Matt Prater is a Cardinal

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something had to be done. We shall see what happens during regular season. Better to have it addressed than have K2 spend a whole off-season trying to talk up Zane again & everyone knowing it's nonsense

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
problem with Zane is that you dont know if hes fixed or not until its too late

its great if he makes 12 fgs in a row in low pressure situations

its when he then shanks a 44 yarder to win in OT or something. At that point, he is done and you need to find a new kicker mid-season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't. Prater's misses were all long range

unless i'm looking at these stats wrong, Zane missed 5 between 40-49 yards. Prater missed 3 between 40-49 yards. We're not talking a gulf of difference there. He's definitely got a bigger leg though. I guess that gives us more opportunities for Kliff to go super conservative and try long field goals.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has been one of the best kickers in the NFL but had a down year in 2020. Still has a very strong leg. Check the free agent kicker list and he probably was the best available. Let's just hope he bounces back here. IMO, definite upgrade over Gonzales.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah check out the 50yd
Prater you feel good about trying the kick
Zane you don't even have him kick it cause you know the fool will miss.

this much is true. I'm just not crazy about a guy who's on a sliding scale from 87% to 83% to 75% accuracy his last three years and who's only getting older.

but kickers can age better than a lot of guys. hopefully he has a bounceback this year and we don't need him to boot so many long ones.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this much is true. I'm just not crazy about a guy who's on a sliding scale from 87% to 83% to 75% accuracy his last three years and who's only getting older.

but kickers can age better than a lot of guys. hopefully he has a bounceback this year and we don't need him to boot so many long ones.
I feel the same
Especially since he was playing indoors with Detroit
But half his misses had to be him replaying in his head....I cant believe I signed with Detroit

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's the most accurate kicker in NFL history from 50 & beyond so that's good enough for me. Yes I get the age thing (36) but I cringed every single time Gonzalez lined up to kick from 40+

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So sick of kicks falling short. Even with some of our kickers ability to hit from 56-57 or 60.... they fell short too often.

Prater has a legit leg and doesn't get rattled.

Also, now K2 won't have the excuse that he has to go for it every time between ~33-43 because our kicker has no leg.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So sick of kicks falling short. Even with some of our kickers ability to hit from 56-57 or 60.... they fell short too often.

Prater has a legit leg and doesn't get rattled.

Also, now K2 won't have the excuse that he has to go for it every time between ~33-43 because our kicker has no leg.
He's the most accurate kicker in NFL history from 50 +. Doesn't matter to me his age, I'll take it after cringing watching Gonzalez miss from 40 + last season lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave