Ian Rapoport: From looking on the outside in, Arizona pushing all their chips on table

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And other than a couple brief dalliances with good play his consternation has pretty much been warranted by the results,no? I mean what further validation does he need other a general record of putridity and mediocrity?

Right which means, it seems like his default, no matter what, is to be negative and he will usually be right no matter what.

Remember the doom and gloom when the Cardinals didn't sign Linsley?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate the notion that we are 'all in' on this season. we still have too many holes and not enough talent to consider ourselves all in.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except the Cardinals haven't been bringing in special teams players and solid backups like Coach Mac did....they've brought in guys who have been elite at their positions in the past.

I can't really take your consternation seriously, because I've seen you act like this pretty much every year for two decades.

lol. Okay Krang. I’ll guess we’ll see what happens this year. I hope you’re right.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right which means, it seems like his default, no matter what, is to be negative and he will usually be right no matter what.

Again your broad strokes aren’t accurate. They’re hyperbole. For instance I know he’s happy with Hudson. Doesn’t make linsley any less a swing and a miss. There was never any guarantee that Hudson would become available. So at the time of losing linsley, yeah it looked bleak on the C front. The talk then was signing a 35 year old Mack.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uh, do YOU remember that? I literally never said a bad word about Linsley because I didn’t think we’d sign him.

in fact, somewhere yesterday, I said I expected a big trade was coming after other OL options were off the board.

my big issues this off-season have been relying on often injured older players and our allocation of cap and resources at one OLB position. I still expect us to challenge for the playoffs. How that is doom and gloom is beyond me.

also, I thought last offseason was great and expected us to be a playoff contender.

I also threw whatever support I still had in The Rosen One overboard immediately when the Kyler talk started. Not when we drafted him, but the moment I.T became clear they were even thinking about him. Hell, I didn’t even freak out when they made the KK hire. I figured well at least we’re taking a huge swing, who knows if it’ll work.

but paint me in whatever way you want.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again your broad strokes aren’t accurate. They’re hyperbole. For instance I know he’s happy with Hudson. Doesn’t make linsley any less a swing and a miss. There was never any guarantee that Hudson would become available. So at the time of losing linsley, yeah it looked bleak on the C front. The talk then was signing a 35 year old Mack.

My point was the Darksiders as a whole were acting that way, not you or your brother specifically.

There is more than ONE path to having a successful offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh, do YOU remember that? I literally never said a bad word about Linsley because I didn’t think we’d sign him.

in fact, somewhere yesterday, I said I expected a big trade was coming after other OL options were off the board.

my big issues this off-season have been relying on often injured older players and our allocation of cap and resources at one OLB position. I still expect us to challenge for the playoffs. How that is doom and gloom is beyond me.

also, I thought last offseason was great and expected us to be a playoff contender.

I also threw whatever support I still had in The Rosen One overboard immediately when the Kyler talk started. Not when we drafted him, but the moment I.T became clear they were even thinking about him. Hell, I didn’t even freak out when they made the KK hire. I figured well at least we’re taking a huge swing, who knows if it’ll work.

I don't have to paint you.....I have around 20 years of reading to know what you say on here.

You guys freak out like this EVERY offseason.....what happens when the Cardinals sign Kyle Fuller later today?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've said it elsewhere, but the Cardinals are going to have close to $50 million in cap space next offseason, and if you look at how the cap actually decreased this year and the fact that the NFL is currently looking for a broadcast deal that might be DOUBLE the prior broadcast deal, the Cardinals might have a staggering amount of money to spend next season, maybe in upwards of $80 million if you correct for the previous caps and tack on a healthy growth.
This is said every year recently, and then people seem to ignore that because we have next to zero young drafted talent, we still have 23 roster spots just to get to a 53 man roster with that $50 million. And like a 95% chance we have to extend Kyler. And we're only going to draft about 2-3 guys this year that will be likely to make the roster in 2022.

Every hole in our roster is going to have to be filled by free agents... again. And as Keim continues to kick the can down the road, eventually we're going to have to get a new GM to press the reset button on this nonsense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have to paint you.....I have around 20 years of reading to know what you say on here.

You guys freak out like this EVERY offseason.....what happens when the Cardinals sign Kyle Fuller later today?

so, you’re just going to ignore the BS you just made up about me freaking out over Linsley? Or the way I thought last off-season was great? Okay.

as far as Kyle Fuller, huh? Have you seen me flip out about losing Peterson or not filling those spots yet? Uh... no. if we signed him, I’ll be excited. Just like I was Hudson. You’re acting like I’m end of the worlding over PP, who I wished good riddance on. Again, I literally haven’t said a negative word about our CB situation because there’s options out there and the draft so I have no idea what you’re getting at with the Kyle Fuller thing.

But if repeatedly attacking me/making up stuff about what I’ve said makes you feel better, keep doing you.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what "all in" means. Shouldn't Bidwill/Keim be "all in" every season? It is perplexing how this team is such a perennial loser/disappointment. It was "they need a new stadium" because they can't win at SDS. So, the new stadium is built and, I think, they have had a winning season in about 1/3 of the time playing there. So, I guess, that, maybe, it was a bit of an improvement?

I root for the home team, I want them to be a winner so bad every year, yet they seem to be unable to put together any consistent winning tradition. In my fanship of the Cardinals they have had, like, 18 non-losing seasons in 54 YEARS! But I continue to be a fan of this team.

So, I would say in response to Mr. Rappaport, the only chips pushed to the center of the table are buffalo chips until proven otherwise.

You who are optimistic about the upcoming season, I salute you. I hope you are right.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These conversations are pretty hilarious in hindsight when you step back from them for a bit.

someone should do a sketch of what a message board or comment section sounds like if you read and acted them out loud.

Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Is that a guarantee? Like choppers plan that we were going to sign linsley and thuney and Curtis and William Jackson III?

look I hope it happens, but seems like many of you are expecting it. Which is laughable.

for instance, you’re crowing about aj signing. I believe it’s accurate to say literally no one on this board talked about signing him. Not bc he was one of those pie in sky unreachables. But bc everyone knew he was shot and not the speed receiver we needed. But the rise colored glasses crew is now acting like we signed a HOFer in his prime. So just as you think the dark side is ridiculous, so do many of us think you cards-can-do-no-wrongers are ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
These conversations are pretty hilarious in hindsight when you step back from them for a bit.

someone should do a sketch of what a message board or comment section sounds like if you read and acted them out loud.
So true

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doyle Brunson won 2 World Series of poker in a row with 10 Deuce offsuit....i have faith..you should to

You think Keim is the Doyle Brunson of GM’s? I would say the difference is that DB was the smartest guy at the table. SK thinks he is, but is far from it... He doesn’t know when to holdem... And know when to foldem. RIP Kenny Rogers