable.

It's hard to sweep a team in a back to back, no matter how bad they are, but I expected we'd have to sweat game 2. We better run them out of the gym tomorrow.

It's a bad loss no matter how you cut it but this isn't quite the horrible Wolves team that earned their current record.

With Towns finally into shape and their rookie Edwards getting more comfortable they've played decently since the All Star break. They blew out the Pelicans on the road, split 2 close home games with Portland and went into the 4th quarter only down by 9 against the Lakers. But like you, I was more worried about keeping our focus in the 2nd game than I was about winning the first one.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We got nothing outta Ayton and Saric... hard to win when your bigs come up empty for an entire game.
And KAT and Edwards each go for 40+... first time in Suns history we’ve allowed two guys to do that.
Ugliness all around...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got nothing outta Ayton and Saric... hard to win when your bigs come up empty for an entire game.
And KAT and Edwards each go for 40+... first time in Suns history we’ve allowed two guys to do that.
Ugliness all around...

Suns were sloppy with 22 turnovers and got outworked by the opponent. They also didn't get the usual production from their bench. I thought Ayton played relatively well but he has trouble getting into foul trouble. When that happens the Suns don't have much inside scoring or interior defense. Suns defense was porous all night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's one of those games where the Timberwolves are outworking the Suns like the Pacers game.

Forgive me for quoting myself but I think it tells a story. This is one of my comments from the second quarter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA