Bickley Assessment Seems Sadly on Target

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know this board has a love/hate relationship with Bickley; however, this opinion seems fairly astute. Discussing the Hudson impact on Murray’s current status, “A player who has made it abundantly clear that he doesn’t like getting hit; he doesn’t like playing hurt; and doesn’t always display a burning love for football. Yeah, sorry, the A’s hats aren’t helping.” His point being it’s now or never.

While this is a little harsh (no one likes to get hit), there are reasonable concerns about Murray. While the Cards still need CB, TE and RB help, this clearly seems a roster that will enter next season as a playoff favorite at worst. One of 2 things will happen. Murray gets the job done and develops further or he fails and a vet QB is brought in. This roster could compete with one of the latter as well.

I think it’s sound to believe this upcoming season should answer any lingering questions about Murray. Murray is fun to watch. I’d hate to see him fail.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
lol at the crowd who is still unsure about K1. Its been evident since 2nd half of Lions game during year 1 that he can be an NFL starter. This year he can solidify his status as a top 10 QB and the organization will back up the brinks truck to pay him.

Bickley complains about the A's hats because he knows its inflammatory. Nobody should be concerned about the A's hats. He's not quitting football to earn LESS money in baseball. He's already locked in higher future earnings in football over baseball and its not even close.

The A's hat is just a reminder to everyone he's a stud. It's Kyler stroking his own ego. He's not divorcing football LMAO

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Murray gets the job done and develops further or he fails and a vet QB is brought in.

i dunno if its that black and white

i think this year will show if K1 is a top 5-ish kinda QB who can carry a team for stretches of the season, or

a good but not great QB who will need a very good supporting cast to be playoff dangerous

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is not going to fail.

Could he get angry at the organization if he doesn't feel the right personnel moves are being made - Yeah definitely.

The biggest way to keep him happy is to give him a solid o-line and good receivers.

Well, Hudson helps, but I don't think AJ Green is satisfactory for a #2 receiver.

Keim needs to go, he is just not getting the job done adequately.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m sorry but anybody even mentioning the A’s hat is a legit clown who shouldn’t be taken seriously.

+1

Also complaining that he "doesn't like to get hit" is completely ridiculous. He's a tiny QB - he SHOULD be protecting himself at all times and avoiding hits whenever possible.

If he wants to complain about avoiding contact, then bitch about PP21 avoiding tackles/contact. That's a valid gripe. But in KM's case? It's a plus, not a deficiency.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Also complaining that he "doesn't like to get hit" is completely ridiculous. He's a tiny QB - he SHOULD be protecting himself at all times and avoiding hits whenever possible.

i think we have all seen Tom Brady and Peyton Manning turtle when the rush closes in

nobody calls them scared

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only QB's I've felt comfortable with (since the late 1940's) were Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner. They both seemed to make the right reads, make good decisions and execute with razor-accuracy.

While KM has shown flashes, he hasn't met those standards consistently.

Until he does, we don't dare blink.

But he's young & there's still time - even in the NFL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So JJ Watt specifically claims he signed with us because of how good he thinks Murray is, but Bickley is saying the Cards are signing 30 ish guys because they're afraid Kyler is going to quit so they need to win now?

My take is several things. They realize last year was bizarre, nobody had camp, nobody had an offseason. They saw the film on Green and they realize he wasn't really 100%, and he apparently played with a QB who struggled throwing the deep balls that Green has caught his entire career, so they're hoping they get a healthy Green who can excel with a QB who throws a better deep ball, which Kyler does.

They needed a kicker and got one with still a strong leg, he had his worst year in awhile but the prior 5 years he was one of the better kickers in the NFL. He still has a great leg, made a 59 yarder last year, and he's been money on the must have kicks. He's 92% for his career from 30-39 yards, and he's still about 70% from 40-49 for his career, a little off that last year. All I know is I personally will trust him to make kicks far more than I did Zane. I wish we could have gotten the kicker from Atlanta but I'll take Prater.

I don't think this is some indication they think Kyler is going to give up

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that hat comment is silly.

Kyler Murray was DRAFTED by the Oakland Athletics.

It's dumber because he was at an A's spring training game that day. I know this because he was taking pictures with Cardinals fans at the game and they were posted to FB.

He was just out being a normal dude

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know this board has a love/hate relationship with Bickley; however, this opinion seems fairly astute. Discussing the Hudson impact on Murray’s current status, “A player who has made it abundantly clear that he doesn’t like getting hit; he doesn’t like playing hurt; and doesn’t always display a burning love for football. Yeah, sorry, the A’s hats aren’t helping.” His point being it’s now or never.

While this is a little harsh (no one likes to get hit), there are reasonable concerns about Murray. While the Cards still need CB, TE and RB help, this clearly seems a roster that will enter next season as a playoff favorite at worst. One of 2 things will happen. Murray gets the job done and develops further or he fails and a vet QB is brought in. This roster could compete with one of the latter as well.

I think it’s sound to believe this upcoming season should answer any lingering questions about Murray. Murray is fun to watch. I’d hate to see him fail.

Hold the presses for late-breaking news:

We've just been informed, and this reporter tears up at the thought - Kyler Murray, QB of the football Cardinals, is not a masochist.

I repeat, Kyler Murray, often referred to as KM, is not a masochist.

We'll keep you up-to-date on this breaking news and will cover KM's, no doubt, heartfelt apology to fans for allowing his parents to raise a sissy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's dumber because he was at an A's spring training game that day. I know this because he was taking pictures with Cardinals fans at the game and they were posted to FB.

He was just out being a normal dude

There is a strong contingency of people who just want to pick apart Murray for some reason.

Devin Booker wearing a Lakers jersey at the All Star game was a much more egregious violation of decorum.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Bickley just proved himself a total idiot...NO ONE likes to get hit...
I was at college in Canada years ago.. because of a wrecked knee from football i didn'f even go games, but this guy i met was some big star.. he was in the running for the scoring title ( absent kickers) as a free safety ( think about that)... Second year he was free safety and place kicker ( beat the
east coast record easily) .. i still hadn't seen him play... 3rd year i was living in an apartment with him, so i said " damn, i better go watch" he was playing free safety, was the place kicker, was a wide receiver, punt returner and KO returner and shattered the Canadian Colligiate scoring record and won the Canadian version of the Heisman...
Ii
I said "Al, how in the hell are you doing this"
He said, " I just don't like getting hit"

He did not mind deliverying a hit as Safety, he just didn't like taking a hit..

Murray reminds me of watching Al....and why the hell anyone worries he "Can't take a hit" is a fool...he knows what he is doing...

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only QB's I've felt comfortable with (since the late 1940's) were Carson Palmer and Kurt Warner. They both seemed to make the right reads, make good decisions and execute with razor-accuracy.

While KM has shown flashes, he hasn't met those standards consistently.

Until he does, we don't dare blink.

But he's young & there's still time - even in the NFL.

I agree he is young and still learning. Wasn’t Warner bagging groceries at Kylers age?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No QB likes to get hit. Not only for the physical risks involved but because if you are getting hit it's likely stopping you doing your job properly.

If your an accounting you probably don't like people throwing paperclips at your head while you're trying to concentrate on somebodies books.

That doesn't mean he's a wuss that hates contact and wants us to protect him at all costs.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hold the presses for late-breaking news:

We've just been informed, and this reporter tears up at the thought - Kyler Murray, QB of the football Cardinals, is not a masochist.

I repeat, Kyler Murray, often referred to as KM, is not a masochist.

We'll keep you up-to-date on this breaking news and will cover KM's, no doubt, heartfelt apology to fans for allowing his parents to raise a sissy.
ha, that was good :cheers:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave