Cardinals : AJ green signed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This thread is funny.

Green has a Hall of Fame level career with 7 Pro Bowls and a 15 YPC average. Has one down year with a rookie QB, a garbage O line and a bad HC and he's suddenly trash.

He might be cooked, but you certainly can't base that on last years stats.

I like Player Profiler as they have some metrics others don't have and they show that Green had 939 unrealized air yards. That's 939 yards where he was open and the ball wasn't thrown his way, or it was off target. That was #3 in the league.

The reason for that you can see in another of their metrics, Target Quality Rating. This discounts short passes and puts a rating on pass quality on deep balls. Deep passes to Green had a TQR of 4.0. That was #103 in the league.

The difference between his targets and catchable targets was 30 percentage points.

I would rather have a younger guy like Samuel but I there's no doubt Green is more talented if he still has gas in the tank.
I hope you’re right. I also hope that these made up fantasy yards somehow materialize next season. Like I’ve said though, not holding my breathe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Love this signing. AJ Green is finally healthy, wants a ring, and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's a bonafide #1 WR so playing as the #2 WR opposite of DHOP, With Larry legend working the middle, there is reason to be excited in AZ this year!!
Man do I want some of what you’re smoking! Love the optimism!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
When your team signs a 7 time Pro Bowler and likely future HOF WR for $6m with a max of $8m and fans are mad because he's not 28. When you been paying 38 year old Larry $11.5m per since 2016 which is both more money and a much higher percentage of cap space through those seasons.

You must be registered for see images attach
For those of us who have been saying it’s too much for Fitz for a couple of years . . . yeah . . . good chance we are right again.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of like it green is injury prone but he is coming to a team with a better qb and Hopkins so maybe that will help

Not keeping my hopes to high on green but he gives kyler a decent redzone threat at the very least next season

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d say the price was right. Green suffered last year in an offense that wasn’t suited to his talents. He’s an upgrade from Fitz and much will depend on how willing Murray is to use him. IMO Murray undervalued Fitz and failed to appreciate what he could have provided. Now the Cards bring in a solid receiver who is more of a possession receiver at this point of his career. Frankly either of these players, properly used, could give the Cards a more potent offense. So I’m guessing say “thanks” to Fitz and “welcome” to A.J. Now throw him the ball! He’s a quality addition and he has something to prove. I’m betting her earns those incentives if Murray gives him a chance. They could still draft someone to spread the field, but likely won’t do so in round 1.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d say the price was right. Green suffered last year in an offense that wasn’t suited to his talents. He’s an upgrade from Fitz and much will depend on how willing Murray is to use him. IMO Murray undervalued Fitz and failed to appreciate what he could have provided. Now the Cards bring in a solid receiver who is more of a possession receiver at this point of his career. Frankly either of these players, properly used, could give the Cards a more potent offense. So I’m guessing say “thanks” to Fitz and “welcome” to A.J. Now throw him the ball! He’s a quality addition and he has something to prove. I’m betting her earns those incentives if Murray gives him a chance. They could still draft someone to spread the field, but likely won’t do so in round 1.

:rockon:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Problem: Are you content with AJ Green as our #2, Kirk as our #3, and whatever else we have at WR? Because I am pretty damn certain Keim isn't about to go sign another WR. I mean, it's Keim, after all.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lmao you said “Fitz for a million or 2” yea like never.... and there have been quite a few that Fitz should continue to play for as long as he wants even at 5-7 million due to his “leadership”

Me? I was the one blasting KK for saying exactly that. I'd have (brought--past tense, now that we signed Green) Fitz back on a low-cost deal because he'd be better than a, say, Isabella. Not as a #2 WR, though, and, like I said, not now that we have the over-the-hill Green signed.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Price for a WR2 is right. AJ Green is not a #1 anymore, but should be good for around 700-800 yards next season. I’m fine with it. He’s an obvious upgrade over the corpses behind Hop

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose