Deflated with this offseason

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We were 8-8 and had atleast 5 games you could easily say we could have won. Seattle on the road. Last 2 and Detroit and New England. Heck change 2 of them and were 10-6. We are not that far off.

If my aunt had balls...

We were 8-8 and benefited from a hail mary! We have 2 must win games against one of the worst teams in football and a guy starting his FIRST NFL GAME and we lost. We couldn't even make it in an expanded field!

Oh, and our schedule is harder this year. If our roster isn't upgraded, and if Kyler doesn't take the leap, it'll be year 6 in a row.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm amped about Rodney Hudson, but no one expected him to be available, and just when he was about to be cut, somehow we had to give up a 3rd round pick. That's the highlight.

AJ Green is uninspiring.
Those of our own we kept are pretty uninspiring.
We've completely whiffed on CB, and our defense is going to be atrocious in 2021.
With five draft picks, and only two in the first two days, this team will continue to have a bare cupboard at talent at or under the age of 25.

I don't know that we can make any moves with what's left to make me feel any better about where we are at the end of today.

I'm calling my shot now - Keim and Kliff aren't here next year, and we're in full rebuild mode.

We're barely 1/2 a mile down the road of a 10 mile journey

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We're barely 1/2 a mile down the road of a 10 mile journey
Really? We have what, $3.5 million in cap room left? I know we can restructure, but that's just kicking the can down the road to hamstring a future GM and new head coach unless this gambit turns into a deep playoff run.

We're terrible at CB, and the options are terrible. We have two meaningful draft picks.

We're at least at the halfway point of the offseason in terms of truly impactful acquisitions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is VERY early in Free Agency still. I won't be upset until they go off to camp without adequately fixing these problems.

AJ Green is the biggest question mark, but I could see this signing really paying off too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Really? We have what, $3.5 million in cap room left? I know we can restructure, but that's just kicking the can down the road to hamstring a future GM and new head coach unless this gambit turns into a deep playoff run.

We're terrible at CB, and the options are terrible. We have two meaningful draft picks.

We're at least at the halfway point of the offseason in terms of truly impactful acquisitions.

The options at corner are about what there was a few days ago. Bashaud Breeland is about on par with Shaq Griffin and Patrick Peterson. The only good corner was William Jackson, and even he is debatable.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just one more thing about being deflated... I'm sad that we have so few picks, even if it's the right football move. The NFL draft is one of my favorite times of the year, because my dad and I always have shared it as a big weekend event, and normally watch the whole thing together. Now past round 2, I may as well make other plans for myself.
Agreed. Draft days are some of my favorite days of the year. Having three rounds with no picks will be a bummer from a personal viewing perspective.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were 8-8 and had atleast 5 games you could easily say we could have won. Seattle on the road. Last 2 and Detroit and New England. Heck change 2 of them and were 10-6. We are not that far off.
But there were also a bunch we could’ve easily lost too. So the truth is, we were close to being anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4. Which is nuts, but I’ll bet there are a bunch of teams every season that fall into that position. Unless you’re dreadful or awesome many teams have large amounts of single score games which could swing in either direction. We had 8 last year and they were evenly split (so I don’t get where you 5 we could’ve won, it should be 4).

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there anyone who really thought this team had a shot at the Super Bowl next year (before OR even after the draft and FA)?

I would love some of what you are smoking.

LOL

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone who really thought this team had a shot at the Super Bowl next year (before OR even after the draft and FA)?

I would love some of what you are smoking.

LOL

You must have missed the memo bro.... We got Kyler Murray...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
So the truth is, we were close to being anywhere from 4-12 to 12-4. Which is nuts, but I’ll bet there are a bunch of teams every season that fall into that position.

8-8 is an accurate measure of the 2020 team. Finishing with a +43 point differential does puts an upward bias on that 8-8.

by comparison, the Raiders were 8-8, but had a -44 point differential.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If my aunt had balls...

We were 8-8 and benefited from a hail mary! We have 2 must win games against one of the worst teams in football and a guy starting his FIRST NFL GAME and we lost. We couldn't even make it in an expanded field!

Oh, and our schedule is harder this year. If our roster isn't upgraded, and if Kyler doesn't take the leap, it'll be year 6 in a row.

we also won a crazy game against Seattle that had our win probability at less than 10% twice in the last five minutes of regulation and in the last two minutes of OT.

you are what you’re record says you are.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards trade a 3rd for one of the best centers in the league.

ASFN: This is a nightmare.

PP21 plays for us. ASFN: Big Puss sucks.
PP21 goes elsewhere. ASFN. This is a nightmare.

ASFN: Kyler needs more WR options. Isabella sucks. Cards sign AJ Green. ASFN: He sucks! Give Isabella a shot.

LMAO

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We can kick the can down the road while Kyler is on his rookie deal to try make a run in this window.

Plus the cap is going to shoot up in 2023.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Still @Solar7 deflated?
Yes.

We can kick the can down the road while Kyler is on his rookie deal to try make a run in this window.

Plus the cap is going to shoot up in 2023.
Kyler's gonna get paid next year most likely. The window is about to shut.

ASFN: Kyler needs more WR options. Isabella sucks. Cards sign AJ Green. ASFN: He sucks! Give Isabella a shot.

LMAO
I never once trashed PP and called him "Big Puss." Also, AJ Green can be washed and Isabella can still suck. I'd cut Isabella if he were costing us anything at all. At this point, he fills a roster spot we don't have more money to fill. Maybe he can work in the cafeteria or clean the weights.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

LMAO
Lol gaslighting is lame!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just one more thing about being deflated... I'm sad that we have so few picks, even if it's the right football move. The NFL draft is one of my favorite times of the year, because my dad and I always have shared it as a big weekend event, and normally watch the whole thing together. Now past round 2, I may as well make other plans for myself.
I hear ya bro but at the same time, even having so few picks if the right trades are made by using those picks & we have an amazing season, I'll gladly find something else to do lol. I have my own men's softball team, one of the best in Louisville, I coach & play, keeps me young. We play tournament ball from April through November so I'll be plenty busy with that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler's gonna get paid next year most likely. The window is about to shut.

They can extend him next year but the new money won't kick in until after his 4th season (maybe his 5th if they use the option).

Reaction score
Just one of the many things Roger Goodell has totally screwed up!

Of course someone will comment about how the draft in its current configuration brings in more viewership; i.e. - money; than ever, and how the owners fully support the moves Goodell has made. . . blah, blah, blah. And my response, IDGAFF, because the changes made under Goodell's leadership may be good for revenue, but they haven't been good for the game nor the hardcore NFL fan!
:soapbox:

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score

LMAO

Nah, I think most people here love the Hudson trade and don't mind that PP left. I agree that most of us are questioning the AJ Green signing, although personally I'm not that upset since at least the team has made an effort to address the need.