Reddick agrees to sign with Carolina

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Echoing the sentiment of the one year performer in contract year.....hard pass. He may turn out to be a stud. Who knows...but I think this is a smart move from keim an co, for once. This is the stuff he would get burned in the past.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn wanted reddick back over a aging green....

So do cards draft a replacement in 1 or 2 round now?

They have his replacement. Gardeck can do anything Reddick can.

Chandler and Golden would have been the starters even if we kept him. He is just a situational pass rusher - which is what Gardeck is.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Chandler and Golden would have been the starters even if we kept him. He is just a situational pass rusher - which is what Gardeck is.
Gardeck is coming off a torn ACL

and let’s not bring up AP as examples bouncing back quick from a torn ACL. He won’t have his burst by the first game.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
it's not a question of JJ. At that price it's a question of Reddick or Kennard. we literally saw that play out on the field already and saw who made more of an impact.
That's fair. I was thinking in terms of current FAs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Echoing the sentiment of the one year performer in contract year.....hard pass. He may turn out to be a stud. Who knows...but I think this is a smart move from keim an co, for once. This is the stuff he would get burned in the past.

giving a guy a one year 8 million dollar prove it year? I fail to see how that could burn him when he already had Golden, Watt and CJ.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully they play the Giants all 16 games. Cause other than that it's all fluff

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gardeck... who just had an ACL surgery in late January. Forget that next year is the ignore all the injured guys we're depending on year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gardeck is coming off a torn ACL

and let’s not bring up AP as examples bouncing back quick from a torn ACL. He won’t have his burst by the first game.

You seen Odell Beckham lately?

He tore his in week 7 and is running full speed as of a week ago.

Gardeck will be back by the second half of the season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What kind of father would name his kid R E D D I C K .... What, was Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, and Brown already taken?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
giving a guy a one year 8 million dollar prove it year? I fail to see how that could burn him when he already had Golden, Watt and CJ.
There could have been plenty of other factors in the decision to not match. Probably something to the same tune of why 31 other teams didn't give him anything more significant. Another not so great omen/sign for reddick coming off that kind of season. IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There could have been plenty of other factors in the decision to not match. Probably something to the same tune of why 31 other teams didn't give him anything more significant. Another not so great omen/sign for reddick coming off that kind of season. IMO.

using that logic, almost every signing we made of our own guys ain't a great omen for the upcoming season since all of them came with "great low contracts" with apparently 31 other teams not giving them anything significant.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was down on him his whole career until this year. This was the team’s fault for sticking him in a position he had no business playing. Then they put him at his natural position and shined. Not his fault.
I agree with you, he played out of position mostly his entire Cardinal career. That being said, I do hate to see him go but we have pass rushers now & imo, we needed the interior OL fixed the worst. Shorter QB's need a clean pocket to see over & Rodney Hudson will help make that happen. I hope we can get Creed Humphrey in round 2?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you, he played out of position mostly his entire Cardinal career. That being said, I do hate to see him go but we have pass rushers now & imo, we needed the interior OL fixed the worst. Shorter QB's need a clean pocket to see over & Rodney Hudson will help make that happen. I hope we can get Creed Humphrey in round 2?

resigning Reddick would have had zero effect on fixing the interior OL. We decided to value a guy coming off an ACL surgery at 3 million per and Kennard who's ass got benched at 6 million per year over the guy who was 3rd in total TFL last season in the league.

no one can convince me that keeping Kennard over Reddick at almost identical salaries makes a lick of football sense.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
resigning Reddick would have had zero effect on fixing the interior OL. We decided to value a guy coming off an ACL surgery at 3 million per and Kennard who's ass got benched at 6 million per year over the guy who was 3rd in total TFL last season in the league.

no one can convince me that keeping Kennard over Reddick at almost identical salaries makes a lick of football sense.

I hope Kennard is cut to create some additional cap room. What a terrible FA signing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I forgot this means we have to see more of Kennard. :(

Gardeck won’t have the ridiculously efficient impact he had last year.

Jones and Phillips need to have a 2019 repeat performance

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
using that logic, almost every signing we made of our own guys ain't a great omen for the upcoming season since all of them came with "great low contracts" with apparently 31 other teams not giving them anything significant.
Were any of them up and coming younger guys that just came off a break out season?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Keim had no interest in re-signing Reddick is the biggest indictment

considering who Keim has signed and targeted the last couple of FA periods, who exactly is being indicted here and for what?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
considering who Keim has signed and targeted the last couple of FA periods, who exactly is being indicted here and for what?
Keim. He could’ve signed his second first rounder to an easy extension and was a hard pass.

something must’ve been pretty poisonous in that relationship

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I agree there. Kennard needs to go but what is the cap hit by cutting him? Edge rushers are usually plentiful though every year so we can always draft one. But after typing that, Steve Keim is making the picks so................nevermind lol.