Ian Rapoport: From looking on the outside in, Arizona pushing all their chips on table

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Was gonna post this independent from a tweet, but Tucker makes an excellent point. Draft picks aren’t gonna get Keim wins today. I honestly don’t think this is coincidental

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. All in. This team and roster and off season is way overrated.

one great move, Hudson. It’s a shame we had to do that because we were led to believe by Keim that Cole and Galliard would fill the bill.

A 33 year old WR that’s coming of his two worse seasons of his career trying to sell a lot of if, buts , perhaps and imagines.

A 32 year old DL coming here on reputation again with if, buts and maybes.

A secondary with NOBODY! We have a second round pick that has to play slot. A free agent who is now entering his third year on the team and hasn’t play one single down.

Looks like we might sell some tickets this year with star power. How many will be in the seats come December?

Sure. We’re all in. If Kyler or Hopkins goes down to injury there will be little reason to watch this team.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So now we should be worried how many people are in their seats come December. Lol!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think the team is being moderately aggressive

"putting all the chips in" would be taking DJ, Budda, etc contracts and doing the "convert salary to bonus" maneuver and free up another $15mm in cap space

it would have been grabbing a Corey Davis or the like in the WR market and a upper tier CB

and btw: i dont see the Watt and Green signings as being "sell tickets" motivated. They effectively sell out the games anyway, and we are really talking about a fairly small margin of incremental ticket sales.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now we should be worried how many people are in their seats come December. Lol!
What. We haven’t seen this before? Not worried about it but if we are 3-7 during our “ all in” off season there will be an empty stadium.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What. We haven’t seen this before? Not worried about it but if we are 3-7 during our “ all in” off season there will be an empty stadium.

Seats will all be sold well before anyone knows the record. Money will be already counted so the team really won't care if there aren't butts in the seats.

To be honest the only people this effects is the scalpers and ticket brokers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Seats will all be sold well before anyone knows the record. Money will be already counted so the team really won't care if there aren't butts in the seats.

To be honest the only people this effects is the scalpers and ticket brokers.
Concessions too and merch

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I want to wait until after the draft to fully assess this roster. That said in the NFL continuous success is rare. It’s more often true success comes from teams seeing an opportunity and seizing it. Tampa was the perfect example. They can likely contend for one more year then they probably fall back. However, if I were working for a team that had never won a Super Bowl, I’d go for it if I thought I was close.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've said it elsewhere, but the Cardinals are going to have close to $50 million in cap space next offseason, and if you look at how the cap actually decreased this year and the fact that the NFL is currently looking for a broadcast deal that might be DOUBLE the prior broadcast deal, the Cardinals might have a staggering amount of money to spend next season, maybe in upwards of $80 million if you correct for the previous caps and tack on a healthy growth.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to wait until after the draft to fully assess this roster. That said in the NFL continuous success is rare. It’s more often true success comes from teams seeing an opportunity and seizing it. Tampa was the perfect example. They can likely contend for one more year then they probably fall back. However, if I were working for a team that had never won a Super Bowl, I’d go for it if I thought I was close.
Harry, in your wildest imagination do you think this team is anywhere near the definition of close????

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said it elsewhere, but the Cardinals are going to have close to $50 million in cap space next offseason, and if you look at how the cap actually decreased this year and the fact that the NFL is currently looking for a broadcast deal that might be DOUBLE the prior broadcast deal, the Cardinals might have a staggering amount of money to spend next season, maybe in upwards of $80 million if you correct for the previous caps and tack on a healthy growth.
So will a lot of teams. One of the problems is we are spending cap space on positions that should not be a deficiency. Draft THREE wr’s bring in Green. Draft Cole , Galliard bring in Hudson at a 9 m cost and a 3rd round pick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

again, shades of another argument from the 2003 belly of the beast off-season... keeping the powder dry.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So will a lot of teams. One of the problems is we are spending cap space on positions that should not be a deficiency. Draft THREE wr’s bring in Green. Draft Cole , Galliard bring in Hudson at a 9 m cost and a 3rd round pick.

Sunk cost fallacy though. Those players aren't good so you have to replace them, no matter what was spent on them previously.

And you actually counting Gaillard as a late round lineman shouldn't factor much into the calculus. Also Cole may factor in at guard; quite a few linemen have failed to be centers, but have turned out to be good guards.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
again, shades of another argument from the 2003 belly of the beast off-season... keeping the powder dry.

Except the Cardinals haven't been bringing in special teams players and solid backups like Coach Mac did....they've brought in guys who have been elite at their positions in the past.

I can't really take your consternation seriously, because I've seen you act like this pretty much every year for two decades.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mind him going all in if his idea of a good signing is AJ Green the least productive starting receiver in the NFL last year at a price that suggests he was a solid performer.

Keim is feeling lucky with a deuce seven off suit on that signing lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except the Cardinals haven't been bringing in special teams players and solid backups like Coach Mac did....they've brought in guys who have been elite at their positions in the past.

I can't really take your consternation seriously, because I've seen you act like this pretty much every year for two decades.
And other than a couple brief dalliances with good play his consternation has pretty much been warranted by the results,no? I mean what further validation does he need other a general record of putridity and mediocrity?

you act like he complains every year and then the Cardinals performance proves his fears to be unwarranted. When in reality more often than not his fears/concerns are supported by the outcomes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave