MCU: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This article was two weeks ago but I missed it. I’d definitely be on board.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dumb idea. Anchor a tv series for one boring character and another with little to no development in the current run of movies.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess this kills the idea the Winter Soldier is the next Captain America. That was the hottest rumor but evidently that's not happening if they are doing this. Plus now there was a new rumor out there via the Russo's that Cap may not be done yet....whatever that means.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I guess this kills the idea the Winter Soldier is the next Captain America. That was the hottest rumor but evidently that's not happening if they are doing this. Plus now there was a new rumor out there via the Russo's that Cap may not be done yet....whatever that means.

Not really. This is a TV property, so it could be different than the movies, or happen in the interstitial time between the movies. They're good at this kind of thing in comic properties.

And I hadn't heard that about Cap. Interesting. Maybe Evans is itching to keep those paychecks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. This is a TV property, so it could be different than the movies, or happen in the interstitial time between the movies. They're good at this kind of thing in comic properties.

And I hadn't heard that about Cap. Interesting. Maybe Evans is itching to keep those paychecks.

Not with Marvel. It’s all connected unlike DC. Also, Winter soldier was out of commission in the movies. There is no in between extended time frame that this series could take place.

That’s why I connected this and the rumor but who knows.

Stout

Reaction score
Not with Marvel. It’s all connected unlike DC. Also, Winter soldier was out of commission in the movies. There is no in between extended time frame that this series could take place.

That’s why I connected this and the rumor but who knows.

#1--Yes, it could take place in interstitial times, which means the in between times, not an extended time frame. Like Agent Carter, it doesn't have to take place in the present EU time.

#2--It's Disney streaming, not their ABC network stuff, so they could absolutely decide it isn't connected, though I agree that is less likely.

#3--Agent Carter was so effing superior to Agents of SHIELD, which tanked for me after a season 1 1/2-2 seasons, that it isn't even funny.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1--Yes, it could take place in interstitial times, which means the in between times, not an extended time frame. Like Agent Carter, it doesn't have to take place in the present EU time.

#2--It's Disney streaming, not their ABC network stuff, so they could absolutely decide it isn't connected, though I agree that is less likely.

#3--Agent Carter was so effing superior to Agents of SHIELD, which tanked for me after a season 1 1/2-2 seasons, that it isn't even funny.

What I meant was there isn’t any time frame in the current events that the series could take place based on the events in the movies. Assuming the series would last a few seasons it doesn’t align fo that extended period of time.

There is little chance Disney goes the DC direction. The DCMU has been a mess thanks to the disconnected universes. I would be shocked if Disney messes with their formula.

There is always time travel I guess!

Stout

Reaction score
What I meant was there isn’t any time frame in the current events that the series could take place based on the events in the movies. Assuming the series would last a few seasons it doesn’t align fo that extended period of time.

There is little chance Disney goes the DC direction. The DCMU has been a mess thanks to the disconnected universes. I would be shocked if Disney messes with their formula.

There is always time travel I guess!

I don't know what you mean in saying there isn't any possible time. Of course there is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean in saying there isn't any possible time. Of course there is.

Based on the events of the movies there isn’t any time period that would allow for example 3 to 5 years for the two characters to be running around together.

If so, when would that be exactly based on the theatrical timeline?

Stout

Reaction score
Based on the events of the movies there isn’t any time period that would allow for example 3 to 5 years for the two characters to be running around together.

If so, when would that be exactly based on the theatrical timeline?

3 to 5 years? Where'd you come up with that ridiculous number. The article quoted the creative guy as viewing it as a quick buddy cop movie kind of concept.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 to 5 years? Where'd you come up with that ridiculous number. The article quoted the creative guy as viewing it as a quick buddy cop movie kind of concept.

Link above:

"The plan is to create series based around Marvel Cinematic Universe characters who have yet to have their own standalone movies"

and

"Each season will run six to eight episodes".

and

"Disney is also developing a third series".

Series doesn't say movie to me at all. I guess you could have a limited run that is a weeky in time or something. Seems to be unclear but series usually means over some period of time and not days or weeks. :shrug:

I guess we will have to wait and see but I will put money on it's a further adventures type thing post the next movie.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Link above:

"The plan is to create series based around Marvel Cinematic Universe characters who have yet to have their own standalone movies"

and

"Each season will run six to eight episodes".

and

"Disney is also developing a third series".

Series doesn't say movie to me at all. I guess you could have a limited run that is a weeky in time or something. Seems to be unclear but series usually means over some period of time and not days or weeks. :shrug:

I guess we will have to wait and see but I will put money on it's a further adventures type thing post the next movie.

I didn't say MOVIE; I said movie kind of CONCEPT. Here's what the article directly said about it:

...whenever the subject came up. Stan has even described his idea for a Falcon/Winter Soldier movie as a buddy comedy film: “To me, it’s like Martin Brest film classic, Midnight Run, you know. It’s really just sort of in my head, like, 48 Hours or a buddy comedy from the ’80s or the ’90s. That’s how I see it.” Who knows what Disney and Feige’s plan for the series actually is.

Who says a season has to run 3 to 5 YEARS? An entire season of TV can encompass just one day (24), so it spanning just a 2-day stretch, or a week, isn't outside of the realm of possibility. And if it runs past one season, you know, there will be more movies by the with more down time to exploit.

All this arguing against me is a catch-22 for you, though. If it happens, it WILL--by your words--fit in with the EU. So you're already admitting it's possible. I don't get what the fuss is on your end.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New trailer out yesterday. Looks awesome. I have a feeling the chemistry between them and the story will be so good they could continue with them for a very long time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
New trailer out yesterday. Looks awesome. I have a feeling the chemistry between them and the story will be so good they could continue with them for a very long time.
So this is a show and not a movie for sure?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems weird but Sebastian Stan's character feels like it hasn't gotten the screen time it deserves since Winter Soldier. This looks pretty damn good compared to the teaser trailer.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Kinda dreading this one. I feel we will be endlessly frustrated by the stupidity and/or outright nonsensical decisions of the government officials in this one. A “fight the system” series, where the best downs to get heroes come early and often from the bureaucratic machine. But also super excited to dive in. Wishing thus was a binge-able format, rather than be a weekly...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 1 is 48 minutes with credits included. So far there has been a few cool cameos and a solid action sequence. I'm only 15 minutes in and have no complaints.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
43 minutes when the credits started. Solid introductory episode. Lots of world building but not done in a way that feels repetitive with Far From Home and WandaVision both dealing with a post Blip MCU. Like I said there are some fun cameos early on. Episode ends at frustrating part but that's expected to get people to tune in next week.

No complaints thus far outside of I wish we got 2 episodes like WandaVision dropped in week 1 but I believe this season is only 6 episodes so I can understand why they went with only 1.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely a slow burn, but I liked it! Looked and felt perfect. Love these characters and can't wait for them to share the screen.

BTW, no post credit scenes at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose