Will go as far as a running back takes us - like always

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea yea yea - and yea
No offensive coordinator, no run game coordinator, RB coach Saxon seems about as far as KK is willing to go toward a running game staff.

Oh no running backs either now? Chase isn’t a bell cow for cards or any other team for that matter. Yet through the 66% plus passing since Denny Green left - we only win when we have an effective run game, edge, Beanie, CJ, DJ, Drake. KYLER MURRY

you want to get the most out of KM, get defenses out of the kill Kyler mode, like the bounty hunter saints was in the kill Kurt mode and ended his career right in front of us, with 10 stupid run calls in the 2009 playoff game. Not to mention the 10 stupid run calls in our only super bowl after after edge lead the worst team entering the playoffs - through the playoffs!

I know some are still sick of me pointing out the obvious, as cards staffs prove it year in and decade out. Play action, run- pass option- need a damn run game, in this offense we need a stud, better rb then anybody else needs, cause he hasn’t any staff support, is not prioritized in training camp or game plans, just kind of a hooded or dismissed. Makes me sick to my fan hood.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/free-agent-primer-2021-running-back

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
feel free to look at a stat or two every once in a while... Cards finished 7th in rushing yards but thats not all that important. Bucs were almost dead last in rushing yards (28th) and won the SB... just need to move the ball however possible

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yea yea yea - and yea
No offensive coordinator, no run game coordinator, RB coach Saxon seems about as far as KK is willing to go toward a running game staff.

Sean Patrick Kugler is an American football coach who is the run game coordinator and offensive line coach for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why pay for a RB in free agency when you can get one just as productive, with less wear and tear, in the draft. WR position is becoming alot like this too. With as good as the WR's are coming out of college these days, why spend big FA money when you can probably draft a guy just as good or better.

If the Cards were to somehow pull of acquiring Kendall Fuller, I bet they go RB/WR or WR/RB in rounds 1-2. Travis Etienne or Najee Harris in round 1 with Rashod Bateman or Rondelle Moore in round 2.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wrong that this staff does not want to run the ball and this offense was electric when we could and stale when we could not, which was part of Kilff's learning curve. Right that we absolutely need a capable back. Yeah, I would draft the best during the first round which is not different than the signings of vets for our QB's rookie contract window and probably less chance that Keim could botch that from the top two backs which might be available... again, yeah I know with capable drafting you do not want to spend one in the first with a limited shelf life for the position, but this is Keim drafting, a window of opportunity, and running backs actually do have to have some ability to be productive and just can't plug in anyone thinking it's automatic

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Why pay for a RB in free agency when you can get one just as productive, with less wear and tear, in the draft. WR position is becoming alot like this too. With as good as the WR's are coming out of college these days, why spend big FA money when you can probably draft a guy just as good or better.

If the Cards were to somehow pull of acquiring Kendall Fuller, I bet they go RB/WR or WR/RB in rounds 1-2. Travis Etienne or Najee Harris in round 1 with Rashod Bateman or Rondelle Moore in round 2.
We would still need two CBs, so that would have to have to be RB/CB or CB/RB. We've backed ourselves into quite the corner in the draft. Our needs are going to be glaringly apparent, and we're only going to have two shots at them.

(Please don't peddle the idea that we're going to get genuine production out of a 5th or 7th round pick, people. Not directed at you, Cbus, just in general.)

That said, I don't anticipate this team making a move at RB until after the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose