If Micah Parsons slides to 16

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I say take him immediately. Our main issues on defense have been covering TE's over the middle and runs to the outside either with sweeps, pitches, or screens. Our Edge LB's are either too slow to cover ground and contain the width of the field or overrun plays (Golden and even Gardeck), which leaves either a CB or Hicks to try to get to the edge in time to make a tackle. Hicks is too slow and our CB's let themselves get tied up with the WR's so they don't have to tackle. If we have Simmons and Parsons patrolling the middle, they both have the athleticism and speed to get to the edge and shut down the play before it gets going. I doubt he slides this far but some mock drafts show him sliding so who knows. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Hope not.
do you think he’s not good or you would just rather have someone else? I admit I’m not a guru on this guy but from what I’ve seen and read, seems like he could help the D right away.

neojdc

Reaction score
Take him if he's there but don't forget Keim is our GM. Im expecting a bust!!!

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Seen lots of mocks with many different guys being drafted by the Cardinals but Parsons wasn’t one of them. Usually gone by 16. But who knows.....:shrug:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If he somehow fell I would be ecstatic but only because someone will want to trade up for him. Something like #16 (1000) for #25 (720), #33 (260), and #170 (22) is ideal
This.

I saw Parsons up close in Harrisburg and he's an absolute freak. Best HS player from the area since Chase actually, but I hope he goes earlier and someone else drops.

Plus..... The odds are in favor of it. He's a top 13 guy for sure IMO.

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This.

I saw Parsons up close in Harrisburg and he's an absolute freak. Best HS player from the area since Chase actually, but I hope he goes earlier and someone else drops.

If you were that impressed with him, why wouldn’t you want him for our D?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Off the ball linebackers can be found in the 2nd-4th round area with regularity. Don't keep making the mistake of taking ILBs over and over in the 1st round! If the Cardinals did this, this would be the THIRD time that the Cardinals drafted an off the ball linebacker under Keim.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This.

I actually would be more interested if he was the best HS player from Texas or Florida... just yanking your chain lol

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Don't think he would get passed Belichick, nor would Pitts. Belichick would be scratching his head over which to take if both of them were there for him.

1:30pm: Oops, nevermind. Pats just signed Jonnu Smith for big money.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he somehow fell I would be ecstatic but only because someone will want to trade up for him. Something like #16 (1000) for #25 (720), #33 (260), and #170 (22) is ideal
Definitely we need more picks, being at 16 u don't have a no miss prospect, trading down 10 spots and u can still get a good player, really deep class considering our needs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose