Cardinals : AJ green signed

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green's lack of separation can't be explained away by any QB's accuracy. That is all on him, and is very concerning.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And how many the year before, since you prefer looking back and not ahead?

Since when is looking at stats from years ago as opposed to recent stats a good idea when making projections?

Honestly I do expect better than 6 sacks out of them, but Chandler looked like trash in the 4 games he played last year, and that concerns me a hell of a lot more than it seems to concern most people on this board, and I can't understand why since he is getting old and decline is only a question of when not if.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love this signing. AJ Green is finally healthy, wants a ring, and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's a bonafide #1 WR so playing as the #2 WR opposite of DHOP, With Larry legend working the middle, there is reason to be excited in AZ this year!!

Not knocking your post AZ, but this sounds like a press release straight off of azcardinals.com. LOL...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yup odds pretty good fitz comes back to az for 1yr to play aside green nuk

Really hope all these acquisitions pay off on the field

Not getting my hopes up much

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have thought a lot about this and hear is where i have landed. Cheese, you and Ouchie can make make fun of me because I am going to talk about a plan, again.

If the plan was to sign an outside only WR to enable the Cardinals to move Hopkins around more as well as run more 4 WR sets, I get it and can accept the AJ Green signing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have thought a lot about this and hear is where i have landed. Cheese, you and Ouchie can make make fun of me because I am going to talk about a plan, again.

If the plan was to sign an outside only WR to enable the Cardinals to move Hopkins around more as well as run more 4 WR sets, I get it and can accept the AJ Green signing.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

If you watch that youtube video where the Bengals fan breaks down all of the throws going AJ Greens way, you'll see that Burrow threw a lot of HORRIBLE passes his way.

Green is a decent shot to at least be productive, and he also doesn't add a longer term potential bad contract. I know many wanted Samuels, but he's not really a good fit in the slot. The Cardinals may be looking at moving Kirk into the slot where he should be significantly MORE effective.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm the one who said he's a young 32 and will stick by it. He was injured in a flukey way 2 years ago when Cincy had the team preparing to play on an un-playable field(the game was later cancelled because of the field conditions). This started the path to him leaving Cincy. He could've come back and played that year but both parties agreed that he stay on the sidelines because the Bengals were well on their way to the #1 pick. Then, Cincy and the cheap Mike Brown tags him.

The Bengals select Joe Burrow and decide to go young about halfway into the season and put the passing game emphasis on Higgins and Boyd. Green had 58 targets the first 7 games, with only 1 target in one of those, but basically had the 2nd half of the year off after that decision and the Burrow injury where they had no competent QB play to speak of.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I understand the reasoning, but it doesn’t make aj any less injury prone, any younger, or any better last year. The player is the player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

If you watch that youtube video where the Bengals fan breaks down all of the throws going AJ Greens way, you'll see that Burrow threw a lot of HORRIBLE passes his way.

Green is a decent shot to at least be productive, and he also doesn't add a longer term potential bad contract. I know many wanted Samuels, but he's not really a good fit in the slot. The Cardinals may be looking at moving Kirk into the slot where he should be significantly MORE effective.
So the idea is that a broken down WR is going to come here and be good and the trickle down effect is that it pushes an underachieving WR to the slot (where if I’m correct, didn’t we discover during the draft is NOT where he played primarily collegiately) which should somehow make him good too.

I wish I had your optimism.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So the idea is that a broken down WR is going to come here and be good and the trickle down effect is that it pushes an underachieving WR to the slot (where if I’m correct, didn’t we discover during the draft is NOT where he played primarily collegiately) which should somehow make him good too.

I wish I had your optimism.

It's not called "optimism".....it's called not having the same damn reaction every year and trying to understand what the team wants to do.

My thoughts:

JJ Watt. Solid signing and should be a key defender. Also doesn't count in the compensatory formula since he was released.
AJ Green. Meh. I would've probably gone with Marvin Jones, but I can see the logic to signing Green who has played at an All Pro level in the past and could be a huge match up problem.
Rodney Hudson. Homerun.
Prater. Best kicker on the market.

And the rest? Lets be patient. There are still tons of good players available. Even with the Cardinals best off-season's, the Darksiders acted this way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How? His aDot is a full 2.2 yards more than anyone.

Here's a Bengals fan breaking down AJ Green early in the season and how many bad deep passes he had.

I think it's clear AJ wasn't happy in Cinci before the season which was made worse by having to suffer through going untargeted or being missed by 4 yards.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ace has changed since his PGU days!

Too long for me to watch the whole thing but I agree lots of uncatchable balls

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's not called "optimism".....it's called not having the same damn reaction every year and trying to understand what the team wants to do.

My thoughts:

JJ Watt. Solid signing and should be a key defender. Also doesn't count in the compensatory formula since he was released.
AJ Green. Meh. I would've probably gone with Marvin Jones, but I can see the logic to signing Green who has played at an All Pro level in the past and could be a huge match up problem.
Rodney Hudson. Homerun.
Prater. Best kicker on the market.

And the rest? Lets be patient. There are still tons of good players available. Even with the Cardinals best off-season's, the Darksiders acted this way.
Man, this broad brush with which you’re painting is a throwback to awful Tango like posts when we first joined the board, and frankly it’s beneath you. Or so I thought.

you act like darksiders just come in ranting about everything being awful with zero reason. When in reality every single signing has been addressed individually and with facts as to why there may be a concern. You having a difference of opinion doesn’t delegitimize someone else’s perspective. And you’re generalization is disingenuous as well - as I’ve seen literally everyone on the board has lauded the Hudson trade.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I try to be optimistic about things but this one just I don’t think was a good move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose