What the hell is our backup QB situation right now

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What’s Max Hall doing these days? It really is scary to think we have no legit backup

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why I love trading back to get extra picks is Kellen Mond round 4

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They can't run it back with Streveler...can they???? Please say no.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why would we pick up a QB who's incapable of throwing to his left? That'd be a horrible decision. Cards should pick up RGIII. He's a good system fit and he won't be asking for much.
You pick up a QB who is young, has starting experience, still has some potential, and has an athletic profile to run your system. RGIII is trash. There is zero upside with paying him money to back anyone up. Ravens tried it and he got injured. At least with Mitch, if he plays ok when given a chance, you have the potential of someone trading for him at some point.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Joshua Dobbs from Pitt?

young, can run the same stuff that K1 does. Been in the NFL, but not sure how much he has played

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why would we pick up a QB who's incapable of throwing to his left? That'd be a horrible decision. Cards should pick up RGIII. He's a good system fit and he won't be asking for much.
The NFL has been trying to resuscitate RGIII’s career for a decade to no avail. It’s unfortunate what happened to his knee, but it appears as if he’s never mentally recovered. Look elsewhere. Mitchell and Alex Smith are two that I’d actively pursue at this point

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
The NFL has been trying to resuscitate RGIII’s career for a decade to no avail. It’s unfortunate what happened to his knee, but it appears as if he’s never mentally recovered. Look elsewhere. Mitchell and Alex Smith are two that I’d actively pursue at this point
Mitchell is incapable of throwing to his left. There's no upside w him.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to think RG3 could be had for really cheap.

Alex and Trubisky will cost too much.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I for one would love to see Alex Smith here on a very friendly back-up QB contract. Streveler more geared as an emergency #3 QB. Like we saw versus the Rams in the season finale, we just need a veteran game manager type QB and we would of won. Plus it would be beneficial to have a true veteran QB on the sidelines talking to Kyler, mentoring him, all throughout the ups and downs during the season.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Tribusky to Bills. The pickings are getting slim, but my preferred guy Alex Smith is still out there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose