Cardinals : AJ green signed

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Love this signing. AJ Green is finally healthy, wants a ring, and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He's a bonafide #1 WR so playing as the #2 WR opposite of DHOP, With Larry legend working the middle, there is reason to be excited in AZ this year!!
WE NEEDED A 2nd year!!!!

6mm just tees me off at only one season.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This thread is funny.

Green has a Hall of Fame level career with 7 Pro Bowls and a 15 YPC average. Has one down year with a rookie QB, a garbage O line and a bad HC and he's suddenly trash.

He might be cooked, but you certainly can't base that on last years stats.

I like Player Profiler as they have some metrics others don't have and they show that Green had 939 unrealized air yards. That's 939 yards where he was open and the ball wasn't thrown his way, or it was off target. That was #3 in the league.

The reason for that you can see in another of their metrics, Target Quality Rating. This discounts short passes and puts a rating on pass quality on deep balls. Deep passes to Green had a TQR of 4.0. That was #103 in the league.

The difference between his targets and catchable targets was 30 percentage points.

I would rather have a younger guy like Samuel but I there's no doubt Green is more talented if he still has gas in the tank.
He also missed 29 games from 2016-2019 due to injury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When your team signs a 7 time Pro Bowler and likely future HOF WR for $6m with a max of $8m and fans are mad because he's not 28. When you been paying 38 year old Larry $11.5m per since 2016 which is both more money and a much higher percentage of cap space through those seasons.

You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're not excited with a pass rush that adds JJ Watt and Chandler Jones?

No really much, I think we had to fix the interior line at first, then Cb
Then I don't see any plans when u just fullfil the roster with players over 32,I with some questioned durability
I think should be a mix of players in terms of age

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bulk of Green's totals, however, came during the first five years of his career. Starting with the 2016 season, the former Georgia standout battled numerous injuries. From that point onward, he missed 29 games, including the entire 2019 season after he suffered an ankle injury in the first preseason practice.

Green played all 16 games in 2020 but had career single-season low totals of 47 catches for 523 yards and two touchdowns. He caught 43.9% of his targets, according to ESPN Stats & Information, the lowest of any qualifying Bengals receiver last season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As recently as last year I was open to kicking the tires on Green, so I can't be that mad, but I can't say this is exciting.

I guess it gives us a weapon but still the flexibility to draft a top young guy if they're there in the top rounds.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When your team signs a 7 time Pro Bowler and likely future HOF WR for $6m with a max of $8m and fans are mad because he's not 28. When you been paying 38 year old Larry $11.5m per since 2016 which is both more money and a much higher percentage of cap space through those seasons.

Truth

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
parent you one of the guys that said your happy to have Fitz back lol

I'm happy to have fitz back as I think he can play better than last year still. AJ hasnt done anything in 5 years. AJ AND Fitz? meh.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’ll be 33 by training camp.

Oft injured and past their prime. I really don’t understand the philosophy.

Only thing that makes sense is he is a good sideline catch player, and that's where Kyler likes to throw the ball.

I hope that's not really the thinking though, need to work on Kyler being able to throw all over the field to realize his potential.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're not excited with a pass rush that adds JJ Watt and Chandler Jones?

except were not really adding that to our pass rush from last year because Reddick was a huge part of that success and Gardeck is currently on one leg.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

false comparison. I’ve been off the Larry bandwagon for a while and you neglect to mention how injury riddled and un productive that “HOF” WR has been in the last four years as he only gets older.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Then you wake up & realize it isn’t 2015 anymore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson