What’s left? RB and CB

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem is, you can't fill TWO starting CB spots in the draft.
In theory you could. If ARZ can land Horn & Newsome Jr, they are arguable 2 of the Top 5 CB's in draft and could start Day 1. Its not the optimal situation but the bigger concern would be depth. Alford is a walking injury and the other CB's on roster belong in AFL.

That is why I am hoping Keim can land Fuller & one of Jackson / Rhodes / King that way you can draft either Horn or Newsome ad work them in slowly and use the other of the 1st two picks on a pass rusher or WR.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Maybe we should start Kyler at RB - he does most of it anyway. Offensive coordinator and rb coordinator might be nice also- I mean if a team was serious about a run game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In theory you could. If ARZ can land Horn & Newsome Jr, they are arguable 2 of the Top 5 CB's in draft and could start Day 1. Its not the optimal situation but the bigger concern would be depth. Alford is a walking injury and the other CB's on roster belong in AFL.

That is why I am hoping Keim can land Fuller & one of Jackson / Rhodes / King that way you can draft either Horn or Newsome ad work them in slowly and use the other of the 1st two picks on a pass rusher or WR.

Opponent's QBs would eat that secondary for lunch. Even if they both are future starting quality CBs, starting two rookies at one position is not a good idea.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised we havent picked up a backup QB after that abomination Streveler put on the field.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised we havent picked up a backup QB after that abomination Streveler put on the field.
Any backup QB we put out there against the Rams D with our IOL would look like crap. Let’s hope Hudson helps change that tune.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Some thoughts:

If we sign James Conner I may cancel my Sunday Ticket.
Streveler Sucks.
Kyle Fuller would be great and would be what an "All In" team would do.
Adoree Would be great also.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Streveler put up one of the worst performances I have ever watched. LOTS of QBs would do better than he did.
Yes, lots of starting QB’s. Maybe a handful of backups. Tough to do anything when the team couldn’t run a lick & it's a jail break up the middle on EVERY pass play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, lots of starting QB’s. Maybe a handful of backups. Tough to do anything when the team couldn’t run a lick & it's a jail break up the middle on EVERY pass play.
Doubling down in streveler defense. Bold move cotton let’s see if it pays off.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind folks is that we will not likely sign bottom level free agents until after the second Tuesday following the NFL draft unless the player was cut. Maybe likely is a poor term. We shouldn't because doing so impacts our compensatory pick formula.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I agree Strevler looked awful last year, I am not one in favor of spending big bucks on a backup QB.

If they have to take the field you are screwed unless your run game and defense are top notch. That is not a description of the Cardinals team next season.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I agree Strevler looked awful last year, I am not one in favor of spending big bucks on a backup QB.

If they have to take the field you are screwed unless your run game and defense are top notch. That is not a description of the Cardinals team next season.
I don't wanna spend big bucks but we can't roll with streveler again

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RB’s
Chris Carson
Phillip Lindsay
Duke Johnson
James Conner
James White

CB’s
Adoree Jackson
Malcolm Butler
Richard Sherman
Xavier Rhodes
K’Waun Williams
Desmond King
Bashaud Breeland
Quinton Dunbar
Casey Hayward
I'm confusied. I thought Sherman was available, but someone posted that he was signed by NO. Which is it?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think with Murray running, some degree of injury is inevitable. I think Hundley is fine but obviously Kingsbury doesn’t like him. I’m confident this roster can win some games with a QB that doesn’t lose the game. That means a decent, mobile vet QB should be signed. Strevler is not that guy. I have no idea what was going through Kingsbury’s mind last year, but it wasn’t productive.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think with Murray running, some degree of injury is inevitable. I think Hundley is fine but obviously Kingsbury doesn’t like him. I’m confident this roster can win some games with a QB that doesn’t lose the game. That means a decent, mobile vet QB should be signed. Strevler is not that guy. I have no idea what was going through Kingsbury’s mind last year, but it wasn’t productive.
Harry I heard somewhere that Hundley had some off the field issues.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gambo said ARZ didn't like the CB's available at start of FA, was Keim's plan to wait for cuts like Fuller, Nelson & Jackson?

If so, he better come away with someone.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry I heard somewhere that Hundley had some off the field issues.
About a year ago his ex-wife alleged abuse from 2016, I believe. Hundley counter sued. They seemed to have resolved the dispute which showed up right after Hundley signed a $1 mil contract. If was never substantiated enough for the NFL to take any action.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson