Pp21 news incoming

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Local media here in Minnesota is pretty excited to add “all-pro,pro bowl, future HOF’er” Patrick Peterson. Should I tell them? They’re going to be pretty upset when Mike Zimmer benches PP for not tackling. His corners are usually good tacklers.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Oh okay. So Fitz and Kyler are captains who don’t have leadership responsibilities but Patrick was. What about DJ Humphries? How much responsibility for the collapse gets attributed to him?
Shared responsibility. The 3-4 games of total collapse is on Leadership

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Local media here in Minnesota is pretty excited to add “all-pro,pro bowl, future HOF’er” Patrick Peterson. Should I tell them? They’re going to be pretty upset when Mike Zimmer benches PP for not tackling. His corners are usually good tacklers.
Peterson will be out to show up the Cards. He’ll tackle or at least try to do so. What he won’t do is successfully cover speed receivers and crossing patterns. He’s lost at least a step. His ego seems to have prevented him from making adjustments. He’ll also stack up the penalties. He’s still a decent CB but even in a shortage market if they paid more than $8 mil they overpaid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They’re just having the same reaction to PP that some around here are having to AJ Green, except I think PP has more left in the tank than does AJ (and I’ve been off PP’s bandwagon for a couple years).

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
P2 may have lost a step and never been a sure tackler, but his advanced stats are still fairly elite. He gives up more catches than he used to, but doesn't give up yardage. Only 1 time since 2015 has he given up 100+ yards to a receiver.

Here, he was relied on to be a 1 man stop. All we run is man coverage. In Minny he's going to a cover 2 so he won't have to give his all every play which leaves gas in the tank during the game and season to make more plays.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’re just having the same reaction to PP that some around here are having to AJ Green, except I think PP has more left in the tank than does AJ (and I’ve been off PP’s bandwagon for a couple years).
You are so right. I’ve drank so much kook aid over the years. I just can’t do it any more over if’s, maybe’s and imagine.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peterson will be out to show up the Cards. He’ll tackle or at least try to do so. What he won’t do is successfully cover speed receivers and crossing patterns. He’s lost at least a step. His ego seems to have prevented him from making adjustments. He’ll also stack up the penalties. He’s still a decent CB but even in a shortage market if they paid more than $8 mil they overpaid.

This game will be meaningful

Date TBA
You must be registered for see images attach
Minnesota Vikings State Farm Stadium, Glendale, AZ Time TBA Buy Tickets

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We don’t have the type of receiver (speed) that causes PP problems, so he’ll have a pro bowl looking day against us.
We should have signed Emmanuel Sanders.

But my guess is that Nuk torches his side of the field.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t have the type of receiver (speed) that causes PP problems, so he’ll have a pro bowl looking day against us.
I mean, a washed Alshon Jeffrey made him look foolish last season. He basically struggled against a competent WR that wasn’t a rookie.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

this is spot on

i think both can give you bursts of their old selves -- but not consistently

i think WRs have a bigger margin for error: they simply dont get open. CBs give up receptions.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I mean, a washed Alshon Jeffrey made him look foolish last season. He basically struggled against a competent WR that wasn’t a rookie.

that was the game that told me P2 was near the end. That Alshon Jeffrey was regularly able to stack him on vertical routes as concerning

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The layup they gave up right before that was even worse. Total choke job.

that was worse. My dad was SOOOOOO pissed on that play. I can still hear him yelling “OH MY GOD!”

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave